PCMR is launching a YouTube channel soon

UltraNeonGaming

Everything is satire there.

Thanks, now I can delete the bookmark and never look back (and hope like hell I don't see a website like that with people being serious-because then I'd despair for us all).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I'm not calling anyone who associates with the PCMR an idiot, but I am saying some of the comments I've seen from the PCMR are childish, are insulting and do bring the whole PCMR into disrepute. 

You might not be calling them idiots, but a lot are. Case in point:

Sometimes I read reddit and wonder how they function given the shear stupidity. Poor guys. :unsure:

I don't think I have to dig up examples of @Victorious Secret calling them children, immature and such things to prove that point. He is like a broken tape recorder when it comes to that.

Just to be perfectly clear, I went to that subreddit for the first time today and I was shocked at how bland and non-insulting the threads were. I have only heard about the subreddit from other sources such as yourself and never actually seen it with my own eyes, and I expected it to be filled with nothing but console bashing and people acting retarded. Instead what I see is people talking about how RAMDrives don't increase FPS, people talking about using Plasti Dip instead of paint on hardware, nostalgia threads, someone who bought new hardware and so on.

The only threads I saw that even mentioned consoles were one clearly labeled "satire" and it was a joke ("PS4 and Xbox One will never become outdated... because you can't become something you already are.") and in that thread people told him that his joke was bad. The other thread was about you being able to buy a whole bunch of Tomb Raider games for PC, and it was the same price as a single one of them for the Xbox One. The comments in the thread were just a bunch of people commenting on them buying Tomb Raider on some Steam sale.

Maybe I just happened to look at reddit at a good time. I'll take a look at it every now and again for a week or so and maybe I'll understand your point of view better, but right now I really see you as the bullies and PCMR as the bullied.

First think I thought of when I saw the news was why.

@LAwLz

Well I never claimed they don't discuss anything else there. My claims was that they treat console players and those who like consoles more than PCs as trash, and will actually call them peasants with utmost honesty in believing they truly are better (it isn't just that subreddit; some people here believe it too). You will see those types of the threads as well, but generally they really are right assholes. I think you are seeing one of the better days. If not, in the past three months they have undergo a radical and positive change. I have personally seen their attacks as a common thing, as I'm sure some of the people here have too.

Maybe you can try posting a thread explaining, even if you don't personally believe it, why you like the console more and that you think it is better. Don't be insulting or demeaning towards PC people or the PC, and watch what happens. The "go play in the mud, worthless peasant" or "you're just poor" shtako will flood the thread. Or do some google searches for all the examples that exist.

This isn't something I nor others have simply imagined. It happens. A lot. So it isn't that there aren't nice ones there or that they don't spend their hours on reddit making fun of console players, just that most of truly believing that they are better than the console players.

@ComradeHX

Oooh, you certainly proved me wrong with that picture. :rolleyes:

What does other threads being there and created for have to do with proving they aren't so anti-console that they treat people like garbage? No one ever said they don't talk about anything else there or that anti-console discussion is what they ONLY do. The fact that they go around calling people peasants and acting better than them is true, whether it is acknowledged or not.

Bait? If you can't answer it, just say that because it wasn't a terrible question, it was a valid one. You claim that PC Master Race started as people saying the PC is a better platform, not better as a gaming platform. I want to know why you and the PCMR people think it is valid to compare a multiple purpose platform to a device created just gaming (would make FAR more sense if it was being compared gaming vs gaming) at a cheaper cost (though that is arguable lately). If it isn't about gaming, why in the world do you (?) and PCMR people think it is even remotely logical to compare the two? Otherwise, apples and oranges.

But you're right. PCMasterRace people are mostly nice, unless you don't "admit" the PC is better. Than you get treated like shtako. ^_^

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

@ComradeHX

Oooh, you certainly proved me wrong with that picture. :rolleyes:

What does other threads being there and created for have to do with proving they aren't so anti-console that they treat people like garbage? No one ever said they don't talk about anything else there or that anti-console discussion is what they ONLY do. The fact that they go around calling people peasants and acting better than them is true, whether it is acknowledged or not.

Bait? If you can't answer it, just say that because it wasn't a terrible question, it was a valid one. You claim that PC Master Race started as people saying the PC is a better platform, not better as a gaming platform. I want to know why you and the PCMR people think it is valid to compare a multiple purpose platform to a device created just gaming (would make FAR more sense if it was being compared gaming vs gaming) at a cheaper cost (though that is arguable lately). If it isn't about gaming, why in the world do you (?) and PCMR people think it is even remotely logical to compare the two? Otherwise, apples and oranges.

But you're right. PCMasterRace people are mostly nice, unless you don't "admit" the PC is better. Than you get treated like shtako. ^_^

I didn't need to disprove a point that you never had.  I was proving that I do read the subreddit.

You need to prove your own claims.

That was not my claim, that was your claim or at least your poor interpretation of my post. Loaded question won't be answered.  Like I said, bait not taken.  

Again, gaming PC -> built to play games but can do other things.  Consoles -> built to play games but can do other things(clearly neither as many not as well as PC).  I have already posted this before; you, however, have conveniently ignored that part of my post.

In addition, current gen console is on x86 and uses mostly standard PC hardware(although underpowered for current resolution/fps/graphical fidelity standards); that's the reason why PCMR became so popular in the last year or two.

