The New Macbook Reviews are In - and Positive?

Yes, I understand that but I still believe you have to give people more then just one connector type, its annoying as Hell to buy tons of adapters. When apple released thunderbolt t did they use thunderbolt as the only port on the macbook air? No because that's stupid.

but in the future we no longer need other cable types, why would you need HDMI when USB C - USB C carries display?

eventually if everything was USB C you would never need to use another cable type ever again!!!

Again I think this laptop is designed for somebody going from an iPad and getting into Macs, its unlikely they are ever going to connect other devices to their mac, except for a wireless mouse I dont think I have connected anything else to my gaming laptop with its millions of ports, I just.. use it as it

I am not saying Apple should continue this trend, and I do agree its stupid, but I am just saying that I don't think it matters

If people want a Macbook with ports they can buy an Air or a Pro, if they want something thin, light and basic, then get the Macbook

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

but in the future we no longer need other cable types, why would you need HDMI when USB C - USB C carries display?

eventually if everything was USB C you would never need to use another cable type ever again!!!

Again I think this laptop is designed for somebody going from an iPad and getting into Macs, its unlikely they are ever going to connect other devices to their mac, except for a wireless mouse I dont think I have connected anything else to my gaming laptop with its millions of ports, I just.. use it as it

I am not saying Apple should continue this trend, and I do agree its stupid, but I am just saying that I don't think it matters

If people want a Macbook with ports they can buy an Air or a Pro, if they want something thin, light and basic, then get the Macbook

Thin, light and basic is what the Air is supposed to be. Apple's design team got their wires crossed when designing the new Macbook.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Thin, light and basic is what the Air is supposed to be. Apple's design team got their wires crossed when designing the new Macbook.

The old "macbook" made no sense really, the air still remains a lighter version of the PRO, the "macbook" is a new product category 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The old "macbook" made no sense really, the air still remains a lighter version of the PRO, the "macbook" is a new product category 

Apple should still have named it a 'Macbook Air' and done a refresh of the current Air design as just a 'Macbook'. What's the point of having the model name 'Air' when its actually not the lightest Macbook?

PMSL

Apple should still have named it a 'Macbook Air' and done a refresh of the current Air design as just a 'Macbook'. What's the point of having the model name 'Air' when its actually not the lightest Macbook?

I agree the naming is stupid, we will have to wait and see what Apple have in mind for future Air and Pro models

Yeah, I agree with you but I just meant for the time being before usb c is superfluous. :)

- snip-

Yeah, I agree with you but I just meant for the time being before usb c is superfluous. :)

Yeah it is, but I am willing to bet money, in a few months it wont be

this whole macbook is superfluous, its a very expensive premium machine designed to do very basic tasks, its basically Apples version of a chromebook  (just running a more useful OS) but charging for quality and Apple aesthetics

Honestly, I can see the appeal for certain users. - it would be PERFECT for my parents

Yeah it is, but I am willing to bet money, in a few months it wont be

this whole macbook is superfluous, its a very expensive premium machine designed to do very basic tasks, its basically Apples version of a chromebook  (just running a more useful OS) but charging for quality and Apple aesthetics

Honestly, I can see the appeal for certain users. - it would be PERFECT for my parents

The Pixel is exceptionally useless in comparison to this. 

At least the MacBook can run all 3 OSs without issue. 

Yeah I never quite got the pixel, BUT again I can see how it would appeal to somebody, if somebody really wants Chrome OS but something more powerful and beautiful

The internet has turned into the wallet police

Who'd a thunk it, other people don't just knee jerk hate on Apple products! 

The Macbook of now is the Macbook Air of back then. It made little sense for normal people. Now look at the air, the cheapest point of entry to the Apple ecosystem and a pretty good entry to boot, a laptop that basically kicked every other PC maker in the ass on how to make a good, small laptop. 

Its Apple first gen, every gen. Don't buy into it unless you really know what you want and are getting into. Otherwise wait for the vastly improved 2nd gen, when shits been ironed out and things make a little more sense. 

