What color is this dress?

unperfect paul

its blue and black

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

ok then why did it go from gold and white to blue and black in front of my eyes ( i am not trolling i just want to know why)

^this

SHAMEFUL DISPRAY

holy shit, as i went to go and type white and yellow, it is now black and blue. 

I am going to shoot myself now...

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

I AM CRYING AND LAUGHING TO DEATH RIGHT NOW I SEE WHITE AND GOLD MY BROTHER SEES BLUE AND BLACK WHAT KIND OF DRUGS ARE YOU TAKING I DON'T- WHAT THE HELL

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

Man, if Linus and Luke brings the topic on the WAN show even if it isn't tech, it would be awesome to watch if they don't see it in the same colour

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Opinion is irrelevant. Whatever optical illusions you or I might suffer, It has been established that it is indeed black and blue in real life.

Such a trivial thing to get worked up about.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

I am going insane.  This dress is black and blue, but my family see's a variety of colors from the white / gold, to periwinkle, and brown, grey, blue, green.  I've two friends who see brown and grey.  This thing--is fun.  Though-- Wired has an explanation for this in a way.  http://www.wired.com/2015/02/science-one-agrees-color-dress/  But it is actually black / blue in real life.  But holy crap this stuff is fun.  Optical illusions, yay!

Add a poll to this.

EDIT: Alright, can't wait to see the results.

Alright so ive actually been talking about this quite a bit on facebook with some friends oddly enough.

I just had it flip for me from white to blue but it was only after i want all the way back to the tumbler page http://goo.gl/rTjhiy. The odd thing was in the screen capture from adobe its clearly blue but it was blue before i went to the tumbler page.

From what i can see all the articles are pulling from the tumbler page. Like I said it only flipped once I went to the origin. Now this could be because the yellow background of the page provided enough contrast or it could be because the color space was being read incorrectly up until that point, or something to that effect.

I tried to replicate this in other browsers with no luck. I can no longer see it as white and gold.

The thing that really make me think its something with color spaces is white and gold is the inverted color of the black and blue. I thought this before even checking myself.

Then someone mentioned something about an astigmatism and my response.

i do have an astigmatism care to go into how this would have effected this or provide some links? This actually has me interested now.

And not I looked to the upper right of my monitor and its back to white and gold. Also the color is not correct to be inverted.

If I look from upper left to lower right its white but if I do the opposite, lower left to upper right, its blue.

Response from person is below:

It has to do with your eye that is weak and how far away from the screen you are. Maybe you found that sweet spot for your eyesight. (Keep in mind astigmatism doesn't mean bad eyesight. Mine is 20/10 in one eye, and 20/15 in the other eye.) I always see it as gold and white. But I also never saw the 90's pictures change to a boat in the mall. (Watch "MallRats" if you don't get my meaning.) Most people I knew with astigmatism couldn't get it to work.

then this

Here it is according to Giz... Not really sure if I agree with them ever though. http://goo.gl/uZL2su

I really dont think goes into it enough though and there has to be something specifically with that pic that is causing it. My eyes are actually more sensitive to light too which is somewhat mentioned in the article. Like going outside without sun glasses usually hurts. But that shift is really odd, especially because I can almost force it to flip.

That is when I though about looking to see if LTT had a thread on this as usaully even the smaller stuff makes it here. I was hoping that some people here might know more. I think its going as far as how the image was captured and how your eyes are seeing those colors. oh and I cant forget @Charger :P

Where is Linus' scientific explanation?

CPU: i7 4770 GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Mobo: ASUS Maximus VI Hero ROG

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz CPU cooler: Corsair H80i PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

Fans: Corsair AF/AF/AF/ 120 & 140's Case: CMStorm Scout 2 Advanced

Ok soo, when I first seen the picture, I seen Gold and White... After awhile I started to see Black and Blue.. Now I feel like I am going crazy now..

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Ok soo, when I first seen the picture, I seen Gold and White... After awhile I started to see Black and Blue.. Now I feel like I am going crazy now..

Dont worry your not crazy but id like to know why that is happenning and whats causing it.

I feel like I'm missing out on something cool. No matter how I look at it, its white and gold, I don't see any black or blue at all (unless you count the white being slightly blue-ish).

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

I feel like I'm missing out on something cool. No matter how I look at it, its white and gold, I don't see any black or blue at all (unless you count the white being slightly blue-ish).

no itll suddenly flip its like a dark blue and black. That blue tinge im pretty sure has something to do with the issue.

Don't think I have to say what it is once you saturate the colors. 

attachicon.gifcolors.jpg

Thats not the point, at least for me. Also inverting the colors can tell you the samething since white cant invert to white.

no itll suddenly flip its like a dark blue and black. That blue tinge im pretty sure has something to do with the issue.

That's why I feel like I'm missing out. I've looked at the picture quite a few times now, I do everytime I come back to this thread, but I haven't seen a flip once.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Thats not the point, at least for me. Also inverting the colors can tell you the samething since white cant invert to white.

Overexposed photo, cone sensitivity varies by person, and a bunch of people viewing it with monitors with horrible color reproduction. Internet viral...

Overexposed photo, cone sensitivity varies by person, and a bunch of people viewing it with monitors with horrible color reproduction. Internet viral...

I have color corrected monitors and have seen both. Read my whole post above. I dont think its as simple as that.