The more DIYs, the better.

Though, frankly, the vlog style doesn't really float my boat.

Definitely looking forward to the hardline build mentioned in this vid.

When you flirt with Death, you run the risk that Death has something more serious in mind.

CCIE #4206

Great idea. And the PC gets a cool back glow. Keep coming this DIY. 

Sweet idea; I'll probably look at a solution like this (w/ 12 volt of course) for some glow lighting inside instead of I/O though. Like the format, this was a good one for my daily dose.

Really like this old style of video. Though I do agree with what you said on LTT, that the more professional videos probably brought in more subs, I think that a video like this (as you can see from the other comments) is well accepted and even sought out.

Update, looks like this one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R14XSUW/

For a couple dollars more this one has a lot more led's: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R5NYB50/

Here's a blue one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R183E7A/

EDIT: ohhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, dat 1 seller rating doe: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main/ref=olp_merch_rating_18&seller=A13LDDPM8Y6IZV

Nice! B-but, that's the murican link. Linus is in Canada! Like myself!

Nice! B-but, that's the murican link. Linus is in Canada! Like myself!

So in canada that's like...$30 shipped right.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Cool! I'll add this to my next build. I wonder if i could spruce up some other stuff. And maybe get the strip in a certain color?

It's an awesome solution to a problem that shouldn't have existed in the first place lol. Awesome job guys, I like the behind the scenes 'here's an idea you can try at home'  format it mixes it up a bit. Can't wait for the solid pipe water cooling.

I feel that the video was a tad bit slower than I'd like. It's nice to have variety in the format, and I liked it, but still.... could have been a bit faster.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

I may have to do that on my next case. This one is not worth the effort.

Blarg

Changing things frequently is what front IO is for so I don't see why my rig would need this.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Nice mod esp because it's easy ,cheap and is massively useful.

Format is good too!!!

I would like to see more videos on simple mods, even if they are simply aesthetic ones.

Cpu : AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (3.8Ghz), Motherboard : Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM : 8GB DDR4 2933 Team (Vulkan) memory, GPU : MSI GTX 980 4GB Case : Antec P50, Storage : 120GB Samsung SSD, 3TB WD Blue, PSU : 530w Thermaltake SPS-530MPC, Cooling : Artic freezer Pro 7, OS : Windows 10. 

I like this little DIY old style format! Also I would go do this right now if my main problem wasn't getting to the back of the computer, lights wont really help with that one :P

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

I'm just curious to know what the best type of adhesive would be in this situation. As he even said in the video, the stuff they put on the back of the strip really doesn't work that well in the given application.

Screenaninator: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 Nitro

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8300

Stickaminator: 16GB Crucial Vengance DDR3

Powermathingy: Corsair RM850i

attachamajiggy: Asus M5A97 R2.0 f

Remembrerthing: 240 GB Crucial SSD, 2TB Toshiba HDD

More of this stuff please. It would be cool if you could do a guide on basic case modding. A lot of people would like that.

Awesome video, I'd love to see more of these affordable DIY's!!

+1

I like this format because we get to see it happen "live". It reminds me of the videos that were made years ago with non mounted cameras. Either way, these videos are great.

linus i like this idea and I want to try it but i don't have external water cooling gromits so what would I feed the USB through?

I was over the moon to see the YouTube play button I made on Linus' desk. :D

I really enjoyed this video. It was a quick and very effective solution to a problem we can all relate too. I love those USB powered L.E.D strips, I use them in my woodworking projects too.

post-115911-0-88210300-1427046155.png

Was a nice change to the norm and I'm sure will be handy for a lot of people 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KAE3F58/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AYY3UP8OL9FV8

Would the LEDs work if I hooked the LEDs up to something like this so I could control when I wanted the LEDs on or off? I have my computer in my room so the light would be really annoying if I just had it on all the time.

PC Specs

PC Specs - CPU: Intel Core i7 3970X @ 3.5 GHz CPU Cooler: Swiftech H240-X Graphics Card: x2 NVidia Geforce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked Editions Watercooled by Corsair HG10 N780s w/ Corsair H90s Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD w/ 1TB WD Blue HDD 7200 RPM HDD  RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79  PSU: NZXT HALE90 V2 NP-1GM-1200A 1200W Audio: Mayflower Electronics Objective2 Bamboo Amplifier w/ Mayflower Electronics ODAC & Mayflower Electronics Modified Fostex T50RP Headphones V3 w/ Antlion Mod Mic Case: Fractal Design Define R5 OS: Windows 7 Professional Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Optical w/ Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Pad Keyboard: Camo Filco Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless  w/ Cherry MX Black switches w/ Custom Keycaps Monitor: Asus ROG Swift 27" 1440p 1ms response time 144hz + 2 other monitors