The New Macbook Reviews are In - and Positive?

Smartphones are referred to as computers at times and they only have one USB port. 

As in, actual computers. Laptops and desktops.

Who'd a thunk it, other people don't just knee jerk hate on Apple products! 

The Macbook of now is the Macbook Air of back then. It made little sense for normal people. Now look at the air, the cheapest point of entry to the Apple ecosystem and a pretty good entry to boot.

Cheapest Mac, is the mini starting at $499.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Man these reviewers must not like plugging stuff into their computer.  The entire concept that you have to use an adapter just to plug in a flash drive is baffling to me.  It won't make any sense until Type-C is more common.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Man these reviewers must not like plugging stuff into their computer.  The entire concept that you have to use an adapter just to plug in a flash drive is baffling to me.  It won't make any sense until Type-C is more common.

Well, their jobs are quite literally just blogging and for that you kind of only need a screen and keyboard. Since they have very limited needs they are okay with very basic computers.

When you look at their entire Macbook lineup, the price and the performance just doesn't make sense. Priced the same as Macbook Pro (2015), and Macbook Air is slightly cheaper with better CPU. 

If Steve Jobs was alive, he would bring Tim Cook to tears in a meeting then fire him. 

And I would be ok with that.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

Smartphones are referred to as computers at times and they only have one USB port. 

Ever heard of something called context ???  

I don't think I like the Macbook, I mean it looks nice but the performance and one port just isn't for me.

Also DAE APPLE IS SHITEEE.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

The fact that there's a single port alone is a huge turnoff. I wouldn't buy this for half its current price. Especially when asus does the same thing with ports and a higher resolution for 300 bucks less. And it's not even a big advancement, it's just a thinner and slower macbook air. Nothing new, the only "innovation" is the lack fo fans and that's only thanks to intel's cpu (which is still painfully slow for a 1.3k laptop).

-edit-

I also like how people are like "but it's first generation, it doesn't count!"... yeah, it DOES count. This is what is being sold, if it sucks, it sucks. You can't judge a product based on what its successor may be. If next year they'll make something better, that will be another product, and to be considered something separate.

"Apple is pushing the industry forward!" that's not a feature of the product. That's speculation, and it's assuming people want to spend 1.3k for an underpowered tablet with a keyboard. And again, it has exactly nothing to do with how good this particular product is.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

"This new MacBook is the future."

I dunno about that, iVerge, I think computers will continue to have more than one fucking USB port even into the future.

or at least I truly hope so...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

it has like a tablet processor and somehow still gets worse battery life than before and i dont like the keyboard it has too little key travel. the only good thing to me is the screen and the track pad 

This new MacBook is the future. All laptops are going to be like this someday.

Yeah no, this can't be the future with such low specs by today's standards.

If Apple wants this to be the "future", send them to the Sun.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

How the hell is "2011 Macbook Air performance" a good thing?

The 2011 Macbook Air had low performance when it was released, and that was 4 years ago. So it's as fast as a 4 year old low-performance computer.

The reviewers are what I expected. It's a very very expensive facebook machine. The lack of performance and ports will limit your usage to simple things like web browsing, but if you only want to do that then I'd say you're much better off with a cheaper computer (since it can do the same things).

Actually its as fast as the MAXED 2011 Macbook Air. You know? The one with an i7? Plus its a Core M running at a damn impressive 5w. It has alot of room for improvement but I do believe this is one hell of a good start. $899 would be an absolutly fantastic price for this but really 1000 would be a great price point as well.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

Well we're all heavy users and enthusiasts here, so it's a ridiculous piece of junk to us, but to your average Apple user who never does anything more demanding than Youtube, it would be great for them.

the verge review is just like the apple watch review...hmmm

"it is the future, it's that good"

even with that extreme thinness they could have put more ports on it. That kind of sacrifice is a disgrace.

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

DSC00385.jpgThe New Macbook - Image from Ars Technica

The Verge

Ars Technica

Interesting...

