What thermal paste should I buy?

Also could someone link me to a videos on how to remove and apply thermal paste please

thanks for your help

Noctua NT-H1

You're welcome

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen

IC Diamond

Not Noctua. People say it's the best but it's not.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Also could someone link me to a videos on how to remove and apply thermal paste please

thanks for your help

Arctic Silver 5

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835100007

I use this personally and have seen a 4C difference between that and h100i stock.

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

Pretty much any thermal paste works, But a higher grade is still recommended, Im using some "industrial grade" Amasan T12

post-58487-0-79990700-1421582971.jpg

Here is some benchmarks for the thermal paste
http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=71658

post-58487-0-79990700-1421582971.jpg

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Just pick one. 90something% of them are the same, all within a few degrees of one another.

Hell, toothpaste actually works, the only thing that doesn't work is chocolate, which is somehow worse than using no thermal paste at all.

(oh, and mayonnaise.)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

MX-4

NH-T1 and IC diamond are good too

dont get AS5, its really old and not worth it

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Noctua NT-H1

You're welcome

Also what I use and my temps are fine. Plus it's easy to install.

Noctua NT-H1

You're welcome

That is a good thermal paste but is not the best. The best one you can buy, which is not a liquid metal one is MX-4. Arctic Silver 5 is also a mediocre paste at best, I wouldn't use even if someone gave it to me for free. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

That is a good thermal paste but is not the best. The best one you can buy, which is not a liquid metal one is MX-4. Arctic Silver 5 is also a mediocre paste at best, I wouldn't use even if someone gave it to me for free. 

Is this what your posting about: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186038

Yes, exactly! :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Arctic Silver 5

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835100007

I use this personally and have seen a 4C difference between that and h100i stock.

Used Arctic Silver 5 on my old laptop just recently for a 5C drop.

EDIT: Should add that the above was replacing the old factory paste that was dried up AND that any new quality thermal compound would of probably netted me a similar drop in temp.

Arctic MX-4. I have like a few tubes of those lying around.

But really, pretty much all thermal compounds will do. The temperature difference is really tiny.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

Arctic Silver or Arctic for value, Noctua of you're overclocking, and liquid metal for extreme cooling

Using Tapatalk

If your temps are low, it does not matter much what you use.

BUT, IC Diamond is top-ranked in thermal pastes if applied correctly, and can last many years without needing a repaste unless your heatsink is quite warped.

If you're chasing the best of the best of non-conductive pastes, ICD is definitely one of them.

If you want THE best thermal paste, then liquid metal is the way to go.

Please note, the higher your highest temperatures are, the more thermal paste differences become apparent (aka, if you're maxing at 67 degrees, the deviation could be 3-4 degrees at most. If you're maxing at 90 degrees, deviation could be as high as 10 degrees between pastes; especially liquid metal ones and non-liquid metal ones)

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

I've heard that IC Diamond paste actually scratches your hardware because of the diamond content. Is it true?

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

I've heard that IC Diamond paste actually scratches your hardware because of the diamond content. Is it true?

No.

That's like saying Vaccines are bad because of Mercury.

I'm fairly sure the diamond particles are much smaller than those in lapping paste; even if not, it's not like you are actively trying to polish the lid of your cpu or cooler with it.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

NUTELLA

Arctic Silver 5 is my recommendation. 

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

No.

That's like saying Vaccines are bad because of Mercury.

I'm fairly sure the diamond particles are much smaller than those in lapping paste; even if not, it's not like you are actively trying to polish the lid of your cpu or cooler with it.

I dunno man, I wanted to get ICD but when I saw what they did to CPUs I changed over to the MX-4.

ic7.jpg

But if they say that it's the best thermal compound, then maybe it it. I should get it next time my MX-4 runs out. But the shipping is gonna be crazy.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

I personally think performance wise artic silver 5 < mx-4/mx-2 < IC diamond

...but I can't use IC diamond on certain things so i just stick with MX-4 or MX-2

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

Untrue if you actually follow their instructions on removing it. Most people stupidly ignore the instructions on removal (soak in alcohol or solvent like Arcticlean for a while then wipe off) and simply use alcohol-soaked cotton or wipes. The substance scratches because it has crushed diamonds in it and if you rub the hard substance around, it'll scratch the metal.

As long as you soak it and wipe off, AND IF ANY IS LEFT, RE-SOAK THEN WIPE OFF AGAIN, you will never experience scratching with ICD.

Staining of the heatsink however, can happen. But it does not do anything to its ability to cool, apparently.

I dunno man, I wanted to get ICD but when I saw what they did to CPUs I changed over to the MX-4.

Read above.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Untrue if you actually follow their instructions on removing it. Most people stupidly ignore the instructions on removal (soak in alcohol or solvent like Arcticlean for a while then wipe off) and simply use alcohol-soaked cotton or wipes. The substance scratches because it has crushed diamonds in it and if you rub the hard substance around, it'll scratch the metal.

As long as you soak it and wipe off, AND IF ANY IS LEFT, RE-SOAK THEN WIPE OFF AGAIN, you will never experience scratching with ICD.

Staining of the heatsink however, can happen. But it does not do anything to its ability to cool, apparently.

Read above.

Ah I see what you're getting at.

I usually just get TP and just wipe the thermal paste off first before putting alcohol on the next run. If I happen to get ICD, I'll soak it first.

Also, anyone knows where I can get a tube of ICD 7 cheap with shipping? It seems that they don't sell it here. :/

~~~SnapDragon~~~

I heard good things about Prolimatech PK-3. Next time I need to apply thermal compound I'll look into that one. I'll have to redo it anyway because I think I used too much.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Personally, I use Arctic Silver 5, but it seems to be the bad guy according to some of these responses ?