Poor Nick, Linus has him working as slave-labour over the weekend... Well now when he's away on vacation, chaos ensues or maybe Linus is the source of the chaos as seen with the excellent WAN-shows when he's out of the house :) 

This is a really good format for non-review/informal videos (but then again everything is informal at LTT...)

Please make more DIY project videos like this one. they will be useful when i finally get a desktop lol

This format is very good. I'd like to see more DIY stuff too. I remember, when I just started watching your videos like 3-4 years ago, back when you used to unbox stuff at the parking lot I didn't even know what CPU socket was. I've learned so much from you and DIY is a great way to share some knowledge.

Having my whole desk backlighted with LEDs while the system is on :D

But having glowing watercooling pipes should be even more dope... Add something to the water that it's glowing under black- or UV-light :D

You are allowed to have animated avatars on LTT, but - try to have images like "userbars" in the signature - no chance...

Excels last cell is XFD1048576 and once was IV65536.

(if you want to have the most effective mousepad - use a colored matte floor tile)

I had some 5V USB strips laying around so I tried it out and I love it. But mine is also not that sticky, so I added another two sided adhesive tape.

Thanks for the great idea

post-199281-0-39379700-1427022287_thumb.

What top notch jokes. :lol:

Nice video! I want to get some LEDs but I have no more USB ports in the back, will have to look into that USB header thing.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Can you link to the exact one Linus used?

The first one on the amazon link has a usb port.

wouldn't it be claener to stick the LED's to the underside of the I/O? This way you don't have the screws the bother and a really flat surface to mount the LED's on.

i do like this format a lot!

The first one on the amazon link has a usb port.

it's a cord not a flat strip. Least the one I get

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Can you link to the exact one Linus used?

I expect it's the second one down on the Amazon page.

Do you guys know my braaaaaaaain!?  

Every single upload is awesome 

Edit 

It was great but maybe a option that more widely available  

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

ok, I get that its an easy solution for average joe, and its great to see the old style back once in a while,

but seriously, for you guys its just pathetic, you could have easily run it down the bottom of the rear io, cable managed it 10x better and done some custom wiring..... this seems like you were just desperate for an upload....

at least in the old style video's things were done properly!

I like the format, it reminds me of the olden days of Chest Mounted CameraTM. For this kind of videos it's perfect, and I'm sure it reduces the time needed for all the pre-production (like writing a script) or doing retakes.

Cool Idea nice format more please 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

I like this style of video and would like to see more like it! Keep up the good work! :D

I posted this as a YouTube comment also but might as well put it here:

Hey Linus, If you know me on the forum (probably dont) you know that I have a bit of an LED Fetish... Anyway, I recommend that you use a small strip of hot glue instead of the adhesive on those strips, the strips that you find for really cheap on Amazon/ebay don't use real 3M Adhesive and it won't stick for long, also, make sure to check on those LED's periodically because they can short out (i speak from experience).

Nice video!

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

This kind-of has the same not fully thought out problem as the NZXT i/o lights on like the P630 where the light is on at power up and can't be turned off unless you shut down the PC. I have been through two sets of LEDs because they burn out way too fast, maybe it is from being on all the time or just cheap LEDs idk. I know the newer NZXT cases has fixed this in where you can turn off the lights and put them on as you wish.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Definitely would like to see more DYI's from you. Good video!

I did it the easy way and brought one of these of ebay LINK & used adhesive to stick it in place, only cost £3 

Motherboard - AsRock Z87 EXTREME4 CPU - Intel core i7 4770k Oc 4.4ghz GPU - Sapphire R9 290 Tri-x RAM - Corsair LP Vengange 8Gb CPU Cooler - Swiftech H220 PSU - Coolmaster V650S SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 250gb HDD - Seagate Barracuda 2Tb Case - Fractal Design R4 Black Windowed

I really liked this video. It reminded me of the older LinusTechTips videos. It would be cool to get more DIY videos as well.