Mars One selects 1 'alien' and 99 human finalists to die on Mars

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

How crappy were the other applicants is one of the people selected thinks he is an alien?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

The small things on this planet will be missed once they set their foot on Mars... But then, they're probably too busy posting their photos on Instagram and Facebook trying to get as much likes as possible. :rolleyes:

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Dunno why but When i thought about that "Martian" dude, it kinda reminded me of Nolan Stross from Dead Space 2 and how he is going to fuck up everything like he did in the Game with his Marker obsession >.<

so is the trip automated or do these people know how to operate the equipment

How crappy were the other applicants if one of the people selected thinks he is an alien?

They probably wanted someone with experience to guide the group so taking a martian with them is a good decision and not "crappy". Plus, he can always use his own ship to get everyone back if it doesn't work out.

They probably wanted someone with experience to guide the group so taking a martian with them is a good decision and not "crappy". Plus, he can always use his own ship to get everyone back if it doesn't work out.

That is possible, or he is just crazy.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Diversity sure but really? How can a 19-year old girl survive the trip to mars?

it's not like they are sending them out today , and according to your if there ever a case we need to colonize mars or leave earth all people under 19 year old should leave behind ? 19 year olds are perfectly capable of handling stress , that's what trainings are for, if she couldn't Handle it , she's probably gonna be replaced  .

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

It seems rather unlikely that they will ever go to mars, given the funding requirements and funding capabilitiies. It seems more likely just to become a failed reality show the profits the producers.

With that said, I would love to go to space and explore a new world, but not like this. If they ever left earth I don't think there is a good chance for them to make it to mars, let alone successfully land and setup a colony. Assuming they manage to get there and setup everything with zero problems I their chances and length of survival are pretty poor given the plans laid out.

Man, I wish I could be part of something like that. 

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

It would be a challenge, but not impossible to survive on Mars.

- We can't put an atmosphere on Mars, but building an enclosed environment is feasible. If it's properly shielded for radiation, they'd be fine.

- We could theoretically grow food in the enclosed environment, but probably not enough for everyone.

- If we built it at the equator, it would be about 60 degrees F. That's pretty warm.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

- If we built it at the equator, it would be about 60 degrees F. That's pretty warm.

it's gonna be -180 at the nights 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I think moving away from mars is inevitable, and it's better now than later. I also think something like the Biosphere project (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biosphere_2) would be used to simulate Earth, not necessarily right off the bat though.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

very highly expecting people to go mad and a rash of suicides

not in the beginning though

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

it's gonna be -180 at the nights 

That's closer to the poles. It does get down to -100 at the equator, but that's much more manageable than -180.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Diversity sure but really? How can a 19-year old girl survive the trip to mars?

wont be 19 when they leave

I can't tell if you're serious or not.

One of them is danish and he was on the radio this morning.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Even if they all die by crashing on Mars... they will still have experienced more in their lives than ANY of you will ever be able to, no matter how much you drug, stuff and milk yourselfves :)

They will feel that thing again... that thing none of our species has felt for hundreds of thousands of years. Some children now have brief moments of it at a very early age... but its quickly quelled.

R.I.P. To them all. It will be interesting to see how it turns out, but who knows, there will probably one person that freaks out and totally f's up the mission, killing everyone "early" lol.

I bet on the "alien"

When i hear people like the poland dude speaking, my brain can not function because my inner voice: "please kill yourself right now, this is worse than hell with pimeapple in your anus" is too strong.

He should be locked somewhere not sent to mars..

Im so extremely jellaous because what they are going to witness woth their eyes is beyond imaginable for us peasants. Universe has always fascinated me and it kills me inside knowing ill never see it :(

I expect a movie about this in upcoming years :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Why would you want to go on a one-way trip to Mars? Can't these people think ahead?

U have no passion for exploring the alien planet. So u cant understand but think of it differently: Think about something u desire, your dream, your goal in life and then look at their decision. Wouldnt u give everything u have got to achieve your dream?

If u answer NO in this case, u are a weak individual if u cant fight for what u want. Or u havent found what it is you really want.

Also people with no families or relatives alive have no ties to the life in here.

Its an adventure worth doing :)

Hope you can understand now.

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Mission hasnt even started yet and people plan families.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2958312/I-want-BABY-Mars-says-British-candidate-one-way-space-mission-TV-company-reveals-plans-Big-Brother-style-beamed-red-planet.html

Shes hot + she is asian, I'd help her in making process :D

Edit: I foumd the list of 100 candidates and i truly dont underdtand why would they choose people older than 50.

The mission starts in 2024, by then these people will be 60! Bit risky for the to travel for over 6months to mars and then die there few years after... Wasted potential imho but what do i kmow.

Have a lool at the candidates here: https://community.mars-one.com/last_activity/ALL/18/82/ALL/ALL/5/3/