The new (and improved?) Linus Tech Tips intro

LinusTech

I like it but the slogan at the end should be different.

I know you talked about this in the WAN show though so hopefully you come up with something good.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Pretty neat intro, actually. Tune is catchy, is it anything specific?

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

THERE IS NO CATS BIT!!!! REDO THE INTRO!

VIVA LE PUSSY REVOLUTION!

Actually the video is okay, music doesn't feel as well suited to being an intro and the slogan sounds quite bad.

How about 

LinusTechTips OR LinusTechTips

With some other guys              We have a cat!

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

Yes, this is great, but please work on a better slogan xD

Against All Odds pc build

AMD Athlon II x4 750k///MSI A55m E33///Kingston hyper x blue 8gb (2x4)///corsair cx430///EVGA GTX 750 SC///Rosewill FBM 01///Samsung EVO 850 120gb///Windows 8.1///Corsair Raptor k40

Terrible. Go back to linus unboxing himself

i5 4670k / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 / Asus Maximus vi hero lga 1150 mobo / Sapphire tri-x r9 290 OC edition / corsair vengeance pro red 4 x 4 gb 2133mhz cas 9 ram kit / nzxt phantom 530 black / 120gb samsung 840 evo ssd / 240 gb ocz arc 100 ssd / 2x 1tb WD Blue / Cooler Master v850 modular psu / corsair k70 rgb cherry mx Brown / mad catz rat 5 laser mouse / windows 10

change the slogan, then it'll be fine.

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

LOVE the graphic because it more clearly identifies with the brand, don't like the slogan though because it doesn't seem as brand relevant or cohesive.

Needs cats in the middle of it like the old one. /jk

Pretty good, except for the slogan.

i'm a potato

Well, I like it. The music and visuals just have a bit more punch this time, imo.

Two things I'd change:

- The slogan doesn't seem right. Hmm . . "cool" seems like a word that works better at the end for some reason, so maybe "Great ideas. Cool videos." instead? Even then, it doesn't really reflect the uniqueness of Linustechtips. For one, one of the things you guys do that not everybody else does is releasing one video per day. So maybe something more on the lines of "Cool tech. Every day." (Wait, didn't I just say Cool works better at the end . .  :unsure: )

- The smiley at the end should look more like Linus.

That said, I hope the Wan show gets a new intro soon too. I gotta know what happens next: Where is Linus' boat heading to? A watercooled-fall?? Does Luke ever get out of the quicksand? Or does he just keep digging?? . . . I need more coffee.  :huh:

Personally I think the new intro is great (However I think the transitions should be a tad faster.)

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY

Le USD $300 Second Hand Potato

CPU: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8GHz Motherboard: Intel DP55WG RAM: 12GB Corsair Budget 1333MHz (2x2GB+2x4GB) GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 512MB Case: Cooler Master Elite Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB PSU: Cooler Master Generic 500W (came with case) Displays: 21.5" 1080p Acer G226HQL Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Mx Reds) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Turtle Beach X12's Operating System: Windows 10

Yep... My peripherals cost me more than the rig itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@LinusTech @Slick

Its great, although can Edzel post a version of this intro with the old music please? I think that would be better as it's part of the LinusTechTips identity, people recognise the channel because of the music - Adhesive Wombats all the way!

PS. "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn"

Edit: as I knew would happen, the new music has grown on me, just don't go changing it again!

needs better slogan

not digging the new music, maybe current music is better

don't change things for the sake of changing. If ain't broke, don't fix it.

Animation- Meh,Its okay I guess

Music- Absolute garbage.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

i like the:

"we tech things seriously"

"only 9 accidents since ****"

"Do as we say, not as we do" is a bit pretentious. It's kinda like saying "my audience is too dumb to know better"

Apart from that little gripe, new intro is great.

"Do as we say, not as we do" is a bit pretentious. It's kinda like saying "my audience is too dumb to know better"

Apart from that little gripe, new intro is great.

It's not supposed to be pretentious :) It's an old joke, Linus sometimes does things in a ghetto, or "bad"/uncorrect way, and then says "Do as i say, not as I do".  

I don't think it was supposed to come across like that. 

Anyhow, if ye LTT guys are still reading this thread, I think the new into is great, at first I didn't really like it. But after the hype of the into with the host and then the upbeat quick little tune and a fun/punny slogan it works really well :) 

Feels very snappy too, which is good. :P 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I find it nice haha its just something new to get used to but i love it :)

I like the new intro but I also did like the old intro I'm not shore which is better

• 3 weeks later...

I keep on forgetting to post, but every time i see the new intro i think..

DAMN I LIKE IT  :D

So there. Great job

• 5 years later...

Since this thread is still open, and I've noticed no one at this forum as taken time to address it... I'll try to do my best updating this one.

The newly released video on Floatplane titled "WHY do I pay Adobe $10K a YEAR!?" released at 2020/04/29, shows for the 2nd time the new intro starting from 1:06.

The first time it was used - correct me if I'm wrong - was on "What Does it Take to Run the Minecraft RTX Beta?" released at 2020/04/17, starting from 0:32. On YouTube, this video was called "RTX Finally Has a Reason to Exist: Minecraft!", released at 2020/04/18 and the intro starts from 0:46.

Anyway, there are some differences from each other. Check out a potato video I edited to compare them:

The first one has a fell to the sound that is very enjoyable to me, especially using a Samsung S9 with Dolby Atmos amp and KOSS KSC75 headphones. Also, in this first time, the graphics were adapted to the nVidia RTX subject, replacing the LTT cube (which could be a LTTstore.com keyring).

The second is true to the Laszlo - Supernova song clip, and true to the Mbarek intro proposal.

Now to screw up with @LinusTech ( #lie-nus) .... m8 that intro made by Mbaek used Adobe After Effects, probably some Illustrator and Premier too. My point is that in essence the video "WHY do I pay Adobe $10K a YEAR!? was made with 1 part that was edited with Adobe software. Thereforl, the premisse you layed out for the editors, was not met. Maybe if they also had made a completly new intro as well, your goal would have been achieved.

In opinion to your choice expressed at the end of the 2nd video mentioned, although I'm not in any way shape or form a video editor, I've taught Adobe tools in the past in Web Design / Dev courses, and I've kept somewhat at par with developments from that companys products and keep using them as always did at selft-taught levels. It's a cheap solution considering the official support and 3rd party to solve Software & Hardware issues. They just have so many costumers that ticket delays are expected. Perhaps, in time, 3rd party makers of Software & Hardware will adopt alternatives, but as Linux did, so will non-mainstream software keep just being that - alternatives.

You're a kind and astute employer. I wish you all, speccially you and Yvonne the best.

"Take care of yourself. And take care of somebody else."

- George Carlin, Jammin' in NY (1992)

p.s.: Pardon my English :)

Take care, and take care of somebody else.
George Carlin: Jammin' in New York 1992

</>