Nvidia Shield running Crysis 3 Natively!

beebskadoo

They do.

The portable is likely getting the first revision because it desperately needs it - could be soon, I'm speculating due to the availability on some retailers like Amazon there. Or they may do them both at the same time.

Where was this announcement made?

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

For some people, perhaps. For those of us who couldn't give a shit about wireless crap and phones, no.

And you're probably 100% right. Although Steam Machine is already looking setup to make console look like ass because it works better for the same price, as well as being 10000000 time more flexible because it's linux.

Ok then you will be left in the dust just like the old farts that still use flip phones and a manual toothbrush 

and secondly, yes linux is flexible, but the average consumer isn't going to go for that. Linux has a long way at least in the states before it's ever used by the average joe. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Where was this announcement made?

It wasnt? I was agreeing with you, and then I was speculating.

It wasnt? I was agreeing with you, and then I was speculating.

Nuts. 

I do hope that will happen, though Nvidia's record of technology updates hasn't been proven on the Shield line.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

I don't get why people are putting this down. This is tech that could be put into a phone form factor and give these kinds of visuals. That's more impressive to me than the desktop GPU epeen measuring contest. My phone is with me more than my desktop, so my phone and other mobile devices having this kind of performance is more important. It's where the market is headed.

Some people just need to bitch about it for the sake of fulfilling a daily quota of bitching.

Ok then you will be left in the dust just like the old farts that still use flip phones and a manual toothbrush 

and secondly, yes linux is flexible, but the average consumer isn't going to go for that. Linux has a long way at least in the states before it's ever used by the average joe. 

But muh 120 fps and ultra yolo swag settings with mouse and keyboard bruh

Or not because mobile grade hardware will never completely replace (or surpass for that matter) stationary hardware? Stationary hardware will always have some kind of advantage over mobile.

As for Linux adoption, give it time. Sooner or later a good number of people will get tired of paying for crap, not to mention that Linux has already basically taken over the Universe in everything except desktop hardware.

In case you needed to know:

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Take my damn money!

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I don't get why people are putting this down. This is tech that could be put into a phone form factor and give these kinds of visuals. That's more impressive to me than the desktop GPU epeen measuring contest. My phone is with me more than my desktop, so my phone and other mobile devices having this kind of performance is more important. It's where the market is headed.

Some people just need to bitch about it for the sake of fulfilling a daily quota of bitching.

Really hoping they revisit the Shield portable. I loved it while I had it, but it needs serious improvements.

Whether the product as it stands right now is impressive or not is beside the point, it is a clear indication of the direction mobile platform processing is going. to be able to do this with phone level hardware is awesome news and only a peek at what is in the future. 

So to all those who are trying to talk this down like it's some sort of meh by the by thing, maybe you could explain how mobile electronics is supposed to be improved without this type of development? or better still maybe you could all go out and design and build something better.

People can be unimpressed with the product if they choose to. They don't have to build a gpu in order to not be impressed by a product. By all means throw your money at it. I own the Shield portable and will be holding off upgrading until it gets refined more than the Tegra X1 offers.

Or not because mobile grade hardware will never completely replace (or surpass for that matter) stationary hardware? Stationary hardware will always have some kind of advantage over mobile.

As for Linux adoption, give it time. Sooner or later a good number of people will get tired of paying for crap, not to mention that Linux has already basically taken over the Universe in everything except desktop hardware.

In case you needed to know:

Mobile grade hardware won't surpass stationary hardware? what does that even mean first of all, and secondly if we're talking about marketshare and money oh boy are you wrong. It's only the biggest tech sector currently.

Linux is a powerful tool, but a lousy solution at least in its current for given the topic at hand.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Mobile is where the R&D, Money, and marketshare is at. It is the future for sure.

But to be honest, Nvidia will make it an epeen measuring contest. It's sort of their marketing strategy, though the difference is they are the underdog in this market. Qualcomm is dominating the mobile space for the most part.

Hail Sithis!

im sure the crytek guys are happy to get some of that nvidia money

poor bastards broke as hell

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

People can be unimpressed with the product if they choose to. They don't have to build a gpu in order to not be impressed by a product. By all means throw your money at it. I own the Shield portable and will be holding off upgrading until it gets refined more than the Tegra X1 offers.

I think you missed my point.