It does seem to have a decent keyboard, an excellent display, and performance somewhere around the 2011-2012 Macbook Airs. That's the good news. The bad news is the single port is just annoying to live with. 

However, is it just me, or do these reviews sound like the ones for the Apple Watch? A great first generation product, but is a bit slow and expensive. 

The Macbook is going to be the one to change notebook for the next decade. It's lack of ports will be resolved, just like it was resolved on the Macbook Air, and the relatively slow performance will improve, as it did with the Macbook Air. Just like the Apple Watch, it's going to push the industry forward, despite its current compromises. Laptops as a whole will be better off because of the new Macbook. 

Other Reviews:

Opinions?

Who'd a thunk it, other people don't just knee jerk hate on Apple products! 

The Macbook of now is the Macbook Air of back then. It made little sense for normal people. Now look at the air, the cheapest point of entry to the Apple ecosystem and a pretty good entry to boot, a laptop that basically kicked every other PC maker in the ass on how to make a good, small laptop. 

Its Apple first gen, every gen. Don't buy into it unless you really know what you want and are getting into. Otherwise wait for the vastly improved 2nd gen, when shits been ironed out and things make a little more sense. 

Oh well, can't expect rationality. I'm just here for all the "DAE APPLE IS SHITEEE" comments that generally follow such threads.

Of course they're positive.

Reviewers that give Apple bad reviews don't get review units.

I don't hate it, but I couldn't use it. I always need at least two usb ports because I use a logitech g602 at all times, and I need another spare port. If they just had another usb-c and 1-2 full USB then I would be totally fine with this. Right now I have a lenovo yoga 11s (haswell) and I wouldn't really want to go much smaller because of the sacrifices.

GOD DAMN IT, its not apple that makes things like this possible. Think about the more important once like Intel..

Well apple could sell iShit and it would be 'the future'.

So the 2014 Macbook is faster than the 2015 macbook

This is pretty much what I thought when I saw it. To me the price is a bit steep but everything else about it is good. I get that some people will need more than 1 usb port and other companies will make and already make laptops that offer that. For me one port is plenty. I have an ASUS laptop with 4 usb ports, ethernet, HDMI, headphone and mike jack, SD card reader, and a VGA port. Even with its worse keyboard and ~4h battery life, I still usually only use 1 port and that is to plug in the cooling fan I sit it on as it overheats at medium tasks (GT 550m and i7 overwhelm its single fan pretty quick). If I wasn't a broke college student and I needed to replace my laptop I would most likely go for the macbook.

I definitely don't like this particular laptop, since there is only one port. Well, the usb problem could be solve with a hub, but couldn't they just add a DP at least for a display? I know a lot of people who have a laptop, but also have a monitor for when they are at home. Even for projects, you usually want to hook it up to a projector. I really think the price is ridiculous considering this aspect. I think devices need at least a USB port and some sort of display port. They should have made this much cheaper.

Intel graphics wouldn't be where they are if Apple didn't demand Intel to improve them (iris and iris pro). I'm pretty sure Apple's obsession with making thinner devices also played a part in Intel making cpu that have low enough tdp to be used in the air and MacBook.

Edit: This is probably one of the more notable things-

At similar power consumption, Core M is just as fast as any other flagship tablet in basic tasks. I can't imagine how much this will change less than 6 months from now with the new iPad and next year when, inevitably, the next generation of Core M comes out.

uh_meme_by_gumwolf-d5rpqr0.png

How the hell is "2011 Macbook Air performance" a good thing?

The 2011 Macbook Air had low performance when it was released, and that was 4 years ago. So it's as fast as a 4 year old low-performance computer.

The reviewers are what I expected. It's a very very expensive facebook machine. The lack of performance and ports will limit your usage to simple things like web browsing, but if you only want to do that then I'd say you're much better off with a cheaper computer (since it can do the same things).

