LHC successfully restarted today

.spider.

there are thousands of cosmic ray collisions in our atmosphere everyday that have higher energies than the LHC and considering they haven't created a black hole over the 4.54 billion years it is unlikely the LHC will

Yeah. Everyone's heard of the "god particle", but the "oh-my-god particle" was cosmic radiation. 50 Joules in one particle. Around 50 million times what the protons in the LHC are now going to carry.

assuming the particle was a proton, its speed was only about 1.5 femtometers (quadrillionths of a meter) per second less than the speed of light, translating to a speed of approximately 0.999 999 999 999 999 999 999 9951c. At that speed, in a year-long race between a photon and the particle, the particle would fall behind only 46 nanometers, or 0.15 femtoseconds (1.5×10−16 s); or one centimeter every 220,000 years

If you don't think that's the tightest shit then get out of my face.

after they created one?

Even if they do create a black hole in there (which is physically possible) it would be extremely tiny and almost massless, hence behave like a normal particle, if you will. If all the beam mass was turned into a black hole, IIRC, it would eat up 62 grams per 1000 years or something like that. And most of that would be when it is far away from earth as well, since after they turn the magnets off, it would just escape into fuck-knows-where land

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Even if they do create a black hole in there (which is physically possible) it would be extremely tiny and almost massless, hence behave like a normal particle, if you will. If all the beam mass was turned into a black hole, IIRC, it would eat up 62 grams per 1000 years or something like that. And most of that would be when it is far away from earth as well, since after they turn the magnets off, it would just escape into fuck-knows-where land

i read somewhere also that any microscopic black hole created in the lhc would not even have enough mass to sustain itself for even a few milliseconds.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

since after they turn the magnets off, it would just escape into fuck-knows-where land

I want to see this sentence in a published paper.  When you publish your first paper send me a pm.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

i read somewhere also that any microscopic black hole created in the lhc would not even have enough mass to sustain itself for even a few milliseconds.

Possible. My knowledge of relativity at small scales is not really good. And its midnight, so im not going to bother to calculate if it were to be a stable singularity...

I want to see this sentence in a published paper.  When you publish your first paper send me a pm.

Perhaps it would even go through, with the recent peer review scandals xD

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

I know that is the reason why I said that after they create one, and people are going to read it on their phones while taking a dump, they realize that it is as serious as 2012 was

I really hope tho that they will find a dimension, where I am banging Bonnie Wright.... but hey, at least I can create PCB-s better then my teacher and the girls love it.... yeah it is time to go to bed

I know that is the reason why I said that after they create one, and people are going to read it on their phones while taking a dump, they realize that it is as serious as 2012 was

I really hope tho that they will find a dimension, where I am banging Bonnie Wright.... but hey, at least I can create PCB-s better then my teacher and the girls love it.... yeah it is time to go to bed

You know whats the saddest part? Its not how you imagine it. Yes there are a few more universes in ours (with the 6 additional dimensions, we could have 2 more like ours) but that doesnt mean they are able to support matter even.

You know whats the saddest part? Its not how you imagine it. Yes there are a few more universes in ours (with the 6 additional dimensions, we could have 2 more like ours) but that doesnt mean they are able to support matter even.

So basically we have 2 world like ours consisting of... gravity and energy?

As a 3.5 dimensional human being (3D of space, I get it, time dimension, I try to hold on to it and scream) it just makes me think that if there is a spot somewhere, where the rest of the gravity...is leaking. but then again I am far from getting the basic idea of quantum physics :/

Yeah. Everyone's heard of the "god particle", but the "oh-my-god particle" was cosmic radiation. 50 Joules in one particle. Around 50 million times what the protons in the LHC are now going to carry.

If you don't think that's the tightest shit then get out of my face.

you mean 50 times not 50 million. i was like wtf 50 million times 

So basically we have 2 world like ours consisting of... gravity and energy?

As a 3.5 dimensional human being (3D of space, I get it, time dimension, I try to hold on to it and scream) it just makes me think that if there is a spot somewhere, where the rest of the gravity...is leaking. but then again I am far from getting the basic idea of quantum physics :/

nono. this is still our universe. but we just dont realise there are more dimensions. Imagine a garden hose. from a distance, it looks like a line, but when you come closer (bigger energies) you see that it has a surface too.

So yes, in a way, gravity "leaks" into those dimensions. As do other forces. How they get distributed is above me, as i dont really understand Calabi–Yau manifolds yet. But they do "leak" into them

"The energy of this particle is some 40 million times that of the highest energy protons that have been produced in any terrestrial particle accelerator.."

same source..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oh-My-God_particle

"The energy of this particle is some 40 million times that of the highest energy protons that have been produced in any terrestrial particle accelerator.."

same source..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oh-My-God_particle

to me, this quote is even more awe inspiring

about 20 million times more energetic than the highest energy measured in radiation emitted by an extragalactic object

No, I mean 50 million times. That's why they call it the "oh-my-god particle", because it's absolutely incredible that a single particle could be carrying that much energy.

Wikipedia says 40 million times. Maybe they were using the full expected energy of the LHC, I was using the slightly lower energy quoted in OPs article.

The energy of this particle is some 40 million times that of the highest energy protons that have been produced in any terrestrial particle accelerator.

Ah, good. Brian Cox managed not to leave a baguette in the beam pipe this time.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Ah, good. Brian Cox managed not to leave a baguette in the beam pipe this time.

Id wager it to be Prof. Ed Copeland this time :P

Id wager it to be Prof. Ed Copeland this time :P

I imagine leaving that time capsule/vase thing of his in the pipe would be a tad more catastrophic than a baguette. :o

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

That monitor ring. Holy heck.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just gotta ask the devs to add matter support in the next patch. May have to pay for it through microtransactions though.

The two things I noticed in the video:

1. The amount of fucking bottles of champine or wine I mean damn just open a cellar already.

2. That freaking monitor ring.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

SWAG! now i can fear for my life because a blackhole could consume the earth again!

Won't ever* because they dissipate quicker than they're generated.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

The two things I noticed in the video:

1. The amount of fucking bottles of champine or wine I mean damn just open a cellar already.

2. That freaking monitor ring.

Well they do have a huge underground complex on the Swiss-French border, one has to imagine there's a sweet-ass wine cellar in there somewhere.

You are welcome everyone, I started watching Steins;Gate yesterday. 

The two are clearly related.

(I played the VN 2 years ish ago) 

for some reason i always have this vision of the cern staff moving inside the complex using jetpacks

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

for some reason i always have this vision of the cern staff moving inside the complex using jetpacks

Pfft, quantum teleportation.

Jetpacks are so... Newtonian.

Cheese monger.

Pfft, quantum teleportation.

Jetpacks are so... Newtonian.

Newtonian they may be, but I'm always going to favour transportation methods that don't require your body to be disintegrated at the information level and recreated somewhere else as what is essentially a clone.