Vessel sucks, c'mon LMG

Kalevro

I am of the same mind set, only I rather donate on the forum then Patreon.

Ya, either way gets the money directly to he creators instead of of being filtered through another company that takes their share off the top. I contribute monthly to two of my favorite channels via Patreon.

I have no problem with vessel. I don't like that it gets content first, and if I understand correctly, you have to pay to use vessel (unless you signed up and got the free year I guess?)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I have no problem with vessel. I don't like that it gets content first, and if I understand correctly, you have to pay to use vessel (unless you signed up and got the free year I guess?)

I think thats the point of it :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I think thats the point of it :D

Oh.

I like the site itself, the layout is nice, and I like the color scheme.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

ofcourse you will not getting the same experience like youtube, their design is copyrighted btw

there's alot technical stuff that would make vessel like tiny ants compared to youtube, it's probably like jupiter and pluto because I can't think anything better

even vimeo, dailymotion they can't compete with youtube growth rate

bandiwth is cheap nowdays, but the point is, it still not "free" to do.

there's huge cost to for the service, even I will not surprised if they failed, again even youtube it self loss their revenue (if you read the news) they didn't make profit for this year

http://www.wsj.com/articles/viewers-dont-add-up-to-profit-for-youtube-1424897967

and that's why they are considering premium service, they can't generate enough revenue for the service they provide, luckily google own them so we practically didn't feel any bad impact

but for content creator? considering many creator considering other services provider, I guess they get cut.

there's alot companies try to make another youtube, but they failed.

This site vessel sucks, it's disorienting no matter how much they tried to copy the youtube loadout also it feels super bloated- I have to un-zoom my browser window to 67% in order to view what's going on the page normally. I went there because there are some interesting (bait) videos that are a week old and still not uploaded to youtube, tried to watch one but the loading times are so horrible it feels like i'm on  2008 youtube despite the fact that I have 100mbit up "and" down   http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4281638854

My request is to just begin uploading the newer videos also to youtube, i know you're trying different ways to earn more out of your content but my experience with vessel for now is not satisfactory for a PAID platform.

Really? I've got 50 down and 10 up, and it sometimes loads faster than YouTube for some reason. i'm on Comcast though so maybe they forgot to fuck it up for some reason.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Ya, either way gets the money directly to he creators instead of of being filtered through another company that takes their share off the top. I contribute monthly to two of my favorite channels via Patreon.

Actually Patreon take a good size cut too, smaller than YouTube would but still big enough to nice over a few thousand people.

Actually Patreon take a good size cut too, smaller than YouTube would but still big enough to nice over a few thousand people.

That's true. It's still probably the most direct way short of mailing a check.

That's true. It's still probably the most direct way short of mailing a check.

Setting up custom PayPal subscription buttons on the site then they only pay PayPal fees, not credit card fees +Patron fees. Also could add one time donation buttons too. 

Why should they post the videos to YouTube now?  Everything will eventually make it's way to YouTube.  The thing is, without vessel the content that is on there early wouldn't exist that early.  LMG put a lot of time in to get a full week ahead of themselves with videos just to get the vessel stuff up and running.

So no, just use YouTube if you don't like vessel.  I'll be continuing on YouTube until vessel has an Android app and is working a little smoother, then I look forward to watching a whole extra weeks worth of videos one night and then going back to the one a day schedule.

Vessel works fine here. Maybe it's your ISP?

My internet provider is a company started by an EU project for fair competition and control between ISPs, I think that's why we dun have most of the problems with internet here. I pay around 15$ for the internet + tv+ 1 sim card. But idk vessel is always slow for me ?

I don't like vessel as well but I never had any loading problems or scaling issues. everything was working just fine. I'm on a 200 down and 20 up connection if that matters.

I dont care for vessel either, but LMG has to make their money to survive thanks to the new stupid youtube rules so oh well :/

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

It's not really hurting anybody by having the option there.

CPU: I5 4670K @ 4.2GHz CPU COOLER: H100i MOBO: MSI Z97 G45 RAM: 32GB 1866MHz Patriot Viper 3 GPU: EVGA GTX 770 FTW 4GB CASE: Corsair 750D PSU: Thermaltake 750M

I can't stand it.
They put so much effort into the video production quality and then you see nothing from it because of the crappy quality on Vessel.
They should have just used Patreon instead which seems to work great for many other YouTubers.

RTX2070OC 

I can't stand it.

They put so much effort into the video production quality and then you see nothing from it because of the crappy quality on Vessel.

They should have just used Patreon instead which seems to work great for many other YouTubers.

Vessel works like a dream for me. 

I also prefer the Vessel UI over that of Youtube.

Overall I think Vessel is a good idea. CCs get more money, and people who want to pay get videos a week in advance.

After my free trial runs out, I'll gladly pay the subscription fee for Vessel, since a large amount of my favourite You-tubers are on Vessel.

Scouring the interwebs, one page at a time. 

All of the Vessel videos get uploaded to YouTube 7 days later anyway, so realistically it doesn't make any difference whether Vessel exists or not - you will still get the same videos, and you will still get a video every day. It's not like there's any Vessel branding in the videos, so they aren't exactly pushing it either. It simply exists as an alternative revenue stream for LinusMediaGroup, and means that if YouTube spontaneously combusts, they have an alternative location to upload their videos and make money. You're not required to use Vessel, and realistically I don't think LinusMediaGroup even expects you to pay for Vessel.

HTTP/2 203

All of the Vessel videos get uploaded to YouTube 7 days later anyway, so realistically it doesn't make any difference whether Vessel exists or not - you will still get the same videos, and you will still get a video every day. It's not like there's any Vessel branding in the videos, so they aren't exactly pushing it either. It simply exists as an alternative revenue stream for LinusMediaGroup, and means that if YouTube spontaneously combusts, they have an alternative location to upload their videos and make money. You're not required to use Vessel, and realistically I don't think LinusMediaGroup even expects you to pay for Vessel.

I will never pay for Vessel. Even if YouTube explodes.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I will never pay for Vessel. Even if YouTube explodes.

You know that you can use it for free, you just don't get the videos early (and I imagine that it might be more heavily ad supported, but I don't know).

HTTP/2 203

You know that you can use it for free, you just don't get the videos early (and I imagine that it might be more heavily ad supported, but I don't know).

Did not know this. I don't mine ads. Just as long as its not like an ad every minute lol. Thank you.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I can't stand it.

Other smaller youtubers. If it was a one man operation ala TB or MKBHD sure patreon would work. He has multiple employees and is branching out on other business areas. Having a partnership with Vessel (depending on the terms of course but I bet they're good) that allows them to be early in the platform as well as have more freedom to monetize (the entire decision that brought this: youtube wanting to cut out outside sponsors) could pay up.

I mean sure right now it does seems like Linus just bet on a 10000 to 1 shot at being a Vessel pioneer but he could be laughing all the way to the bank in just a few years. Meanwhile he really didn't have little options on youtube seeing how their new policy is specifically designed to kill channels like LTT

-------

Current Rig

-------

I can't stand it.

Have you tried using Vessel in recent days? I did a quality comparison between it and YouTube 1080p, and they are pretty much the same.

The quality was pretty low for the first week or so, but then they changed it.