Worst company for RMA

Mightyinvader

i know , i wish i could reverse time and just buy a saphire , or an evga card .... preferably evga ive always had good times with them

Well it is quiet alright. You didn't know, or thought they changed. I thought of the same when Creative Labs released the X-Fi. Huge mistake that was. We all learn from it. I don't think I need to recall to anyone the story with Creative Labs and X-Fi sound card.

Here in the UK, Asus is rubbish. They barely reply, and then just tell you to bugger off to the retailer.

Gigabyte is brilliant, EVGA brilliant, MSI okay but a bit slow

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

Well it is quiet alright. You didn't know, or thought they changed. I thought of the same when Creative Labs released the X-Fi. Huge mistake that was. We all learn from it. I don't think I need to recall to anyone the story with Creative Labs and X-Fi sound card.

true , there's a lot more shady company's out there these days :/

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

The worst RMA experience I've had through a retailer is Newegg. I bought my MSI GT70 through them and when the laptop showed up it had problems staying on. It would randomly shut off, especially if you moved it. I had to pay to send it to them($25), which wouldn't have been an issue if they actually had done something. I told them “the laptop shuts off when you move it” and what did they do? They left it stationary while running stress tests on it. I was then charged another $10 for “wasting their time”.  I ended up fixing the problem my self, which was as simple as removing the GT70 button panel and bending a tiny piece of metal that was pressing against the back of the power button. I filed a complaint through Newegg, showing them the tests they ran and how they were “fixing” the wrong issue, and they reimbursed me with a 10% off coupon, which was already expired when I tried using it  week later.

The worst RMA through a manufacture is probably a tie between OCZ(pre Toshiba) and Asus. For OCZ, I had two kits of  4Gb DDR3 “Gold Garbage” that had failed with 2 months of use. I contacted them and three weeks later my RMA was authorized. Before I sent the RAM out, I wrote “RMA-Dead” on the RAM to avoid confusion. During the testing, they confirmed that the RAM was broken, then sent it back to me(they had my writing on them). I emailed them and the “apologized for the inconvenience” and sent me a new kit at no extra charge. When the package arrived, it was a refurbished power supply with a broken fan blade(the one now being used in my HP lol).  I tried contacting them again, however they ignored me every time I contacted them. I still have the broken RAM and the power supply was an easy fix(just glued the blade back in place).

ASUS at least didn't waste my time, however they ruined a perfectly good notebook. I had a N series laptop that was great until the hinge fell apart after 10 months of use. The RMA process was simple and fast, but when they sent the “fixed” laptop back to me I discovered real quickly that Asus doesn't care about RMA's. In the desktop sized box there was my computer in a antistatic bag, and that was it. No padding, foam, paper, nothing to protect the laptop. The screen was shattered, the HDD sounded like broken glass, and there were several dents on the laptop. Asus assured me that they package “components” for maximum protection and that if I noticed anything wrong I shouldn't have signed for the package. At this point I couldn't RMA again and fixing the laptop was just not worth it, so I sold it for its parts and was able to recover most of the cost of the laptop.

The only bad RMA experience i got was a micro usb charger i bought from a local store. The thing overheated an awful lot, and eventually shorted out. I returned it, and got a replacement, which i dumped somewhere in a drawer. I really should have opened my mouth and demand my money back, now i think of it.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

This is why I love Australia,  RMA is not needed. withing the first 12 months of just about any purchase the shop has to deal with it.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.