LGBT community

carguy86
7 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Basically I got to claim the $30K I spent on tuition across three years against the income taxes I paid in the years following school.  But I dried up the biggest chunk last year and this year (Unused credits carry over year until used up).

wow lol I can claim the 5.5k I spent on tuition + bus tickets/passes for transportation "to and from" split of course for 2015 and 2016 years. I heard I can also claim a certain amount of tools bought for the course but couldn't find any info about it at all

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Please shave.  I'm very tempted to pay you money if you would.  lol

Funny you say that, I just shaved.

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What disappointed you?    How were you even there long enough to be disappointed?  lol

We did literally nothing. I was there for like 3 hours.

3 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Pretty sure the doing stuff part comes after the first meeting.

woulda been nice to know so I didn't set my expectations too high.

On February 5, 2017 at 6:17 AM, hey_yo_ said:

But...but...Luke... said it looked nice ?

Windows 8 was definitely a mistake in terms of design. It's like a form of technological rape, shoving a touch based UI for PCs with mice and keyboards. When it comes to features, Windows 8 was better than Windows 7. 

I remember when Microsoft finally pushed the stable release of Windows 10 for free, the first bug I noticed is the start menu lag. Clicking through the start menu won't always register the click and sometimes would refuse to click. Good thing that bug is gone. 

What features did 8 have that 7 didn't?

On February 5, 2017 at 6:51 AM, hey_yo_ said:

I read somewhere that the reason why Windows 10 was named Windows 10 is because Windows 9 was causing some applications to crash because those apps think they're being run on a Windows 9x operating system. 

I thought it was because MS wanted desperately to distance themselves from the horror story that was 8.    Like 8 was so bad they skipped over 9 to 10 to further separate the two in consumers minds so they'd actually buy and use 10.  

On February 5, 2017 at 2:42 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

I heard that too, and I don't think we'll ever know the truth, but as ridiculous as it sounds, I also think it's believable.

It's also possible that they just wanted to "end" Windows on number 10 the way Mac OS did.

So they're just going to pull the bs Apple is and keep releasing new versions that are basically either barely meaningful minor tweaks or large enough changes to be called a new OS version but they'll just keep calling it 10 anyway even though we all know it's a lie?  ?

On February 5, 2017 at 4:30 PM, Daring said:

I try.

Trying implies you aren't useless.  Good job.  ?

On February 5, 2017 at 9:37 PM, iamdarkyoshi said:

Eww I hate pop

Get out.  Now.  Go on.  ? 

How dare you not worship our lord and master Coca Cola!  ?

On February 5, 2017 at 9:37 PM, wcreek said:

Pop?

It's called SODA!  ?

5 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

So they're just going to pull the bs Apple is and keep releasing new versions that are basically either barely meaningful minor tweaks or large enough changes to be called a new OS version but they'll just keep calling it 10 anyway even though we all know it's a lie?  ?

It's going to be constant small changes.  I bet if you look back in 10 years you won't recognize it, yet, no single update will feel like much of anything.  It's the best solution imo.  No more shocking, jarring changes, but at the same time, it's not like they're stopping progress by any means.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

20 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

It's called SODA!  ?

No it's POP.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

2 minutes ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Ouch. I got a lot of family in California, but I don't think any live near the dam.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

RAINBOWS!!!

On February 5, 2017 at 9:57 PM, ARikozuM said:

It's only normal. We will all do the same to some degree once we have children. 

I want children.  Just need to get lucky and trip over a future wife first.  ?

On February 6, 2017 at 0:12 AM, ARikozuM said:

I regret reading Twilight (which were good books) and expecting the same from the movies... The horror was real...

I thought the movies were decent except New Moon.  Hated it.  

Never read the books though.    

I did at least read part of The Host.  I forget if I ever finished it.

On February 6, 2017 at 4:58 PM, wrathoftheturkey said:

Nah, his America first isn't exactly Naziism (although the third illustration is still, arguably, somewhat applicable)

Just pointing out how savage this guy was for a children's book writer. 

Those were satirical political drawings I believe.  Certainly not for children.  

On February 6, 2017 at 5:15 PM, AshleyAshes said:

I don't think that you understand the context here, but you're young so get that.  Lemme put this clearly, Trump is 100% all for 'bombing the shit out of America's enemies'.  If anything, Trump's statements indicate greater US military spending and projections of American military power.  His 'America First' is about American trade policies.  On the other hand, the 'America First' movement of the late 1930s and early 1940s was about political isolation.  It was the cowardly movement that left America sitting on it's hands until the Japanese bombed the shit out of them in December 7th, 1941.  Before then, many American's felt that Adolph Hitler was 'Europes Problem' and to not get involved until Germany was forced to declare war on America on December 8th, 1941 (I'll spare you the explanation of the collapse of various treaties.  But yes, America never declared war on Germany, it was the other way around)  This left Europe to be ravaged by the Nazi's while the Allies and Common Wealth spent two years dealing with them without the Americans in the alliance.

In short, the message is 'The America First movement is emboldening the Nazi and Fascist flames that burn over Europe' which as history shows, was absolutely true.  'America First' indirectly but significantly aided Hitler an Mussolini.

