LGBT community

carguy86
1 minute ago, Mister2010 said:

i did get a similar thought in my mind ... i hope he is not getting "fixed" 

@iamdarkyoshi you still surviving? 

I mean, he already told stories about not being able to have his bedroom door closed while using any devices, resulting in him locking/security any devices and pushing them into the hallway so that he could close his bedroom door. ...None of this sounds like a healthy thing and if we're at 'Send angry letters to Linus for 'corrupting' my child', shit could escalate far and fast.

1 hour ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

So my dad is so pissed off right now. He thinks the forums and specifically my boyfriend whom I met here have corrupted me and I'm going to die from the path I want to take.

He wants to hand write a letter to linus telling him how the forums are full of sin and evil and have corrupted his child.

Wtf

ur dad is evil

i like trains 🙂

5 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I mean, he already told stories about not being able to have his bedroom door closed while using any devices, resulting in him locking/security any devices and pushing them into the hallway so that he could close his bedroom door. ...None of this sounds like a healthy thing and if we're at 'Send angry letters to Linus for 'corrupting' my child', shit could escalate far and fast.

Yeah, based on what he said it doesn't sound like a healthy parent-child relationship.

Legally, in the United States, when you're of a certain age your parents have to begin reducing your dependence on them and give you more personal freedom. I believe that's around... 18, the legal "you're an adult now" age under federal law. He's 18, so his parents should stop being so controlling. It'd make sense if he were... I dunno, 14 and still easily impressionable, but 18? No.

3 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

yeah ... quite worried about him 

1 minute ago, Implosivetech said:

ur dad is evil

i would say that his dad being evil is a slight understatement 
NOTE: by slight i mean a massive

Shit ... its 3AM for me ... time for bed :/ 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

2 minutes ago, Daring said:

Yeah, based on what he said it doesn't sound like a healthy parent-child relationship.

Legally, in the United States, when you're of a certain age your parents have to begin reducing your dependence on them and give you more personal freedom. I believe that's around... 18, the legal "you're an adult now" age under federal law. He's 18, so his parents should stop being so controlling. It'd make sense if he were... I dunno, 14 and still easily impressionable, but 18? No.

Yeah, but the truth is, well, yes, he's 18 and legally he could walk right out.  He honestly seems SUPER sheltered so without a 'graceful' exit and setting himself up for moving out, just marching out and doesn't seem like something he'd manage very well.  Or maybe he'd just avoid it at all costs and stay under his parent's roof.

He had an 'adult' thread asking for advice on moving out to live on his own and basically abandoned it nearly immediately after people posted some serious and 'real' concerns for one to address when moving out and getting a place of their own.

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

Yeah, but the truth is, well, yes, he's 18 and legally he could walk right out.  He honestly seems SUPER sheltered so without a 'graceful' exit and setting himself up for moving out, just marching out and doesn't seem like something he'd manage very well.  Or maybe he'd just avoid it at all costs and stay under his parent's roof.

He had an 'adult' thread asking for advice on moving out to live on his own and basically abandoned it nearly immediately after people posted some serious and 'real' concerns for one to address when moving out and getting a place of their own.

Yeah, it's... not a good situation to be in.

there is a girl at my school who doesnt want to come out. her parents are so strict, that if she is sick when she is meant to go to church, her parents will say that she will go to hell for it. im scared for her

i like trains 🙂

2 minutes ago, Daring said:

Yeah, it's... not a good situation to be in.

agreed

(also, ur almost to 2,500 posts)

i like trains 🙂

Well, a lot of you are younger, but lemme tell ya'll, things really do change in actual adulthood.  I have a job, I make more than a livable income, I'm the eccentric me that I want to be, because I pay the bills so I get to put anime posters and Hello Kitty vinyl decals on my bedroom wall or spend $180 CAD on a hoodie with fuzzy cat ears that I wear to work year round.  And I get to do all this while working with a range of eccentric and nerdy people at my job. :)

The high school years are weird and screwed up but actual adulthood is an entirely different paradigm with a lot of liberties.  ...Unless you decide to fuck it up and conform to the expectations of others.  Lots of stories of closet cases who get into heterosexual relationships, even produce kids, and basically live a conflict weird lie to make everyone else happy until it all explodes and everybody gets hurt.

1 minute ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Yeesh. Half the people I know are blatantly gay, I don't think I've ever known of someone being afraid to come out. Some people are sick bastards

i know

i like trains 🙂

13 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Well, a lot of you are younger, but lemme tell ya'll, things really do change in actual adulthood.  I have a job, I make more than a livable income, I'm the eccentric me that I want to be, because I pay the bills so I get to put anime posters and Hello Kitty vinyl decals on my bedroom wall or spend $180 CAD on a hoodie with fuzzy cat ears that I wear to work year round.  And I get to do all this while working with a range of eccentric and nerdy people at my job. :)

The high school years are weird and screwed up but actual adulthood is an entirely different paradigm with a lot of liberties.  ...Unless you decide to fuck it up and conform to the expectations of others.  Lots of stories of closet cases who get into heterosexual relationships, even produce kids, and basically live a conflict weird lie to make everyone else happy until it all explodes and everybody gets hurt.

When I was a little boy, I used to think that being an adult = everything is awesome and I get a job in the field I want upon graduating college and whatnot.

Hasn't been the case yet so far, but I'm hoping to get an entry-level job after I graduate college. Minimum wage in Massachusetts is $11/hour so that's cool I guess, but I'm not planning on working an entry-level, minimum wage job longer than I have to.

8 minutes ago, Daring said:

When I was a little boy, I used to think that being an adult = everything is awesome and I get a job in the field I want upon graduating college and whatnot.