As my friend said... "Apple computers are like the tabacco industry... Schools are in need of computers, so apple says well supply u with computers. However they run macox, not windows. The school teaches them to use MACOX only, not WINDOWS, because of the software. When those students grow up and need computers, they go out and buy a $5000 Mac, because they don't know how to use windows. Then, they teach their kids how to use macox, which is further taught in school. Circle continues."

A guy at school was like " I game in a Mac" I made fun of him and said ahhhahahaha "u have to game on a mac" he said... "I've always wanted to game on a Mac... The gameplay is great..." I almost castrated him ...

As my friend said... "Apple computers are like the tabacco industry... Schools are in need of computers, so apple says well supply u with computers. However they run macox, not windows. The school teaches them to use MACOX only, not WINDOWS, because of the software. When those students grow up and need computers, they go out and buy a $5000 Mac, because they don't know how to use windows. Then, they teach their kids how to use macox, which is further taught in school. Circle continues."

A guy at school was like " I game in a Mac" I made fun of him and said ahhhahahaha "u have to game on a mac" he said... "I've always wanted to game on a Mac... The gameplay is great..." I almost castrated him ...

Wow. You dont sound like a cynical dick at all.............

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

He sounds like a really close minded person that stereotypes people.

Idk what school you've been to but out of the 1 high school and 4 colleges that I've been to non of them have more than a few macs. The only place that gets macs are media focused classes and in high school that was still a 100% windows based program. One friend gaming on a Mac doesn't mean anything. It means you have 1 friend who games on a Mac. Plus your argument can be turned around saying any computer labs that are funded in part or total by a Windows based company is locking people into their os. There isn't anything wrong will Apple giving away computers to schools. If you don't like it then ask Microsoft or Lenovo or asus for your school's lab.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Apple just paving the path again while others laugh only to walk their road months later. 

Being the first is always going to be rocky (look at the original macbook air for example) but someone has to do the hard work.

I have no idea what your talking about...... :)

He sounds like a really close minded person that stereotypes people.

You and i could castrate him.....

(lets not do it...)

Idk what school you've been to but out of the 1 high school and 4 colleges that I've been to non of them have more than a few macs. The only place that gets macs are media focused classes and in high school that was still a 100% windows based program. One friend gaming on a Mac doesn't mean anything. It means you have 1 friend who games on a Mac. Plus your argument can be turned around saying any computer labs that are funded in part or total by a Windows based company is locking people into their os. There isn't anything wrong will Apple giving away computers to schools. If you don't like it then ask Microsoft or Lenovo or asus for your school's lab.

and where am i gonna get their number?........   Our school literally has... let me count.... 1 macpro per teacher... 10 in the library, 1 ipad per teacher...30 macs in the computer lab.... 30 ling around various rooms... yeah..... approx~20-30-40 teachers at my school ..... yeah....  apple fanschool...

(lets not do it...)

and where am i gonna get their number?........   Our school literally has... let me count.... 1 macpro per teacher... 10 in the library, 1 ipad per teacher...30 macs in the computer lab.... 30 ling around various rooms... yeah..... approx~20-30-40 teachers at my school ..... yeah....  apple fanschool...

Then go castrate him and stop talking about it, kid. 

Not Apple's fault that Apple has better mass pricing for educational and business institutions than whoever else picked up the contract. You do know how public bidding works right? Pick the cheapest bid and then figure the rest out. Apple offering the cheapest bid is pretty astonishing in the world of shitty Acer and Asus entry level laptops. 

Sounds like you're just another kid who has no earthly idea how things actually work. And since you're literally 14, what more can I honestly expect? 

Hah, well they're partially right. Some day almost everything will be wireless, even the charging, and there will be no fans.

But now is not that day. The MBPR is still a much better machine unless your job is a tech blogger.

Woop, it performs worse than the previous Macbook and the Macbook Air (which was only slightly thicker, same battery life, and way more ports.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

(lets not do it...)

You seem to assume that stuff that happens to you dictates whats the norm. You have 1 example to counter my 4. Based just on that extremely crappy sample we can conclude that windows is locking more people into their os than Apple.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)