The New Macbook Reviews are In - and Positive?

Yea but welcome to LTT where if it isn't for gaming, doesn't have good price to performance or doesn't like Gabens nether regions, it isn't worth it.

So just like uber high end GPUs? 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Well you keep asking for DAE APPLE IS SHIIITT comments everywhere I see you, I came here to see the Apple are..... I mean everywhere it seems like you just want those comments to argue with people - being a hypocrite here -.

Arguing is fun, it's what make the world spins.

For me:

Does it do its job ? Yes

Is it overpriced? Somewhat

Would I buy it? No. Surface 3 exists

Some people will say apple is redoing netbook all over again. But in general, apple has been setting a trend in tech world. Expect even thinner, lighter laptop from lenovo, asus and hp

Titan X or GTFO.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Only if they are from Nvidia, then we bitch. If its a high end GPU from AMD, we all drop our pants and have fun. 

Only if they are from Nvidia, then we bitch. If its a high end GPU from AMD, we all drop our pants and have fun. 

...not exactly what I've been seeing... at least not on my part. I feel mentioned because I do often criticize the value of 980s and more recently titan Xs, but the truth is when the r9 lineup launched I was the first to say the 290x didn't make any sense for the price when the 290 existed. Same for the 295x2, 2 290Xs at the price of 3. Now the landscape has changed, and I think amd offers good value across the board (save the 280 which has come closer to a 960 than I'd like). I was also ready to recommend the 970 when it launched at the same price of a 290.

I also don't criticize apple because it's apple. I criticize their products (or most of them) because I think they are bad. Some are bad for the price, some are bad period (for me this one fits in the second cathegory, courtesy of the single port and slow cpu) as well as overpriced. If they released something I consider good value, I'll praise them for it. Hasn't happened recently.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Apple just paving the path again while others laugh only to walk their road months later. 

Being the first is always going to be rocky (look at the original macbook air for example) but someone has to do the hard work.

I'm honestly curious what you think they are paving the way for?  It is what 2 mm thinner than the next thin tablet/laptop hybrid, at the expense of battery life (only gets 5-7 hrs real world usage from various tests at lower brightness settings than Apple tested), only one port that isn't used on anything else yet, forcing you to buy an $80 adapter, that you always have to carry around to use a mouse or any peripheral with.  So is it a tablet? It has bad battery life, is a bit big and bulky for a tablet, and requires an adapter for any connectivity, and you'll have to carry around your power cable, removing the portability of a tablet. Or is it is a  laptop? Still has bad battery life and a funky keyboard and not enough ports to use, again without an adapter.  Maybe I'm just not brainwashed by Apple yet, but I don't see the point in a $1300-$1600 laptop/tablet that can't be used as either one effectively.

I want to see a test of how short the battery lasts with the screen at full brightness like I was using it outdoors, ya know, since it is supposed to be a portable device.  I bet it doesn't get much more than 3 hours usage.

PC: CPU - FX 8350 @4.5 Ghz | GPU - 3x R9 290 @1100 core/1300 memory | Motherboard - Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM - 16 GB Mushkin Redline 1866 Mhz | PSU - Corsair AX 860w | SSD - ADATA SX900 256 GB | HDD - Seagate 3TB 7200RPM | CPU Cooler - Noctua NH D-14 | Case - Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935

Peripherals: Monitor - ASUS VN248H-P IPS | Keyboard - Corsair K70 | Mouse - Corsair M65 | Headphones - ASUS ROG Orion Pro

The deal breaker for me was the Apple logo tbfh.  :D

The deal breaker for me was the Apple logo tbfh.  :D

The logo shouldn't matter when buying something. There are plenty of reasons to hate the new Macbook without having to resort to "it's Apple so it's bad".

The stupidly high price, the pathetic performance and the stupid decision to only have 1 port should be more than enough reasons to not get it.

Has everyone forgotten about the Asus UX305? That thing is both cheaper and thinner than the Macbook, and has actual ports.

Honestly I think this macbook is great , sure its price to performance is steep but I adore the design and it seems super well made, great track pad, keyboard and screen

For me, the lack of ports, is not an issue.. at all

Apple TV for external display

iCloud for external storage/backup

Airdrop - for sending files between computer/iPhone/iPad/Macs

Camera - my cameras has wifi

For a light user, wanting something that is a cut above the rest design/aesthetics/build quality wise, it really hits the mark well

That is how it makes sense to me

Really? Apple to me is almost retro looking, the design is HEAVILY inspired by Braun

braun-or-apple.png

Yeah, you are in the niche market this thing is marketed towards, someone who is so deep into the Apple ecosystem that everything is taken care of. But answer this, when you go oo qto a conference, and need to project your slide show, you are bringing your Apple tv to hook up to the projector? Also, I'm sure even you agree that the price and single port is kind of ridiculous, even though it might not effect you.

