Does IKEA know it is year 2015? /rant

WereCat

/rant

Yesterday my PC chair completely fell apart so after a bit of searching for new chair I decided to pick up IKEA Markus as a lot of people seem to recommend it and all reviews seemed to be positive.

So I went onto IKEA website, registered, added chair into basked and wanted to order it.. but there was no order button and after 15min of searching I still couldnt figure out how to order it from their website. So I called them on phone and they told me that they have NO E-SHOP and that I have to come to the store PERSONALY to buy the chair. After asking them why they allow add items in basket on their website I was told that it is just a shoping list I can create and print and then bring it with me to the store so that I wont forget what to buy... WHAT?!

Here the conversation over phone ended and I was wondering... how the hell are they still in bussines? I mean... if I wanted to go buy that chair personaly I have to drive over 200km to the single IKEA store in my country.. which is ridiculous.

/rant over

Now I have to find some other chair :D

They want you to eat the swedish meatballs.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

/rant

Yesterday my PC chair completely fell apart so after a bit of searching for new chair I decided to pick up IKEA Markus as a lot of people seem to recommend it and all reviews seemed to be positive.

So I went onto IKEA website, registered, added chair into basked and wanted to order it.. but there was no order button and after 15min of searching I still couldnt figure out how to order it from their website. So I called them on phone and they told me that they have NO E-SHOP and that I have to come to the store PERSONALY to buy the chair. After asking them why they allow add items in basket on their website I was told that it is just a shoping list I can create and print and then bring it with me to the store so that I wont forget what to buy... WHAT?!

Here the conversation over phone ended and I was wondering... how the hell are they still in bussines? I mean... if I wanted to go buy that chair personaly I have to drive over 200km to the single IKEA store in my country.. which is ridiculous.

/rant over

Now I have to find some other chair :D

I can tell you in Canada we can order stuff from them, their shipping is astronomically expensive thought from what I recall.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Going to IKEA is like an experience. You go in to get something, but still have to walk the entire path.

I went in last time to get a border for a poster of mine, but stopped by the desks and the  2nd hand area too.

And it would cost quite a bit to send those packages to you I think :P

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

They work that way because shipping singular items is expensive.

Ps. I live within a 30 minute driving distance for two IKEA's. One being the world's largest one.

the reason they dont have an online store, is because ikea grew big from the idea their furniture can be taken home in any car, their whole idea is the go to the store and jam it in the trunk concept.

I can tell you in Canada we can order stuff from them, their shipping is astronomically expensive thought from what I recall.

Yes I saw their shipping.. which brings another thing. They CAN ship you item.. but you have to go to the store personaly. And the shipping would be 150€ to my city if I went there and order it.. and the cahir costs 149€. What?! :D

the reason they dont have an online store, is because ikea grew big from the idea their furniture can be taken home in any car, their whole idea is the go to the store and jam it in the trunk concept.

I get that but there is ONE SINGLE IKEA store in my entire country.. and I have to drive over 200km to get there. I dont even live on the other side of the country... that would be more than 300km then.

Weird, cause in Denmark we can order things online from Ikea.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Ikea builds wireless chargers into some of their stuff, they know what year it is

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Weird, cause in Denmark we can order things online from Ikea.

I guess it doesent apply for each country then.

Ikea builds wireless chargers into some of their stuff, they know what year it is

Yes but I still cant see reason for not having eshop at this day and age, especialy if there is only one store in the country and it is not even in the middle of the country but on the very edge.

I guess it doesent apply for each country then.

Yes but I still cant see reason for not having eshop at this day and age, especialy if there is only one store in the country and it is not even in the middle of the country but on the very edge.

They're a furniture company basically, furniture is waaay to expensive to ship

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

They're a furniture company basically, furniture is waaay to expensive to ship

It is not. I ordered a lot of furniture in past and shipping was no more than 15€ at most from other stores. Usualy 5-10€.

Snipity - Snip - snip

It is quite glorious to have an Ikea and most major international stores available with a simple 22 minute drive South to a city once ignored because of its agricultural and industrial surroundings now considered a place of medicine, arts, etc. Minneapolis the true gem of an otherwise rather boring region.  (I may live in a suburb, and one that needs to really be brought into the 21st century. It is however close to a large city.)

Though could be because. Slovakia. (I'm sure you can tell what I'm trying to get at... Because if not you're slow... Heu heu heu.)

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I appreciate that you can just go to a store as opposed to something like NCIX or Microcenter with no brick and mortar stores. Then again there are tons of Ikeas around where I live so...

System: Thinkpad T460

they make you walk through their store because its set up as a huge psychological assault course on why your life sucks, you're living it wrong and why you need these items in your home to make you a better, happier, more productive person.

Ikea hate rant written while sitting on an ikea Poang chair putting coffee on my lack floating shelf next to me staring at 20 other ikea things in my room

edit: oh god it goes deeper than that. coffee brewed in a french press and water boiled in a kettle bought @ ikea.

I appreciate that you can just go to a store as opposed to something like NCIX or Microcenter with no brick and mortar stores. Then again there are tons of Ikeas around where I live so...

Microcenter has stores. I bought my motherboard and i7 there.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

The thing I hate about IKEA is that they have a flat rate on shipping. Great if you order a whack ton of stuff, bad if all you're trying to do is order a damn desk. There isn't one anywhere near me at all, so my only option is to order from them online. That wouldn't be a problem but they happened to have the exact size desk I wanted and all and I wanted it nice and finished for me. I can't find anywhere else that just has a cheap table with those dimensions, So basically i'm gonna have to make it myself and right now I don't have the time for that. Really pisses me off cause I really wanted to buy me that table when my tax return came in. Now it's all gone and I could have bought something else like a new DJ controller to replace my dying and already garbage VMS 4.1

200KM is better than 355KM for me. It's not possible to go to IKEA and back in a single day for me, so it usually involves booking a hotel room, there's one next to IKEA.

Worst business policy.

When everything else Fails,Crowbar IT. - Half-life

Being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed." - Unix for Dummies, 2nd Edition (Found in the .sig of Rob Riggs) 

I understand the fact that they can't ship shit in your country for expenses or whatever but having the page accessible to you to view the catalog is just fucking retarded: the one case where geolocking would have been useful giving you a "Dear user, we can't sell you anything online because fuck you and your country, that's why" would have been less infuriating than their stupid "print a shopping list!" line

-------

Current Rig

-------