Gigabyte dethrone Asus in sales of motherboard

brownninja97

10286819_565796710195484_813336168065614

With lower failure rates, higher warranties and their extreme endurance tests Gigabyte has shown the world that they are gunning for the top podium and what have they done, they have taken it. 

This is according to the preliminary shipment figures and while all motherboard manufactures are expected to not meet their expectations the current estimates put Gigabyte at between 300,000 and 200,000 shipments more. That is only in Q1 of course, this is the first time it has happened and while it is an achievement for Gigabyte and their team it now puts them in the limelight, will they be able to keep that lead as that is no easy feet.

On the other hand how will this effect Asus, it in all likelihood be great for us consumer, it should give asus that ability to realise where they are at fault and where to improve, i could save time for them and tell them to improve everything under £120 and have some modicum of customer support.

The news doesnt end there however as MSI and Asrock still duke it out for that final podium with MSI only slightly edging that victory while there are a number of chicanes left in this year there is still a lot that could happen. Asrock is picking up the pace and they are doing it fast even making boards which force the larger guys to copy it. 

As for ECS and Biostar, no one cares about them.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/44382/gigabyte-passes-asus-becomes-leading-motherboard-vendor/index.html

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20150331PD203.html

This post has been promoted to an article

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I'm running my x68 motherboard from Gigabyte and it has served me well.

Go Gigabyte! :D

P.S My next motherboard will be MSI as yellow is sexy

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Make sure you do your research, some MSI boards are questionable while others are pretty awesome.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Does that mean MPOWER / XPOWER ? If so please keep us updated.

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

Make sure you do your research, some MSI boards are questionable while others are pretty awesome.

I'm planning on their x-power it doesn't have much yellow but i really want a yellow build.

Unless its pink or purple......

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Gigabyte makes awesome, affordable stuff.  I have 3 motherboards by them and I always recommend them.  Way to go Gigabyte.  As for MSI .... ahem LOL

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I'm planning on their x-power it doesn't have much yellow but i really want a yellow build.

Unless its pink or purple......

Ive not kept up to date with boards so im not 100% sure about that board, either way always do research before buying, cons are more important then pros.

Listen if you care.

In your face AsRock irrational haters.

I've only really used AMD Gigabyte boards and have been less than impressed as the UEFI experience was god awful. But those boards are like 4 years old.

Agreed, the gigabyte uefi on amd's side is shocking

In your face AsRock irrational haters.

2 maybe 3 years ago id understand that but now there isnt much reason to hate asrock

Listen if you care.

Agreed there, ASRock has stepped up their game really well during these years, they're making good, affordable,feature packed and good looking motherboards(although the looking is subjective.)

But I think that a purchase should be made by comparing the features and prices, and not looking for a specific brand.

I'm using an ASRock board in my AMD rig, and it's been running OCed(the CPU duh...) the whole time. It's been an year since I got it going.

The only issue that I had with it was with the Killer NIC, but this wasn't ASRock's fault dirrectly.

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

I wont touch Gigabyte after what they did voltage locking 7970's and then marketing them for their coolers ability to support high over-clocks. I bought one right when they launched their 1.2 revision and there was no news until months later. got 65mhz OC and temps were still under 70 underload (with ambient of over 40) this on a card that could easily hit 1.25ghz back when cards were only just getting above 1ghz stock 

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I wont touch Gigabyte after what they did voltage locking 7970's and then marketing them for their coolers ability to support high over-clocks. I bought one right when they launched their 1.2 revision and there was no news until months later. got 65mhz OC and temps were still under 70 underload (with ambient of over 40) this on a card that could easily hit 1.25ghz back when cards were only just getting above 1ghz stock 

so you wouldnt buy a gigabyte motherboard because of a single voltage locked gpu, im used more modern gpus from gigabyte with unlocked voltage.

Listen if you care.

I really hope MSI gets passed up by Asrock. I love my motherboard and after having to deal with MSI's horrible fucking service and slow ass shipping times i will not buy from them until they fix that shit.

Customer service makes or breaks a company for me. 90% of the time you dont have to deal with the company that made your board directly, but if you need to RMA things how they handle your experience can taint the company forever in your mind.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

shame gigabyte boards still look like ass. Asus and MSI win that one with asrock coming in at third there.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

shame gigabyte boards still look like ass. Asus and MSI win that one with asrock coming in at third there.

but your opinion is, dammit

Listen if you care.

A big problem that ASUS has in the U.S and Canada, is that their warranty is absolutely the horrible, like if you bought a 60$ motherboard from an unknown brand. My horrible experience with them is what made me switch to Gigabyte, despite loosing (at the time) on looks and have limited accessories that comes with it. Something I am gladly going to take, especially now that they have nice looking board, if it means better warranty service.

Will still get an ASUS board. Great customer service I got yet and just love the design of they're boards.

A big problem that ASUS has in the U.S and Canada, is that their warranty is absolutely the horrible, like if you bought a 60$ motherboard from an unknown brand. My horrible experience with them is what made me switch to Gigabyte, despite loosing (at the time) on looks and have limited accessories that comes with it. Something I am gladly going to take, especially now that they have nice looking board, if it means better warranty service.

Customer service was the best I had with ASUS. What was wrong with them?

I actually care about ecs, they have some really cheap enterprise stuff,and their customer service is better than others.

I've always had problems with ASUS stuff, but Gigabyte has never let me down. Gigabyte will always be my first choice when it comes to motherboards, next is ASRock.

Glad to see them coming out on top for once!

Short story:

Several hours on the phone waiting. Takes over 1 month to replace your motherboard (which means you have no system during that time), and you get back someone else broken board, complete with heavy dust and scratches around screws, second Ethernet doesn't work, and when you call to complain they say that I did all this. And by the time they admit.. oh look magic, my warranty ended.. no coverage! how nice.

Friend later on (several years later) had the same experience. In his case the board really didn't work, and once again, ASUS denying everything, saying he broke it.

I've ran AMD and Intel Gigabyte boards and never had any problems. The Intel Gigabyte board was going on 7 years and still running great (Core 2 Quad 9550 CPU and 8 GB DDR2 RAM with it). I now have Intel Asus Z-97 Pro board and it has been running great for me, I've only had it about 2 months so far so we'll see how it goes. :)

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

4 counts of bad service from them

they lost my gt 640, i kept on asking how long it would take to rma, take in mind it had been over a month, got it back 2-3months later

also 3 other motherboards each taking over a month to rma

They also tried to make me pay for an rma, it was a doa 

It was annoying because they would force amazon and ariapc to redirect rmas directly to them, its a lot easier to rma via the middle man but noooooo asus have to mess everything up. Im tired of their crap, its bad if its for me, its worse if its for a customer  and my name is on the line.

Listen if you care.