Pebble's New 'Time' Smartwatch Kickstarter Funded in 15 Minutes

Pebble Time, the new Pebble smartwatch, just went live on Kickstarter 24 minutes ago... And only fifteen minutes in, it was funded 100% of their $500,000 goal.

HOLY CRAP.

Are you guys interested in one? I'm sticking to my original for now, but a color screen, same 7-day battery life, Gorilla Glass and voice control all seem pretty awesome!

UPDATE - LESS THAN THIRTY MINUTES IN, it's at $800K! This is insane. They're about to break Kickstarter records... again!

[kickstarter]

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597507018/pebble-time-awesome-smartwatch-no-compromises

Looks really nice. Do you know if Spotify works with Pebble?

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

WHY?

What is up with today's kids? What happened to the value of a simple watch?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Yes - on iOS, Pebble controls any music app, so on Android I assume so as well.

WHY?

The value of a simple watch? It depends on what you mean.

Yeah, I know people who own watches worth more than most people's PCs around here. And they're not even rich, they just appreciate a beautifully crafted and designed product. And of course, all it does is tell time.

Four figures people, for a watch.

The smartwatches do more. They notify you, they keep your phone within reach even when it's not, they keep you connected. I still like a nice stainless steel watch though. Looks better at the least.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

WHY?

I use a normal watch to tell time cause I dont have  a phone.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

UPDATE 3 - 34 MINUTES IN, $1 MILLION FUNDED!

That's ridiculous. What is wrong with a regular watch, and a cellphone in your pocket.

Quote my post if you need me to respond.

Watching the video, I love the little animations and fluidity of the interface... Nice to know they're bringing the updated OS to older models, too! Even more excited now.

Shit. I woulda got one but I don't know my mums credit card details off by heart.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Holy cow I checked it a few minutes ago and the funding nearly doubled... looks like someone will be taking another money bath xD

I'm happy for them...

Too bad I don't have $200 to drop right now :(

Damn! It was like 3 times less when I posted about it less than an hour ago :o

Seriously, I don't think they need money from Kickstarter. They already made tons of money with the original Pebble and the Steel. I find this as dumb as indie developers who need 5000$+ to make a small game. It might cost 200-300$ in some cases, but they'll get it back with the profits. Same for the Pebble.

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

Almost $2million now.

I'm going to wait, but I will get one.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

WHY?

Simple watch? My "simplest" of watches cost 550 dollars. Who needs something that expensive at all, for a watch, unless they enjoy timepieces and like to collect? Pointless for most people. I mean, I'm eyeing a Omega Moon watch. This one. Who the hell needs to spend 6 grand on a watch again? No one. Not anyone who doesn't care about watches, thats for sure. maxresdefault.jpg

Some people want a nice timepiece to wear (or multiple timepieces to wear on multiple occasions), others want something that more tightly integrates with their tech because they value that more. 

I'm with @TheSLSAMG fro his other post. Get a G Watch R2 or even an Apple Watch. Better integration, better looks, not built by a company that needs Kickstarter to fund a 3rd generation product. You get what you pay for, even with watches. And the Pebble Time looks childish to boot. 

Simple watch? My "simplest" of watches cost 550 dollars. Who needs something that expensive at all, for a watch, unless they enjoy timepieces and like to collect? Pointless for most people. I mean, I'm eyeing a Omega Moon watch. This one. Who the hell needs to spend 6 grand on a watch again? No one. Not anyone who doesn't care about watches, thats for sure. 

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm with @TheSLSAMG fro his other post. Get a G Watch R2 or even an Apple Watch. Better integration, better looks, not built by a company that needs Kickstarter to fund a 3rd generation product. You get what you pay for, even with watches. And the Pebble Time looks childish to boot. 

That watch is beautiful, damn.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

That watch is beautiful, damn.

I usually don't like bronze/gold/anything that isn't titanium the entire way but this one is nothing but class. I even like the cloth NATO strap to the point of buying a similar one for my existing watch. 

Simple watch? My "simplest" of watches cost 550 dollars. Who needs something that expensive at all, for a watch, unless they enjoy timepieces and like to collect? Pointless for most people. I mean, I'm eyeing a Omega Moon watch. This one. Who the hell needs to spend 6 grand on a watch again? No one. Not anyone who doesn't care about watches, thats for sure. 

Some people want a nice timepiece to wear (or multiple timepieces to wear on multiple occasions), others want something that more tightly integrates with their tech because they value that more. 

That I can understand because technically it is still a traditional watch and looks real cool.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I guess this shows that crowd funding isn't dead if the company is trusted.

Edit: WTF! It's at $3 million already? I just keep watching the number increase. To be honest it kind of makes me want to buy it.

Simple watch? My "simplest" of watches cost 550 dollars. Who needs something that expensive at all, for a watch, unless they enjoy timepieces and like to collect? Pointless for most people. I mean, I'm eyeing a Omega Moon watch. This one. Who the hell needs to spend 6 grand on a watch again? No one. Not anyone who doesn't care about watches, thats for sure. maxresdefault.jpg

Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 - 45th  Anniversary Edition

made from high grade titanium and rose gold, so sexy

the kickstarter is past 3million, geez

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

I literally missed the Early Bird tier by 10 minutes LoL confirmed backer for my second Pebble watch; can't argue with $10 shipping to Canada.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

As a Spotify user who owns a Pebble Steel, partially. You can use it as a remote to pause or skip songs, but it doesn't have the ability to display song information yet.

At least, not without an app for it. I haven't really looked to see if there's a 3rd party option with more functionality.

all I can do is laugh...

EDIT: they should it 5 million in the 20 min at this rate.a666480b604fb14b836c177c845ad068.png

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4