This is the new Pebble

cloclo8003

6fc5febd9c6278bb13ea7900d597d256_origina

It's called the Pebble Time. The leaked picture was right.

It has a color e-paper display, and it has the same battery life.

It is also still compatible with current Pebble apps.

I'm really excited. I might buy one, I find this wonderful that it has the same battery life and a color display.

This is almost the perfect smartwatch according to me.

dc375b9dc9d2d35f12bf995e561f713f_origina

Sources: www.getpebble.com and https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597507018/pebble-time-awesome-smartwatch-no-compromises

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

The old pebble is better looking than this one...

Pebble Time Steel coming next year may be?

Maybe, who knows? Why not :D a Pebble Time Steel would be nice

It feels a bit bulkier than the original pebble, bigger bezels. However, it's thinner, and I personally prefer the new one

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Maybe, who knows? Why not :D a Pebble Time Steel would be nice

It feels a bit bulkier than the original pebble, bigger bezels. However, it's thinner, and I personally prefer the new one

But I don't like the thicker bezel...  :unsure:

btw, The Verge has a video on this...

But I don't like the thicker bezel...

Yeah, this could be better, but maybe there's a reason for this. I still like the design of it though.

I'm sorry, but I'd rather spend the extra $100-$150 (based upon Pebble Time MSRP and LG G Watch R MSRP) to get an LG G Watch R or an LG G Watch Urbane when it comes out. They both look like actual watches, have nice displays and Android Wear is more functional. It looks good though, fine for anyone who is okay with e-ink/e-paper and is looking for good battery life.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

The old pebble is better looking than this one...

Pebble Time Steel coming next year may be?

Already has a steel bezel. Maybe it will have a steel band later?

I'm sorry, but I'd rather spend the extra $100-$150 (based upon Pebble Time MSRP and LG G Watch R MSRP) to get an LG G Watch R or an LG G Watch Urbane when it comes out. They both look like actual watches, have nice displays and Android Wear is more functional. It looks good though, fine for anyone who is okay with e-ink/e-paper and is looking for good battery life.

Also physical buttons. Much easier to change a song on my phone on the car than having to look at my watch and hit the specific part on the screen.

hai

I wish I had money...

Still love my Pebble, hopefully they will keep with updating the OS on the original. 

The battery and display is really what sells it with the pebble, and the fact that there are so many apps already. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I wish I had money...

Still love my Pebble, hopefully they will keep with updating the OS on the original.

The new OS will be updated on the old Pebble models according to the Kickstarter video.

hai

I really wish that the colour E-Ink technology would be looked at more seriously by monitor manufacturers and developed upon. From being a Kindle user for years I would love to have an colour E-ink monitor which would be a pleasure to look at and not get any eye strains from at all. Glad that Pebble is using this technology and it looks pretty good.

Well, it looks like the perfect smartwatch for me was just announced.

I'll be buying the red version when it hits retail (if the reviews are favorable, I like it when I try it out in Best Buy and there's no major advancements in the Android Wear sector). It has an established app ecosystem, does everything I need/want a smartwatch to do, has a high-resolution (relative to other pebbles) color display that can actually be seen outside (touch would've been nice, though I sorta like the buttons) and voice commands/dictation.

Plus 7 days of battery life.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

Already has a steel bezel. Maybe it will have a steel band later?

Oh, if it already has steel bezel, then a Pebble Time steel would be just stupid. If it's still compatible with standard watch bands, I'll put a steel band.

can I use my pebble steel band on this one, if so i will buy it.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

can I use my pebble steel band on this one, if so i will buy it.

I don't think so just by looking at the pics.

I don't think so just by looking at the pics.

Then I will wait until I can get one with a metal band, I only wear steel or titanium watches.

I'll wait for the Pebble Time Steel and then probably get that. I'm so happy that it has the same battery life (although I wish it would have improved...).

Looks solid :D 

I wish I had money...

The battery and display is really what sells it with the pebble, and the fact that there are so many apps already. 

You might be able to sell the one you have before the price drops like a drunk stripper

Pay for most of the new one :P

nexus2cee_LG-G-Watch-R-1.jpg

You can wear this to dinner and not look like a fool, cause appearances do matter in the real world contrary to Pebbles beliefs of making hunks of plastic that look like plastic even if they aren't made of plastic. 

You can wear this to dinner and not look like a fool, cause appearances do matter in the real world contrary to Pebbles beliefs of making hunks of plastic that look like plastic even if they aren't made of plastic. 

Not everyone has to worry about appearances though, look at linus :P He wears socks and sandals and wore the first pebble for months.

Yes he looked ridiculous but he honestly didn't care about his appearance

Linusr_zpsb873ea56.jpeg

In that respect I would love the new pebble, regardless of its fashion statement

Dont assume everyone cares that much

Then I will wait until I can get one with a metal band, I only wear steel or titanium watches.

It looks like it'll go the original Pebble's route and support any old 20mm watchband; not only ones specifically designed for it.

Confirmed from the Kickstarter page:

I really wish that the colour E-Ink technology would be looked at more seriously by monitor manufacturers and developed upon. From being a Kindle user for years I would love to have an colour E-ink monitor which would be a pleasure to look at and not get any eye strains from at all. Glad that Pebble is using this technology and it looks pretty good.

I want Amazon to make a colour version of the Kindle so I can use it to read comics and graphic novels.

I want a Amazon to make a colour version of the Kindle so I can use it to read comics and graphic novels.

I use my Kindle for manga reading but it still would be cool since there some colour pages here and there so a colour e-ink display would be nice to have. I really do love the way the screen on my Paperwhite is illuminated so with a coloured screen it would be really nice.

It looks like it'll go the original Pebble's route and support any old 20mm watchband; not only ones specifically designed for it.

Thanks, now i am not sure if I should get it or wait for a fully steel body version. you know if their are any other hardware changes like better CPU and stuff?

I use my Kindle for manga reading but it still would be cool since there some colour pages here and there so a colour e-ink display would be nice to have. I really do love the way the screen on my Paperwhite is illuminated so with a coloured screen it would be really nice.

Yes the Paperwhite is brilliant.

I have it on the lowest level it will go before turning off, yet it managed to illuminate the screen well enough that I can read in the dark. Which is great for me, as my eyes are rather sensitive to light and I can start to feel some discomfort after reading with the light on for too long.

If Amazon announced a colour paperwhite Kindle, I'd pre-order the shit out of it.