I was simply saying regardless of how this particular unit is received on a technical level it is still an advancement in mobile technology and still part of the developmental evolution of tech.  People where talking about it like nvidia painted a toilet brush black and where trying to pass it off as a console. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

The one game I want to run on a tablet is Kerbal space program

Right. It's pretty clear the phone booth by the corner of the street is infinitely superior to a smartphone. It's much sturdier and can shield you from the rain. Why couldn't we see this?!  :o

Just because you don't care about this news, doesn't make it any less awesome. At the end of the day, they people who matter in the GPU tech and gaming industry were there in the conference, while you weren't. They, together with the rest of tech-loving humanity, are looking forward to the possibilities this brings to the table. I love my gaming rig to death (see sig  :P ), but if I long for the day I can squeeze its power to something I can carry around, I'd be a fool not to get thrilled by the new Nvidia Shield.

Choice = consumer victory

Ryzen 5 2600 OCd to 3.9Ghz @ 1.275v l Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS Wifi l MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super

GSkill TridentZ RGB 16GB DDR4 l NZXT Kraken M22 AIO l Deepcool Macube 310P

Not sure what people fail to understand about this post. The size, power and heat expelling constraints of mobile devices ensure that desktop is the choice for ultimate performance. Mobile continues to improve but so do desktop options as well. Just because an individual may be comfortable within the limitations of mobile devices doesn't mean that these limitations magically disappeared. 

Ultimate performance will always be found in a desktop. It's great that mobile gaming advances but declaring the desktop as archaic and obsolete is a shallow observation at best.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

im rather worried about these portable devices getting more powerful then my pc.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

but at 30 fps and on fairly low settings lol 

I don't understand how u can tell it's 30fps and even if it is 30fps it looks just as good as 60fps imo :S

It's running a multiplayer map. The multiplayer in C3 was done by a different team and overall graphics and asset quality are lower than the SP.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

I don't understand how u can tell it's 30fps and even if it is 30fps it looks just as good as 60fps imo :S

Please stop.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

You do understand that this is basically phone level hardware right?

This is the future.

The "future" is 150ms delays and monthly subscriptions? The future is the motherfucking Android playstore (Because trust me: not much else will be available for it despite Nvidia's claims) I'll stay in the fucking past, kthxbye

-------

Current Rig

-------

Right. It's pretty clear the phone booth by the corner of the street is infinitely superior to a smartphone. It's much sturdier and can shield you from the rain. Why couldn't we see this?!  :o

Just because you don't care about this news, doesn't make it any less awesome. At the end of the day, they people who matter in the GPU tech and gaming industry were there in the conference, while you weren't. They, together with the rest of tech-loving humanity, are looking forward to the possibilities this brings to the table. I love my gaming rig to death (see sig  :P ), but if I long for the day I can squeeze its power to something I can carry around, I'd be a fool not to get thrilled by the new Nvidia Shield.

Choice = consumer victory

And, on that day when mobile platforms are equivalent in power to current desktop rigs, what will desktops look like then?

Desktops will always lead in performance, even if/when we can squeeze a modern day super computer into the size of a cell phone, we will have developed larger and more powerful super computers. Sure, mobile hardware is exciting for those who like it, but most people will stay with desktop stuff for production, like the design, coding, and compiling of hardware. yeah it can be done on stuff like a laptop, but it's still going to have disadvantages compared with desktop (like multiple monitors etc).

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Mobile is where the R&D, Money, and marketshare is at. It is the future for sure.

But to be honest, Nvidia will make it an epeen measuring contest. It's sort of their marketing strategy, though the difference is they are the underdog in this market. Qualcomm is dominating the mobile space for the most part.

Very true, whatever gives more competition would be good however. The mobile industry is where investing in tech makes the most sense. Compare the gains you've had on the desktop grade hardware vs the mobile implementations of that hardware. ITs pretty amazing that we now have CPUs and GPUs that give 80%+ of the performance of a desktop part without throttling or breaking down. Thats tangible improvements people can make use of. 

Also to Linux - HAH. The only people who seem to think Linux is a thing are Linux fanboys. I've used Linux before, it needs more than a lot of work to be something that normal people can just pick up and use. Which is what an OS needs to be. And lets be blunt - OS X has more developer support than Linux ever will and both of them are stains on the toilet of Window's 500 room mansion. 

Not sure what people fail to understand about this post. The size, power and heat expelling constraints of mobile devices ensure that desktop is the choice for ultimate performance. Mobile continues to improve but so do desktop options as well. Just because an individual may be comfortable within the limitations of mobile devices doesn't mean that these limitations magically disappeared. 

Ultimate performance will always be found in a desktop. It's great that mobile gaming advances but declaring the desktop as archaic and obsolete is a shallow observation at best.

I'm ok with the hardware limitations of mobile devices. What I am most certainly not ok with, is with the software limitations of mobile devices. Particularly the Android Playstore which is being used here: Sure you have Crysis and Half Life 2 right now, maybe Valve will throw you one other bone. Other than that? Guess what decent games you will be able to play natively that are on the play store: Yep, fucking nothing.

-------

Current Rig

-------