Nvidia Shield running Crysis 3 Natively!

beebskadoo

Not sure what people fail to understand about this post. The size, power and heat expelling constraints of mobile devices ensure that desktop is the choice for ultimate performance. Mobile continues to improve but so do desktop options as well. Just because an individual may be comfortable within the limitations of mobile devices doesn't mean that these limitations magically disappeared. 

Ultimate performance will always be found in a desktop. It's great that mobile gaming advances but declaring the desktop as archaic and obsolete is a shallow observation at best.

But his "Cloud computing"...lol.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Also to Linux - HAH. The only people who seem to think Linux is a thing are Linux fanboys. I've used Linux before, it needs more than a lot of work to be something that normal people can just pick up and use. Which is what an OS needs to be. And lets be blunt - OS X has more developer support than Linux ever will and both of them are stains on the toilet of Window's 500 room mansion.

*This message delivered to you traveling through Linux routers and switches and ending up on a Linux based server, most likely viewed by several on Linux-like mobile devices all around the world*

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'm ok with the hardware limitations of mobile devices. What I am most certainly not ok with, is with the software limitations of mobile devices. Particularly the Android Playstore which is being used here: Sure you have Crysis and Half Life 2 right now, maybe Valve will throw you one other bone. Other than that? Guess what decent games you will be able to play natively that are on the play store: Yep, fucking nothing.

Well unless games are made and ported over they wont run anyway, even if you had access to other stores.... so thats a mute point

There are decent android games and tons of awesome emulators, plus future games that may be ported over, its possible they might do a crossbuy thing, we never know

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

There are decent android games and tons of awesome emulators, plus future games that may be ported over, its possible they might do a crossbuy thing, we never know

The only decent ones I've found are ports from old PC games. The rest I am sorry to say but I vehemently disagree with you: it's just endless piles of motherfucking gameloft junk and pay to win microtransaction ridden bullshit. We've been told again and again about the potential of the play store and every single motherfucking gaming device based on it has failed because the store itself, in fact the entirety of all fucking mobile gaming are designed to skim out a few bucks out of elementary school kids and bored moms that use their tablets while taking a shit.

-------

Current Rig

-------

SNIP

thats why I prefer gaming on iOS, that said there are still some decent Android games, just very few and far between

But otherwise I agree

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

thats why I prefer gaming on iOS, that said there are still some decent Android games, just very few and far between

Nvidia is pushing Google though.

-------

Current Rig

-------

That is pretty amazing isn't it.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Nvidia is pushing Google though.

I know, it sucks gaming is way better on iOS, just a shame there are no great control options for my iPhone and iPad

I see the potential of nvidia here, but I think I agree unless they have the software to back it, its a pointless purchase