NVIDIA Starting To Construct New Head Quarters

GoodBytes

Nvidia has started constructing its new headquarters which will replace the current one which wasn't changes since decades ago.

Currently Nvidia headquarters in Santa Clara, California, looks like this building, but in 4.

Z9sNI.jpg

Image source: http://www.overclock.net/t/958404/nvidia-headquarters-is-beautiful-56k-warning

Bing map view:

nvidiahq.png

It seams to replace the 3 orange roof building next to the current headquarters.

nvidiahq2.png

The new building will look like this:

Phase 1:

article_img.jpg

Phase 2:

fromtheskywebX.jpg

Side view:

STREET_VIEW_FINAL_ADJ_half500.jpg

The new building is still in Silicon Valley, Sata Clara in California, and will be 500,000 square space of prime real estate.

From Bit-Tech.net:

'The design harmonises smart functionality and a shape that connects with and inspires our employees – a triangle, the fundamental building block of computer graphics,' Nvidia co-founder Jen-Hsun Huang wrote of the plan back in February 2013. 'Efficient in every way, the design is thoughtful in its use of space, energy, and environment, and, of course, cost.

'Its vast open floors will facilitate our cross-functional work. The nature of building our products requires experts from multiple disciplines to come together, and this building is designed above all for collaboration,', he added.

A year after its announcement, however, Nvidia put the brakes on the project, deciding instead to lease office space in a building near its existing headquarters. Since then, the company has been silent - until confirming that the project was back on-track in an interview with the Silicon Valley Business Journal this week. 'We are expanding our campus to support our growth businesses,' Nvidia's Hector Marinez told the paper. 'After working hard to optimise each aspect of the building’s design and cost, we are ready to move forward.'

Demolition starts next month.

Here are 2 pictures of the plans

nvidia_elevation.jpg

Nvidia_floorplan.jpg

Source: http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2015/04/02/nvidia-new-headquarters/1

Source 2 (plan pictures): http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/news/2013/02/12/here-is-what-nvidias-new-santa-clara.html?page=all

Source 3: http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2013/02/20/nvidia-to-build-a-new-home-20-years-after-our-founding/

Now i wanna live in Silicon Valley, which is like a 2 hour drive from me.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just something about that building makes me think area 51: maxresdefault.jpg

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I quite like the new design and the old one. Not saying that the buildings may need updating (wiring and general health and safety) 

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

That title though.

I think you meant to say "NVIDIA Starting To Construct New Head Quarters".

@GoodBytes

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

How can they afford this?
With all the 900-series monay? ;)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

They're suing AMD to fund it. :P JK

That title though.

I think you meant to say "NVIDIA Starting To Construct New Head Quarters".

Thanks

Knowing Nvidia, they will somehow manage to make 1/8th of their complex unuseable

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Knowing Nvidia, they will somehow manage to make 1/8th of their complex unuseable

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

double post

Ayy lmao, post so swaggy needed 2 spots.

But seriousl though,

1/8th of the HQ will be filled with slow working people ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Thanks

No Worries! I'll be your personal spelling & grammar Golden Age Moderator. :P JK LOL

Nvidia profits margin for GeForce line isn't much. Nvidia makes most of its money, based on their financial reports, on Tesla GPUs and Quadro's, and maybe soon, cars (I means driving assistance system and dashboard control, etc) with the push they are going with.

Nvidia profits margin for GeForce line isn't much. Nvidia makes most of it's money, based on their financial reports, on Tesla GPUs and Quadro's, and maybe soon, cars (I means driving assistance system and dashboard control, etc) with the push they are going with.

They probably made some money off the Nvidia shield (both the tablet and other device).

Gimped cards are profitable :D

Groomlake Authority

Nvidia profits margin for GeForce line isn't much. Nvidia makes most of it's money, based on their financial reports, on Tesla GPUs and Quadro's, and maybe soon, cars (I means driving assistance system and dashboard control, etc) with the push they are going with.

:D

INTERESTING

Oh Wise One

:P

— J O K I N G —

They probably made some money off the Nvidia shield (both the tablet and other device).

Not really. I mean they made money sure, but nothing significant. IIRC it was one of the least profitable products.

It is really their Tesla. Because not only they are super expensive (way more than Titan's), but usually not 1 is ordered, but rather hundred and even thousands per customers.

Business 2 Business is more profitable for a company than Business 2 Consumers, as Business have millions of dollars, while consumers have at best ~1k on average to spend on a product (see GeForce Titan).

Apple decides to build a new hq, now everyone and their mother is doing the same, how long before Microsoft also gets in the new house hype train?

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Probably really constructing a new HQ because the buildings with orange roofs were killing their vibe. :P

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Apple decides to build a new hq, now everyone and their mother is doing the same, how long before Microsoft also gets in the new house hype train?

Other companies have build HQs before Apple.

I live only 30 minutes away from their Ann Arbor, Michigan office, about a year ago on local news they asked for people to start testing their drive PX system, I could've signed up. It's essentially the self driving car program. I've been meaning to go take a tour, it sounds like nvidia is pretty serious about their automotive business.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

If I had money, I would invest it in building my own supercomputer / data-center in Toronto. Use the ice cold lake water to cool it down in summer, heat homes in winter. Hydro electricity to power it. Doesn't have to be huge. May be use it for remote workstation, or grid computing, or environmental problem solving. People should do more things in Canada. This place is literally empty, free cooling and less competition.

If someone does this, I need my share, 10% of total profit.

Ayy lmao, post so swaggy needed 2 spots.

But seriousl though,

1/8th of the HQ will be filled with slow working people ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

From my experience in the work place, if only 1/8th of the office is doing nothing/working slow youre in good shape.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

Anyone notice a building looking like a GFX card? Like the new place!

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

Now i wanna live in Silicon Valley, which is like a 2 hour drive from me.

Don't do it...They will steal your soul.

From my experience in the work place, if only 1/8th of the office is doing nothing/working slow youre in good shape.

Agreed....1/8th probably makes them the most productive company in the area:P

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Ok i guess they are showing off with that now arent they

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1