- snip-

Has everyone forgotten about the Asus UX305? That thing is both cheaper and thinner than the Macbook, and has actual ports.

What about the Lenovo Yoga 3? They kill Apple's new Macbook in thinness and in ports. All with the same battery life.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

What about the Lenovo Yoga 3? They kill Apple's new Macbook in thinness and in ports. All with the same battery life.

That's a good one too. Even has a better display, 3200x1800 (although really, that res is a bit overkill for Windows right now.)

That's a good one too. Even has a better display, 3200x1800 (although really, that res is a bit overkill for Windows right now.)

Really? I need to find some reviews-I've seen them in stores but I don't know about build quality. If the Yoga 3 has it, then that's another area in which the Macbook will be getting spanked.

Edit: reading this now

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9061/lenovo-yoga-3-pro-review

PMSL

Really? I need to find some reviews-I've seen them in stores but I don't know about build quality. If the Yoga 3 has it, then that's another area in which the Macbook will be getting spanked.

Edit: reading this now

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9061/lenovo-yoga-3-pro-review

Oh, I thought you said Yoga 3 Pro, my bad.

I can't imagine one single reason, why anyone would buy this device, even the most hardcore apple fanboy must think :"They f*cked me in the past with overpriced, not that great hardware, but I'm not going to fall for that piece of ****".

Corsair 900D |ASUS  Maximus V Formula | i7 3770K | 16 GB Dominator Platinum 1600Mhz | Asus GTX 780 |

Intel 520 Series 180Gb SSD | BeQuiet 860W PSU | GPU, CPU, MOBO watercooled with 2x480 rads, 12 BitFenix Spectre Pro total | Acrylic Tubing from Primochill | Icemodz RGB-LEDs | Aquacomputer pump, flow control and fan/liquid control | 27" Dell U2711

Build-Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/88573-the-red-beast-900d-780-liquidcooled-first-build/

Oh, I thought you said Yoga 3 Pro, my bad.

I forgot the specifics of the laptop, but the Yoga 3 pro is the one I've been talking about. Its specs and price are almost literally a big middle finger to Apple.

PMSL

I forgot the specifics of the laptop, but the Yoga 3 pro is the one I've been talking about. Its specs and price are almost literally a big middle finger to Apple.

Ah. Well, they're on the same platform, the Core M. But the Yoga not only has more ports and a higher-resolution screen, it's also more versatile.

You seem to assume that stuff that happens to you dictates whats the norm. You have 1 example to counter my 4. Based just on that extremely crappy sample we can conclude that windows is locking more people into their os than Apple.

just curious, how :)

I can't imagine one single reason, why anyone would buy this device, even the most hardcore apple fanboy must think :"They f*cked me in the past with overpriced, not that great hardware, but I'm not going to fall for that piece of ****".

my point exactly...

Then go castrate him and stop talking about it, kid. 

Not Apple's fault that Apple has better mass pricing for educational and business institutions than whoever else picked up the contract. You do know how public bidding works right? Pick the cheapest bid and then figure the rest out. Apple offering the cheapest bid is pretty astonishing in the world of shitty Acer and Asus entry level laptops. 

Sounds like you're just another kid who has no earthly idea how things actually work. And since you're literally 14, what more can I honestly expect?

my problem is that even though they had windows computers old as poo, they should have kept some, for educational uses. I don't think it's right to just be taught about one type of os, even though u had the systems that could run it. Schools should, teach students how to use cross platform...

One day, I'll be the only person on earth who uses windows....

It's just an expensive chromebook. 

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

I almost bought a 2014 MBA but it has a TN panel, i asked the guy about it, he said a few people have mentioned it and pointed me at the mbp and i was like ok, "ill think about it"

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

snip

I understand that it works for you, and tbh it does most of the stuff that the majority of people would ever want. The biggest issue I have is that they already have the macbook air which does everything better with minor sacrifices. The only downside's are that it it slightly thicker and lower res screen (but I think there are rumors of a retina air). For that you have to sacrifice lots of performance, compatibility, and pay a hefty premium.

just curious, how :)

"As my friend said... "Apple computers are like the tabacco industry... Schools are in need of computers, so apple says well supply u with computers. However they run macox, not windows. The school teaches them to use MACOX only, not WINDOWS, because of the software. When those students grow up and need computers, they go out and buy a $5000 Mac, because they don't know how to use windows. Then, they teach their kids how to use macox, which is further taught in school. Circle continues.""

This.

If Apple is locking people into their os then Microsoft is locking people into their os. I'm criticizing the logic in that statement. Plus there are $5,000 windows based machines too. Get the computer you want and be happy with it.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)