BLACK Noctua NF-P12 exist! NOT IPPC's

The Benjamins

So I was taking apart my Seagate NAS to put in a extra IPPC NF-F12 3000 RPM into it when I found out they use BLACK noctra NF-P12 in them WHAAAAA. Why can't we buy these?

When I was shopping for a NAS I was in promo pics the NAS had shit brown fans and I thought, wow those are noctuas, and when I got it I was "disappointed" they were just black fans.

c3M3D8p.jpg

@Slick

@LinusTech

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

I think i could put my corsair fanboy a side if we could buy these and they were affordable 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

That looks like the industrial noctua fans which you can buy

Was just thinking that 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Oh my. 

tumblr_n7m37e4qod1smcbm7o1_500.gif

They aren't though. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You're not getting the full Noctua experience without the brown and tan fans, sir.

How else will everyone know that you went out to buy performance fans for your PC if they don't stand out from the rest of your build?

you point at the shit brown rubber dampers.

I'm pretty sure they said they where making them about a year or so ago but only for OEM stuff IIRC.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I'm pretty sure they said they where making them about a year or so ago but only for OEM stuff IIRC.

then we need to start a black market for black noctua fans.

Highjack a freighter Jack Sparrow style. :ph34r:

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I wish Noctua will make a black NF-S12A fan...........

I wish they made 140mm versions of s12a's.. 

dhMeAzK.gif

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Highjack a freighter Jack Sparrow style. :ph34r:

im going to buy 10000 seagate NAS's and 10000 brown NF-P12, swap them out and return them. sell blacks at %50 mark up, profit.

I don't think people understand, and it really pissed me off.

The colours of the noctua fans make them quieter...

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

have you ever looked at the Noctua website?  There are pictures of some hotty with red hair all over it.  I'm thinking this is the owner's wife or something, and he decided to make his whole company color scheme after her pale skin and red-brown hair.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

How about a massdrop for black noctua fans?

Sir, you deserve a Nobel prize!!

Same with Lacie, they also use Noctua fans in their NAS

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

But those don't have a coloured cable

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

im going to buy 10000 seagate NAS's and 10000 brown NF-P12, swap them out and return them. sell blacks at %50 mark up, profit.

You can always contact Noctua and sell the fans on the forum. ;)

I think the brown fans are Noctua's complex marketing gimmick. The brown colour makes them recognisable, which is good for getting the brand known. It also looks unattractive, which means Noctua doesn't need to do any intellectual property nonsense to stop other companies from copying them.

It might seem logical for Noctua to go to black fans for everything, but what they gain in aesthetic appeal, they'd lose in easy recognisability. People can't see high static pressure, but they can see a brown fan which is known to perform so good that someone was willing to overlook its ridiculous colour when putting it in their PC. Sure, you can get the IPPC series if you want a black Noctua fan, but you will pay an exorbitant price for a fan which does not serve as an advertisement for the Noctua brand, and has seemingly no benefits for PCs.

don't care, they're not actually very good performing fans. Quiet, yes. but they have exactly average mm/h20 and cfm. They're massively overhyped and overpriced, don't know why everyone is obsessed with noctua. I have bitfenix spectre pro's which are slightly louder for literally almost double the performance (140mm model). Turn them down and you have a QUIETER fan for same specs, at roughly same price. 

they make no sense to me at all.

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

don't care, they're not actually very good performing fans. Quiet, yes. but they have exactly average mm/h20 and cfm. They're massively overhyped and overpriced, don't know why everyone is obsessed with noctua. I have bitfenix spectre pro's which are slightly louder for literally almost double the performance (140mm model). Turn them down and you have a QUIETER fan for same specs, at roughly same price. 

they make no sense to me at all.

Spectre Pros are much more than just slightly louder--especially at lower speeds.