Vessel sucks, c'mon LMG

Kalevro

This site vessel sucks, it's disorienting no matter how much they tried to copy the youtube loadout also it feels super bloated- I have to un-zoom my browser window to 67% in order to view what's going on the page normally. I went there because there are some interesting (bait) videos that are a week old and still not uploaded to youtube, tried to watch one but the loading times are so horrible it feels like i'm on  2008 youtube despite the fact that I have 100mbit up "and" down   http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4281638854

My request is to just begin uploading the newer videos also to youtube, i know you're trying different ways to earn more out of your content but my experience with vessel for now is not satisfactory for a PAID platform.

My request is to just begin uploading the newer videos also to youtube, i know you're trying different ways to earn more out of your content but my experience with vessel for now is not satisfactory for a PAID platform.

I think that they have a contract with vessel, that prevents them to upload their videos to any other site within 72 hours.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

I also hate it like nothing else in the world but LMG already signed a contract so no hopes left

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Dunno what you're on about with the loading times, the videos play the moment I click them and I've never seen any buffering. Vessel feels much snappier than Youtube on my 150/40 connection.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

i think (hope) the complaints users currently have about vessel are just growing pains of vessel still being kinda new, and already getting really big, without really having stuff figured out.

loading times are fine for me, but navigating the site is an issue. i really would like LMG to pop up first, because that's the only channel i watch on vessel.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

After the initial roll-out problems Vessel has been working perfectly fine for me with no problems. The page style takes some getting used to but I have no complaints of it.

Always trying to find reason.

i think (hope) the complaints users currently have about vessel are just growing pains of vessel still being kinda new, and already getting really big, without really having stuff figured out.

Honestly I think Vessel is going to fail.

I just don't understand why you'd pay for something that you can get free anyway. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I just don't understand why you'd pay for something that you can get free anyway. 

ATM no one is paying and after that year no one will be paying ^^ Vessel is not going to last a year with that design

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Never had any problems with Vessel, and videos load on the "High" quality preset without buffering a single second on my 12 down and 1 up connection.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

ATM no one is paying and after that year no one will be paying ^^ Vessel is not going to last a year with that design

No one is paying? Is that because of the free year Linus promoted a few weeks back because I missed it. :( 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

^ This.

I would take a "Twitch" approach.

No one is paying? Is that because of the free year Linus promoted a few weeks back because I missed it. :(

Yes Vessel got everyone a year for free

I've only experienced any form of buffering 2-3 times, on my garbage CentryLink connection.

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

Honestly I think Vessel is going to fail.

Me too. I realise the whole "YouTube was like that back in the day argument", but that was 2005. Nowadays, developers are more used to doing advanced sites such as YouTube, whereas YouTube was pretty creative (I know there were other sites, but they didn't really go in YT's direction of creative freedom)

I've only experienced any form of buffering 2-3 times, on my garbage CentryLink connection.

The thing is that it doesn't buffers that often no, but if there's heavy traffic or something I just fail to have anything start playing at all.

-------

Current Rig

-------

They might if people watch the ads. And quite honestly I'm happy with them, 3-4 seconds and things I actually like. It's not bad.

Always trying to find reason.

I can agree with you when it comes to the layout, it is terrible and super confusing, the YouTube layout is much easier to use.

I hate vessel but I understand why they are trying it. In the end they are a business and need to make money to pay employees and expand. I just hate the layout of vessel it takes too long to watch the newest videos from the people I subscribe to. I don't plan on using it so I hope LMG can find another way to make the money and I hope the best for all the future expansion.

Vessel is dumb.

I'll contribute with Patreon before I subscribe to a new platform. It's much more efficient that way.

Vessel is dumb.

I'll contribute with Patreon before I subscribe to a new platform. It's much more efficient that way.

I am of the same mind set, only I rather donate on the forum then Patreon. $10 a month is not justifiable to me but every 3 months do a month sure.