Oh so pissed of I am

TechnoBacon

So I have this friend that thinks he knows oh so much about computer hardware. He asked to see the computer I was planning to build and his first response to my build was that the processor was rubbish. He said that an I should substitute my i5 4690k for an i7, because they are much better. Because his i7 3910qm would obviously beat my i5 in gaming. I try to learn him the difference between desktop processors and mobile processors, but he refuses to listen and says im jelaous of his motherfucking i7. What do I do about this, I h8 not winning discussions... How can I convince him? (He doesnt belive in benchmarks for some reason)

Hope I posted in the right forum

02mb207.jpg

Try using one of these.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

play a game and compare fps?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Link him this thread and slap him in the face and tell him he is a complete retard.

Tell him the only difference in desktop cpu's alone is hyperthreading, let alone mobile.

There's nothing you can do with people like that. Ignore him an move on with your life.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

(He doesnt belive in benchmarks for some reason)

??? WTF? 

Also punch him in the face and tell him to fuck off. (jk. Just punch him in the face. No need to be rude.) 

Tell him that an I7 is a complete waste of money in gaming because modern games don't use hyperthreading.

Modern games make use of two cores at most, or at least that's what I've been told. Or you can point out that the only difference between and I7 and an I5 is that an I5 is an I7 with hyperthreading turned off, which makes 0 difference in gaming.

Also point out that his I7 can't be overclocked because it's in a shitty laptop, whereas your 4690k can be overclocked.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

How can I convince him? (He doesnt belive in benchmarks for some reason)

Why do you even care about it?

Just let him think whatever he wants, from the description you gave us I don't think you are going to change is mind easily.

Just tell him to shove that i7 up his ass and then tell you how many FPS he got.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Ill try to deal with the fact he thinks his laptop cpu is some kind of infinite source of power and move on, lol. Ill show him some real life performance when im done building

Just tell him to shove that i7 up his ass and then tell you how many FPS he got.

Compare to his gt 640m?

Don't let him win... don't fight. "Well, next time they stab you don't fight back just play the victim instead of playin' the fool"

Its these kind of people who are too full of themselves to see reason. The kind of people who go down the wrong road later in life, and become nothing but dead weight to all who know him.

Distance yourself from him. You don't want to have do ditch 'friends' when you're all gown up, trust me.

Same idea I have, he is a toxic friend... either learn how to make him not toxic or say goodbye :)

Tell him that i7 vs i5 dont matter for gaming but the gpu dose and prove him wrong.

There IS NO POINT talking to someone who won't actually listen.

There is NO POINT showing someone benchmarks/facts when they don't wanna see them.

Lost cause.

Deal with it, ie: Don't bring up tech shit, and if HE does,... say he doesnt know FUCK ALL, and leave it at that.. just DONT LISTEN TO HIM EITHER.

He'll get your drift soon enough... being....

"I don't talk about this stuff to ignorant cunts without any will to learn more about whats actually going on"

This will happen to you more than once in your life no doubt.... best get used to dealing with it efficiently.

"Fuck Off Cunt" hardly works.....maybe tone it down from there.... <--what not to do

:)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

You smart, he dumb about computers.

They won't learn till "there stuff is broken".

Anyway just say yeah i7 is better I'm jelly.

I did this once to someone -> I openend his laptop quickly and pulled off the its WIFI-card, he booted the laptop and was in a 10 minute panic mode.

He was always, Always bragging to me about this tech stuff. (I did some IT stuff for a small company so I know abit fixing laptops and pc back then)

So then I said he let me try and fix it for you. 5 minutes later he came back and I said: "its fixed, but thought you know alot about computers, guess not huh."

He is a salesman now at a f*cking mediastore.  :lol: I think I traumatized him.