If you don't believe PC is superior; you will be educated, facts will be presented.  You are only truly called peasant if you are ignorant and cannot think...which is fair, by the way.

Again, prove your claim.  I've proved mine: I do read PCMR subreddit and I find that the most popular posts to be mostly free of the "elitism" you implied.

If you can't back up your claim(btw, anecdote does not count), simple; stop posting crap like that and people will leave you alone.

Btw, here is one post of someone actually claiming he's not convinced PC is better:

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/26kjqf/im_not_convinced_pc_gaming_is_better/

The response is in direct conflict with your claims.

If you still think people are attacked because "they prefer consoles" then you have misunderstood.

The "I own a gaming PC but I prefer console" thing is a common "argument" on youtube comments: where people(peasants) grab their non-functional 8-year-old laptops(or an expensive, shitty, alienware with a GT 640 or something) and say they have seen it(PC gaming) all.  Those are the ones who got "attacked."(with facts and satire)

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Since it is the PCMR YouTube channel what 's the chances people are going to upload footage that's at 144p and super bad? 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Since it is the PCMR YouTube channel what 's the chances people are going to upload footage that's at 144p and super bad? 

100% if someone is making a video to show you typical example of console gameplay.

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

100% if someone is making a video to show you typical example of console gameplay.

What's the chances the owner of the channel will disappear from le reddit *tips* and just turn it into a Minecraft channel?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

What's the chances the owner of the channel will disappear from le reddit *tips* and just turn it into a Minecraft channel?

What owner of the channel?

What owner of the channel?

Isn't the PCMR YT channel owned by one person?

Isn't the PCMR YT channel owned by one person?

One guy made it.

Many people will be selected to add videos to it.

24 hours ago... I made this thread thinking that people would just go, Oh cool no one cares.

That wasn't the case. At all.

I was also going to post a status update before, I am glad I didn't. I am actually really happy that I didn't Lol

Its amazing how much this blew up. 

Here is a list of common fallacies. Which ones have you used today?

as much as i love how pcmr loves linus and the way they present pc as an elitist platform,i hate the subreddit somewhat they are a bunch of high egoed individuals and i wont care about their yt channel ....... no need to abuse those who own a low end pc the sidebar does way you dont need a high end rig but the community kinda abuses those with a low end rig and also produces to much hate towards console users,yes even i hate console users but that dosent mean one should go on a shitpost and abuse train against them i kinda find the masterrace nazi and fascist/communist type ....... i think pcmr is nothing but shame to the pc gaming community potraying the whole community in a bad light as an egoistic nazi regime 

It's a freaking SATTIRE get over it, PCMR is sattire you know that right ??????? nazi regime ?? then I think your included in the Holocaust.

Forward to ~15:00 you will know what PCMR is about. 

@mr moose

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

You too Nup?

Awww :#

Im the only one that like the sub.

I like it too, it helps me to get away of peasantry. 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

It's a freaking SATTIRE get over it, PCMR is sattire you know that right ??????? nazi regime ?? then I think your included in the Holocaust.

Forward to ~15:00 you will know what PCMR is about. 

@mr moose

+1.

It's funny how many people think it's okay to talk about stuff they don't understand just because it's about a subreddit with a satirical name.

+1.

It's funny how many people think it's okay to talk about stuff they don't understand just because it's about a subreddit with a satirical name.

You guys at PCMR are childish, very rude and assholes, it this really how you want to represent PC to console players ???? you are assholes *people how know nothing will comment*

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

That entire thing is one of the most autistic, vomit-inducing, cringe-worthiest things I have ever seen in my life.

"Must pray to GabeN?"

Fucking kill me.

People seriously 'worship' business men now who live to make money out of you?

That entire thing is one of th most autistic, vomit-inducing, cringe-worthiest things I have ever seen in my life.

"Must pray to GabeN?"

Fucking kill me.

But Gabe is a great guy, you've got to admit he's a lot better than others. From time to time I see him reply to users on steam, when he does he seems like a really down to earth kind of guy. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

That entire thing is one of th most autistic, vomit-inducing, cringe-worthiest things I have ever seen in my life.

"Must pray to GabeN?"

Fucking kill me.

The joke flew right over your head.

At least Gabe Newell responds to e-mails of gamers; it makes him a lot closer to gamers than his counterpart in other companies.

http://i.imgur.com/GfqqhZE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nluQ0tw.png?1

http://imgur.com/8o3txYN

http://i.imgur.com/atpTq5Q.png

Valve isn't perfect; Gabe Newell isn't perfect.

But Gabe Newell is a lot better than others(such as Yves Guillemot - the guy who claimed over 90% of PC gamers are pirates).

Yeah, wondering this myself.

This trash has nothing to do with tech news.

This stuff gets posted anyway: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/305204-gawker-ruins-cokes-internet-kindness-campaign-by-making-it-tweet-hitler-quotes/

PC = tech

PCMR = promoter of PC platform.

It's related and it's news whether you like it or not.

That entire thing is one of the most autistic, vomit-inducing, cringe-worthiest things I have ever seen in my life.

"Must pray to GabeN?"

Fucking kill me.

It's a sattire but I bet you know that, maybe some people worship gaben -people worship cows too-, I don't PCMR users do

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

-snip-

yeah it's actually a really strange community someday there is people that just kill everything with really bad jokes and console bashing but most of the time it's really legit place