For those of you who were asking (actually no one might have asked but w/e), you could shut off these lights when your computer turns off by killing power to the usb ports. The bios setting would be somewhere in the APM configuration and then look to enable something called "EuP/ErP". This basically kills anything over 1w in a powered-down state, in an effort to be more energy conscious/tree-hugger. Seems to be EU consortium related. Apparently available on Gigabyte and Asrock mobo's. Again as said in the video, you could just turn off the psu but some psu's don't have physical on/off switches. However, this also kills wake-on-lan and anything else except for the case power button to power on the system again.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Pretty cool! 

Gonna get the blue version of this. 

The only time incorrectly is spelled incorrectly is when it is spelled incorrectly.

Love this video. Please do more case mod/ system mod videos. Whole room watercooling was cool but inaccessible to pretty much everyone. Simple things like this to change lighting. Maybe put together a list of best practices for clean cable management. Help us pc geeks have better looking systems.

Love this video. Please do more case mod/ system mod videos. Whole room watercooling was cool but inaccessible to pretty much everyone. Simple things like this to change lighting. Maybe put together a list of best practices for clean cable management. Help us pc geeks have better looking systems.

I like the idea of you guys doing more informal DIY style videos, but this particular one is honestly pretty terrible. The actual "DIY" portion was just "buy an LED strip, stick it to your case." I try not to get upset when videos fill up with ad spots, but this one was bad. Even the the actual "content" was basically just a plug for stuff that we can buy through your affiliate link. If you're going to do more of these, I suggest either:

A. Do something a little more in-depth/intimidating. Maybe something with soldering, or at least something where there's some amount of planning involved.

B. Do more plugs for nifty gadgets, but do like 3 or 4 different "mini-projects" in one video. That way the end result is more like the Handy Tech series, but with real-world examples of how you might use the handy tech.

I would honestly lean toward option B, because option A is more for the enthusiasts, which the channel caters to enough already. Also, option B still let's you fill up a video with plugs for affiliates/sponsors, which is always good.

I like the idea of you guys doing more informal DIY style videos, but this particular one is honestly pretty terrible. The actual "DIY" portion was just "buy an LED strip, stick it to your case." I try not to get upset when videos fill up with ad spots, but this one was bad. Even the the actual "content" was basically just a plug for stuff that we can buy through your affiliate link. If you're going to do more of these, I suggest either:

A. Do something a little more in-depth/intimidating. Maybe something with soldering, or at least something where there's some amount of planning involved.

B. Do more plugs for nifty gadgets, but do like 3 or 4 different "mini-projects" in one video. That way the end result is more like the Handy Tech series, but with real-world examples of how you might use the handy tech.

I would honestly lean toward option B, because option A is more for the enthusiasts, which the channel caters to enough already. Also, option B still let's you fill up a video with plugs for affiliates/sponsors, which is always good.

I like B

I freaking love this kind of videos. I love the usual style when u r in front of the desk talking, but when u do this things I love 'em too.

I decorated my case with two LED strips i picked up for 3,5€ each on Amazon. One Red and one Blue.

The glue strip is so terrible, that I just cut very long strips of double sided tape to fix it. Now it seems like it will stick in there forever and longer, but at least it's not constantly falling off.

Ad victoriam ex machina non sibi sed patriae

I love this idea. Hey I just signed up and hope this is the right place for this but I was looking for a good explanation on all the different options for acheving optinam fan control and ony found a pair of videos on LinusTechTips about this. Perhaps you guys could make a video in Techquickie explaining all options for fan control? I'm sure this would enlighten many people such as myself! :D

So lets just say I wanted to run this strip across the bottom of my monitors(I have two, soon three) Do you think it would be to bright and distracting or would it help to see my keyboard and stuff better with the room lights off?

Just wondering and thanks for reading!

ha, that was a sloppy quickshot of a mod...

8hF4j2R.jpg

...but i really like the format; please continue ! ^^

p.s.

nice to see the Kershaw Funxion EMT, a reasonable priced addition to the always helpful Spyderco HoneyBee

This is an alpha...this is not a beta. Yeah...and we're running it on production ! [LinusTech & SlickPC]   ~    More Power Than All the Computers in 1999! [Our Servers ^^]

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1DJequs

Amazon: http://geni.us/3Gel

Have you ever wished you could see what the heck you were doing when trying to plug something into the rear IO on your PC? Here is our solution!

BYE A NZXT CASE PEOPLE!

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

An on/off switch would make it even better. (Unless I missed something.)

Great idea!

You might say its brilliant! ;)

(Seriously 6 pages and no one made that pun?? :P)

And yes love these videos!

EDIT: Also with something like this you wouldn't have to turn the PSU off.

Any video from LTT is a good video. I like the raw feeling about this particular video, though. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, not something I would have thought about unless I knew about it. I have had to completely pull my PC out of the enclosure and grab a flashlight to see what I was doing.

"You wouldn't worry so much what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do" -Eleanor Roosevelt 

Got my order in, I'm probably going to drill a hole in my case for the USB cord to go in.

Very cool..... never thought of anything like that before... I always search for my flashlight

ack, lag..... not sure what happened there... I even checked to see if I posted before I made the second post

this is not what i expected, i misread the title as "Dear Illuminated One".... oh well

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

What tube is Linus using for his watercooling setup? It seems so nice and flexible lol. My PrimoFlex Advanced LRT is hardly that flexible. 

love this style of video.. probably gonna be doing something like this soon... been thinking about doing a full custom one cause I didn't know there was premade 5V led strips on amazon... lawl.. (don't hate I haven't spent much time looking.. just pondering the idea in my head)...