Oh well, can't expect rationality. I'm just here for all the "DAE APPLE IS SHITEEE" comments that generally follow such threads. 

Ironic unprovoked knee-jerk Apple hater hating is ironic.

I think this will be like the MacBook Air was in its first generation: mediocre, kinda slow and expensive in its first gen, but improved in later revisions enough to be practical for the average consumer, along with a dropped price.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

Who'd a thunk it, other people don't just knee jerk hate on Apple products!

The Macbook of now is the Macbook Air of back then. It made little sense for normal people. Now look at the air, the cheapest point of entry to the Apple ecosystem and a pretty good entry to boot, a laptop that basically kicked every other PC maker in the ass on how to make a good, small laptop.

Its Apple first gen, every gen. Don't buy into it unless you really know what you want and are getting into. Otherwise wait for the vastly improved 2nd gen, when shits been ironed out and things make a little more sense.

Oh well, can't expect rationality. I'm just here for all the "DAE APPLE IS SHITEEE" comments that generally follow such threads.

Sorry,, but in this instance the hate is not knee jerk. This product is just not so great, especially from an enthusiasts point of view. It is very overpriced, seeing as in terms of general hardware is is very tablet-esque, which, by itself would put many people off, especially because of the steep price. Second, it has an unjustifiably small amount of IO,and has no excuse because thinner laptops have already been made with better IO. There are also probably some smaller reasons, but I'm gonna gloss over those.

Then comes the issue of th name. Apple has abandoned logic for the naming scheme, let me walk you through it. Originally, there was the MacBook, a basic laptop, mid range. Then there was the MacBook Pro, akin to the MacBook but with more horses and geared towards professionals. The there was the air, the ultra portable for users who didn't need the horses and didn't want the MacBook, so they got something small and useful, at a consumer level. So, by logic, this should be the new Air.m with a nice, reasonably priced laptop being the new MacBook. So Apple has abandoned logic, why? Cus MacBook sounds cool

Also, Apple has done some hate worthy things, like often changing the already proprietary chargers. And having, in more recent years, done some pretty stupid things.

Please do not think me an apple hater, I like some of their products (see iPad) and iPhones arent that bad. I am actually typing this on an iPad mini. And I do feel the allure of the design of some of their products, especially the MacBook pro and mac pro. Don't dismiss me as "just another knee jerk hater"

Edit: removed double quote.

- snip-

Apple just paving the path again while others laugh only to walk their road months later. 

Being the first is always going to be rocky (look at the original macbook air for example) but someone has to do the hard work.

Wow, you don't sound like a massive Apple fanboy. The is no new path. This is just another small, light laptop, amongst a fuckton of small, light laptops. And it's not even the smallest or the lightest, and it literally has less IO than my phone. Way to pave a path.

- snip-

Sorry,, but in this instance the hate is not knee jerk. This product is just not so great, especially from an enthusiasts point of view. It is very overpriced, seeing as in terms of general hardware is is very tablet-esque, which, by itself would put many people off, especially because of the steep price. Second, it has an unjustifiably small amount of IO,and has no excuse because thinner laptops have already been made with better IO. There are also probably some smaller reasons, but I'm gonna gloss over those.

Then comes the issue of th name. Apple has abandoned logic for the naming scheme, let me walk you through it. Originally, there was the MacBook, a basic laptop, mid range. Then there was the MacBook Pro, akin to the MacBook but with more horses and geared towards professionals. The there was the air, the ultra portable for users who didn't need the horses and didn't want the MacBook, so they got something small and useful, at a consumer level. So, by logic, this should be the new Air.m with a nice, reasonably priced laptop being the new MacBook. So Apple has abandoned logic, why? Cus MacBook sounds cool

Also, Apple has done some hate worthy things, like often changing the already proprietary chargers. And having, in more recent years, done some pretty stupid things.

Please do not think me an apple hater, I like some of their products (see iPad) and iPhones arent that bad. I am actually typing this on an iPad mini. And I do feel the allure of the design of some of their products, especially the MacBook pro and mac pro. Don't dismiss me as "just another knee jerk hater"

Edit: removed double quote.