Common Wealth?  What's that?

On February 6, 2017 at 6:10 PM, ARikozuM said:

How did this go from an LGBT thread to a politics on Trump thread?

Ask @Zodiark1593 she'll tell you.  lol

On February 6, 2017 at 6:13 PM, Daring said:

This is assuming this thread is ever on-topic.

But it's fun this way don't you think?    It's nice here most of the time. 

On February 6, 2017 at 9:20 PM, Daring said:

The Witcher, while not THE GREATEST games ever made, basically make Skyrim irrelevant. Sorry, Todd.

What's better about The Witcher?

Also, do you mean 1,2, or 3 or some combination of those?

On February 6, 2017 at 9:24 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

idk, other than the graphics and functional physics in the Witcher, I much preferred skyrim ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So no tornado world in Witcher if it goes over 60fps?  lol

On February 6, 2017 at 10:10 PM, deXxterlab97 said:

Hey Canada is not bad...

Who said it was bad?

On February 6, 2017 at 10:10 PM, Daring said:

On the subject of meeting up with SOs, David and I have decided that we're gonna get together around Valentine's day.

Yay!   I needed an awww today.  Awww.  ?

On February 6, 2017 at 10:10 PM, iamdarkyoshi said:

I used to live in a house made in the 1800s, I'm used to spiders and stuff...

I've put a fair bit of thought into this already and discussed it with @Comic_Sans_MS

SPIDERS?!   I HATE SPIDERS!!    Kill them with fire!  ?

On February 6, 2017 at 10:11 PM, AshleyAshes said:

I only date people within the same or adjacent municipalities as me.  I'm weird like that. :V

I'd settle for finding girls who want to date me..  ?

On February 6, 2017 at 10:13 PM, Daring said:

Hey. Before this relationship I'm in right now, I was in one with someone from Wisconsin.

But in retrospect, ending that relationship was a good thing because he was a bit of a dick. Pretty abusive, too, based on what he's told me about how he treats his roommates at college.

Yay Wisconsin!    Boo asshole though..

2 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

f16k.jpeg

You know it's bad when you only recognize a triangle and a yellow car.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Common Wealth?  What's that?

It was then called 'The British Commonwealth' which was Britain and it's colonies.  Though now it's the Commonwealth of Nations with most member states being sovereign but maintaining a loose association.  In short, Germany didn't go to war with England, it went to war with the British Common Wealth, from England to Canada to Australia to India and everyone else.

11 minutes ago, Daring said:

Not enough.

Due to how jpg compression works, in theory, the lowest quality jpg you can make would effectively be identical to simply pixelating the image with an 8x8 grid.

And, I suppose, dramatically dropping the colour depth.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

15 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I just realized that my PC had little issue running Gran Turismo 4: Prologue at an effective 2560x1440.

The problem at hand was my CPU.

These glorious graphics are too much for it 

gsdx_20170212212301.jpg

:P 

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What features did 8 have that 7 didn't?

A lot:

1. Metro/Modern style UI (many including me consider it inferior)
  2. Out of the box mounting of ISO files
  3. Out of the box support for Microsoft Exchange (with W7, you need to get Outlook bundled in Office to access MS Exchange)
  4. Built it AV (Windows Defender)
  5. Windows 8 boots faster than Windows 7
  6. Native support for USB 3
  7. Windows 8 File Explorer offers more functionality than Windows 7's Windows Explorer
  8. Memory management seems better on Windows 8 than Windows 7

and so on...

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I thought it was because MS wanted desperately to distance themselves from the horror story that was 8.    Like 8 was so bad they skipped over 9 to 10 to further separate the two in consumers minds so they'd actually buy and use 10.  

I don't think so. If you disregard the unnatural Metro/Modern UI, Windows 8 was a significant improvement to Windows 7. It doesn't seem to have those performance bugs, error messages, and absurd system requirements Windows Vista and Windows Me had upon launch. The only thing that held back Windows 8 is that they shoved a touchscreen optimized UI to users with mice and keyboards. I feel that Windows 10 is what Windows 8 should have been. I don't know why is it that they named it Windows 10 and skipped 9. That theory you quoted me from is something I found in forums which actually sounds ludicrous. Nonetheless, Windows 10 sounds better than Windows 9.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

@iamdarkyoshi I just want to say take care of yourself and I hope they're not hurting you physically. I really hope they don't but if in case things go haywire, just remember there's DCFS Nevada or 911. If you want to talk to someone, please don't hesitate to ask for help especially to the good folks at The Trevor Project at 1-866-488-7386.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

16 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

A lot:

1. Metro/Modern style UI (many including me consider it inferior)
  2. Out of the box mounting of ISO files
  3. Out of the box support for Microsoft Exchange (with W7, you need to get Outlook bundled in Office to access MS Exchange)
  4. Built it AV (Windows Defender)
  5. Windows 8 boots faster than Windows 7
  6. Native support for USB 3
  7. Windows 8 File Explorer offers more functionality than Windows 7's Windows Explorer
  8. Memory management seems better on Windows 8 than Windows 7

and so on...

Wait, what did they do with USB 3?  I've been using that since 7 without any issues... 

But yeah, the rest of that all seems accurate :) 

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402