Nvidia Shield running Crysis 3 Natively!

beebskadoo

This is amazing! The fact that it's running so smoothly and is an early build of the game is exciting also. Android is the future of gaming platforms, even @LinusTech agrees.

Thoughts?

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

but at 30 fps and on fairly low settings lol 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

but at 30 fps and on fairly low settings lol 

You can tell all of that from the grainy video right?

-_-

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

You can tell all of that from the grainy video right?

-_-

im watching the conference rn 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Even a $99 Windows 8.1 tablet can play Crysis.  :P

That's Crysis 1 not 3 but still fairly impressive. And running games that were hard to run on a PC a few years ago on a tablet is pretty impressive, once the sheild line catches up to the PS4 and XBone with lots of native game support I would probably buy one even though I have an AMD GPU.

My Build

- i5 4670k @ 4.4GHz - MSI z87m Mobo - 16Gb 1866MHz RAM - MSI R9 290 - Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb - 2 x 1Tb WD Blue - CX600m - H55 AIO cooler - Fractal Node 804 - Lg 25um64-s Ultrawide screen monitor -  http://pcpartpicker.com/user/colec18/saved/9FKXsY

repost bruh

link bruh

Hail Sithis!

Seems kind of silly considering Steam Machine was just given a release date, and will likely make this look like a giant pile of crap.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Seems kind of silly considering Steam Machine was just given a release date, and will likely make this look like a giant pile of crap.

You do understand that this is basically phone level hardware right?

This is the future.

Hail Sithis!

I'm 100% sure you're just saying that because you're still mad about the 970.

Cool!

Needs one or two more generations. Rather not go back to 30 fps.

don't give a damn if it's 30 fps if this is on a tablet :P

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

This is the future.

A part of the future. 

Gaming is but one of the things I could do on PC grade hardware. Some of the others thing I could do on PC (Productivity. NUMEROUS productivity programs and actions) I can't do on mobile as of now. 

Heck, the mobile argument would have been better if NVidia just released updates to the current two mobile/portable shield devices with X1 to sell that. But they didn't, which I find problematic.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Whether the product as it stands right now is impressive or not is beside the point, it is a clear indication of the direction mobile platform processing is going. to be able to do this with phone level hardware is awesome news and only a peek at what is in the future. 

So to all those who are trying to talk this down like it's some sort of meh by the by thing, maybe you could explain how mobile electronics is supposed to be improved without this type of development? or better still maybe you could all go out and design and build something better.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Whether the product as it stands right now is impressive or not is beside the point, it is a clear indication of the direction mobile platform processing is going. to be able to do this with phone level hardware is awesome news and only a peek at what is in the future. 

So to all those who are trying to talk this down like it's some sort of meh by the by thing, maybe you could explain how mobile electronics is supposed to be improved without this type of development? or better still maybe you could all go out and design and build something better.

It's good and all. 

I just wished Nvidia would show this off with actual mobile products, and not a console running the tech. Would be an even better showcase than just having it show up on an Android TV.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

It's good and all. 

I just wished Nvidia would show this off with actual mobile products, and not a console running the tech. Would be an even better showcase than just having it show up on an Android TV.

http://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-940-81761-2500-000-SHIELD-Tablet-WiFi/dp/B00LM6KF7O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425445488&sr=8-1&keywords=nvidia+shield

http://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-SHIELD-Portable-Pc/dp/B00E3667XQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1425445488&sr=8-5&keywords=nvidia+shield (Needs to be restocked so the gougers stop getting on this page)

The fastest developing tech sector is absolutely mobile technology!

The processing power in mobile phones and devices is rapidly advancing and what a better platform to push new and interesting ideas through. The development of this will surpass consoles very soon and become more like PC's than anything. Android is very flexible and is here to stay, it's too big to fail.

Hail Sithis!

The Tablet is K1. 

The Portable is Tegra 4. 

The point I'm making is that both need to be updated with the X1.

This is the future.

For some people, perhaps. For those of us who couldn't give a shit about wireless crap and phones, no.

I'm 100% sure you're just saying that because you're still mad about the 970.

And you're probably 100% right. Although Steam Machine is already looking setup to make console look like ass because it works better for the same price, as well as being 10000000 time more flexible because it's linux.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

The Tablet is K1. 

The Portable is Tegra 4. 

^This. If they can fit an x1 inside the portable, I'm sold.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

The Tablet is K1. 

The Portable is Tegra 4. 

They do.

The portable is likely getting the first revision because it desperately needs it - could be soon, I'm speculating due to the availability on some retailers like Amazon there. Or they may do them both at the same time.

EDIT: They also need to put a better panel on the portable.