Don't forget that most tablets have better I/O as well-and they can be just a thin or thinner with the same performance.

PMSL

And why is that important? I agree chrome OS is awful, but seriously, this is basically a chrome book with a few tweaks, just stop trying to create arguments.

- snip-

And why is that important? I agree chrome OS is awful, but seriously, this is basically a chrome book with a few tweaks, just stop trying to create arguments.

How is that creating an argument? Its a fact. You keep responding, you're the one who wants to stir more shit up. Why not dig deeper into posts I made 6 months ago if you really want to create drama? 

Both the Pixel and Macbook are overpriced for what they ultimately are. The Macbook inherently has more utility since it can run multiple OSs. Someone say, who codes, might find that very useful. 

How is that creating an argument? Its a fact. You keep responding, you're the one who wants to stir more shit up. Why not dig deeper into posts I made 6 months ago if you really want to create drama? 

Both the Pixel and Macbook are overpriced for what they ultimately are. The Macbook inherently has more utility since it can run multiple OSs. Someone say, who codes, might find that very useful. 

True it can be useful, but pretty much any computer and OS can be used for coding, so a Macbook might not be one of the first choices.

PMSL

True it can be useful, but pretty much any computer and OS can be used for coding, so a Macbook might not be one of the first choices.

Some do prefer the environment of OSX. I don't code, so I can't speak to what OSX offers because I've never needed it for that. That's just what I've read.

The MacBook won't make sense toll 18 months from now when it stars at 899-1099 and has another port or two. It's MBA Part 2. The shit the internet gave Apple over that was just as amazing, I would know since I gave them shit about it too. Never Made much sense.

Some do prefer the environment of OSX. I don't code, so I can't speak to what OSX offers because I've never needed it for that. That's just what I've read.

The MacBook won't make sense toll 18 months from now when it stars at 899-1099 and has another port or two. It's MBA Part 2. The shit the internet gave Apple over that was just as amazing, I would know since I gave them shit about it too. Never Made much sense.

As I mentioned before, Apple should have named it the Air and refreshed the current Air as the Macbook (with a retina display). They both would have made sense and Apple wouldn't be getting as much shit-if any.

PMSL

As I mentioned before, Apple should have named it the Air and refreshed the current Air as the Macbook (with a retina display). They both would have made sense and Apple wouldn't be getting as much shit-if any.

The logical thing to do. I don't see the Air itself being updated ever again, to be honest. The MacBook and retina Pros will get the Skylake goodness for sure, but I get the feeling that since ALL the computers are packing Retina displays (barring the Air), the retina branding can be nuked entirely and we go back to MacBook and MacBook Pro with nothing else. Maybe. Who knows. 

The logical thing to do. I don't see the Air itself being updated ever again, to be honest. The MacBook and retina Pros will get the Skylake goodness for sure, but I get the feeling that since ALL the computers are packing Retina displays (barring the Air), the retina branding can be nuked entirely and we go back to MacBook and MacBook Pro with nothing else. Maybe. Who knows. 

This is probably what Apple will do, like what they did to the MacBook line a few years ago (2011?). I can't see the MBA being updated anytime soon either, bar minor incremental CPU processor updates and the like.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

This is probably what Apple will do, like what they did to the MacBook line a few years ago (2011?). I can't see the MBA being updated anytime soon either, bar minor incremental CPU processor updates and the like.

Oh the MacBook line and the now defunct MacBook Pro 13" (non retina) were astonishing. The 13" Pro was truly terrible.

It felt like one of those "oops, we forgot to delete this placeholder" things. Apple, like any other company, can't avoid model bloat no matter how hard they try.

The lines right now have way too much overlap and redundancy. Maybe in a years time they'll clean it up.

I think you are right. Altho I belive the MacBook air will continue to live in its current for for a long time.

Fine, fair enough. I see where you're coming from now.

- snip-

@MrDynamicMan please don't quote me ever again. I lost brain cells.

Yeah, the concept that you could be wrong is shocking.

- snip-