Hasn't been the case yet so far, but I'm hoping to get an entry-level job after I graduate college. Minimum wage in Massachusetts is $11/hour so that's cool I guess, but I'm not planning on working an entry-level, minimum wage job longer than I have to.

I will take being more concerned about compound interest or maximizing my tax return over the concerns of high school drama ANY DAY.  All the 'big things' from being young just seem so trivial and dumb in retrospect, but at that age, they seem like the biggest things in the world to you. @_@

7 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I will take being more concerned about compound interest or maximizing my tax return over the concerns of high school drama ANY DAY.  All the 'big things' from being young just seem so trivial and dumb in retrospect, but at that age, they seem like the biggest things in the world to you. @_@

I will admit I had some power fantasies when I was young. Like being a millionaire. Nowadays I just want to make a modest living.

My sister was crazier as far as power fantasies go, though. I recall her saying she wanted a job that made her a million dollars per hour xD Like that's even remotely feasible.

21 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

DAMNIT... you just reminded me I need to get started on mine... :( At least I know i'm making money on it this year :P

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

1 minute ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

DAMNIT... you just reminded me I need to get started on mine... :( At least I know i'm making money on it this year :P

About $2450 for me this year.  Not as big as the $5600 refund I got last year but I had a tonne of tuition credits last year and this year I'm using up the last of them. :( 

3 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

About $2450 for me this year.  Not as big as the $5600 refund I got last year but I had a tonne of tuition credits last year and this year I'm using up the last of them. :( 

DAMN! Nice! Last year I got $170 back but thats cause they only let me get the money I spent for transport to and from back in cash and everything else (school credit) went to what little taxes I would have had to pay. Still confused on some of the tax credit stuff though so I really need to read up more on it :P 

I just wish I could find something I could actually be interested in that I would want to do for a job xD

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

how to be not depressed?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Wow this thread has grown quite considerably :)

20 minutes ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

DAMN! Nice! Last year I got $170 back but thats cause they only let me get the money I spent for transport to and from back in cash and everything else (school credit) went to what little taxes I would have had to pay. Still confused on some of the tax credit stuff though so I really need to read up more on it :P 

I just wish I could find something I could actually be interested in that I would want to do for a job xD

Basically I got to claim the $30K I spent on tuition across three years against the income taxes I paid in the years following school.  But I dried up the biggest chunk last year and this year (Unused credits carry over year until used up).

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

I'm 18 since November and I honestly can tell that I'm happy for dropping out of normal HS to go my own way with a long distance school thing...  Cause I don't get bullied, I don't have to deal with fucked up teachers or in my case it was a principal. I also got a job... It is just for 2 months... But at least I dont feel like a useless pile of trash while I work 

The living a conflict, i have lived in denial all my life... And i sometimes can't even tell if I'm actually a girl or a guy... I do mostly feel like a girl tho 

I have a ton of depressive crap on my mind daily and I sometimes need some place to vent it out... Sorry 

Also I can't sleep... Any help would be nice

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

On February 4, 2017 at 11:12 AM, AshleyAshes said:

Will the Asus F1A75-M that I bought on eBay from China for $55 USD work great?  Who knows.  But my Gigabyte A75-D3H failed over two years ago, baking it in the oven did get it POSTing again but a DIMM slot and the Ethernet port died in the process, so I think it's best to replace it.  Adventures in eBay. :o

Wouldn't that be misadventures in baking?  ? lol

On February 4, 2017 at 3:47 PM, MrDynamicMan said:

Trust me: I don't want to stand with a  camera for two hour watching my friend fingerblastong his girlfriend. There are many, many, many other places I would rather be. And many of them are preferable to the room next door. 

Edit: pro tip: when your friends around don't spend the entire night fucking your gf/bf. It leaves for a poor taste in mouth, including the uninvolved parties. 

Anyone who has sex with their gf while leaving you sitting there knowing (I assume hearing too) what they are doing is not your friend.  

On February 4, 2017 at 4:03 PM, Daring said:

It me.

kGXbGLK.jpg

Please shave.  I'm very tempted to pay you money if you would.  lol

Also please don't take this the wrong way but you look like an IT guy who's seen some things and the scars on your face tell a story of support incidents gone horribly wrong.

Someone should write a book about you based on that.  

On February 4, 2017 at 4:30 PM, hey_yo_ said:

Just happened:

My mother found out about my stast of books that are contrary to the Christian faith. She just asked me why am I reading The God Delusion and The Moral Landscape and other books. All I said it was nothing and that I'm curious. Oops. ?

Red alert!    You should really keep that locked up so nosy people can't find it.  

Thats is what I do with all my anime.  Then my idiot brother has no choice but to respect me telling him to keep his damn hands off my stuff.  ?

On February 4, 2017 at 6:51 PM, Daring said:

More on my one experience with the Boy Scouts SNE:

Back in the late '90s, I admired and wanted to join the Boy Scouts. I thought they were cool, and me, being a little autistic shithead, wanted to be cool too. In 2001, I was finally able to join the Boy Scouts. First day, I and a buncha other boys stood around for 30 or so minutes while this guy delivered a speech about something, and after that I was like "Naw." and left the Boy Scouts. The disappointment was real.

What disappointed you?    How were you even there long enough to be disappointed?  lol

On February 4, 2017 at 7:02 PM, Daring said:

I thought we'd go scouting around the forest and help out the community, not stand around and do nothing while someone else speaks ;w; That's what all the recruiting material told me!

Pretty sure the doing stuff part comes after the first meeting.  

On February 4, 2017 at 7:04 PM, Clanscorpia said:

Modern scouting is pretty bad in most groups. The amount of kids who dont give a shit has risen exponentially. Last year we did a ton of outdoor stuff and this year we cant because of kids who are to weak to go outside.

Too weak?  Wtf?  lol