PCMR is launching a YouTube channel soon

UltraNeonGaming

it gets right to the point, without the wall of text. If i am to get his argument straight. It is that in his personal experience, he has seen endless childish, hateful, blah blah. I ask, point me or anyone else in the direction of these posts in the sub. He says no, he doesnt have to. So how can i engage in proper debate with that? Explain pls

You can start by not being a dick.

Read the CoC

You can start by not being a dick.

Read the CoC

done. Now explain, or stop backseat-modding.

If you have an issue with the nature of my post. These forums has the proper channels in place to file a report. Go on, do the right thing. Report the post.

SPAAAAAACE!!!

done. Now explain, or stop backseat-modding.

If you have an issue with the nature of my post. These forums has the proper channels in place to file a report. Go on, do the right thing. Report the post.

I hate reporting, but if I need to I will.

I'm just trying to help you out; I would personally like to see mature debates and discussions. You're not promoting a friendly atmosphere with the way you're posting.

I hate reporting, but if I need to I will.

I'm just trying to help you out; I would personally like to see mature debates and discussions. You're not promoting a friendly atmosphere with the way you're posting.

i would like to see those sorts of debate too. But making wild claims about a community, then when asked to back it up with easily optainable examples from the sub.. they refuse? Thats when i give up. If i ask for example(s) because your claims are questionable and you refuse, the debate ended. what are we going to talk about next, the weather?

SPAAAAAACE!!!

-snip-

Your comments are a waste of space

space

SPPPPAAAAAAAAAACE!

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

i would like to see those sorts of debate too. But making wild claims about a community, then when asked to back it up with easily optainable examples from the sub.. they refuse? Thats when i give up. If i ask for example(s) because your claims are questionable and you refuse, the debate ended. what are we going to talk about next, the weather?

You're not paying attention to the posts. I'll reiterate, again.

There are an outspoken few (so to speak) that go on tirades about how PC is the superior gaming experience, and anyone who doesn't own a high-end PC is a peasant, period. They call people who prefer consoles peasants, without explaining anything in a rational and mature manner; it's uncalled for and disrespectful.

For me personally, it got to the point where I just didn't want to see it anymore, so I unsubbed from the subreddit.

Is this easy to understand? Or are we going to go through more pages of senseless posts with your dank maymays as responses? :)

It's really quite simple.  Judging by the responses to this thread, it is fair to say that I am not the only person who views some of the PCMR activity as being childish and insulting.  To deny this like it doesn't happen or is o.k is not logical, people are entitled to believe it if they want but it is an irrational position to take.  Clearly if you call someone a peasant it will be construed as insulting.  I for the life of me cannot think any opinion that cannot be expressed, argued, or debated without insults. 

When a group of people laying claim to any organization, group or entity start making statements and claims that are derogatory in any way, this reflects on the group they claim to be apart of, This happens, it's a part of human social constructs and to deny that is illogical. 

No body needs to prove anything here, no body is making claims that lie outside the immediately observable.  It is purely a discussion on the PCMR, the fact some people feel they need proof before they accept what most people already know goes beyond comprehension.  labeling a half a dozens peoples first hand experience as "wild claims" bears no requirement for an unobtainable research report into a largely subjective case.

I don't think I can put this much more succinctly.  If people can't accept that the PCMR is being viewed by some (if not many) as a has been that has turned into a children's mud slinging match then there is little hope for rational debate.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

@mr moose

You're not paying attention to the posts. I'll reiterate, again.

There are an outspoken few (so to speak) that go on tirades about how PC is the superior gaming experience, and anyone who doesn't own a high-end PC is a peasant, period. They call people who prefer consoles peasants, without explaining anything in a rational and mature manner; it's uncalled for and disrespectful.

For me personally, it got to the point where I just didn't want to see it anymore, so I unsubbed from the subreddit.

Is this easy to understand? Or are we going to go through more pages of senseless posts with your dank maymays as responses? :)

fine look, i get it. You're a sensitive person. I think i know a guy like that irl. He's actually a pretty nice guy.

SPAAAAAACE!!!

@mr moose

fine look, i get it. You're a sensitive person. I think i know a guy like that irl. He's actually a pretty nice guy.

You're still missing the point and not comprehending anything I'm saying. Lol.

You're still missing the point and not comprehending anything I'm saying. Lol.

sure man, sure.

SPAAAAAACE!!!

Then you don't understand.

The term "PC Gaming(remember this part) Master Race" was satire at first.

PCMR(notice that it is without "Gaming" part) is different;

It was never about people being better; it was always about superiority of PC as a platform, not just for gaming.

Of course, many people, such as certain individuals on this forum, believe and tell others otherwise because they needed something to despise/feel better about self with.

PCMR also stood for truth; naturally, some people spreading bullshit about PCMR will be flamed...but that is to be expected if anyone spreads bullshit on internet.

Oh yes, I'm sure "certain" people on this forum just want something to despise. It isn't really about the majority of the PCMR people being idiots that actually believes they are better than other people for their choices. -_-

How is there a superiority between them then when PCMR wasn't about comparing and determining which was better as a gaming platform but as a platform altogether? How can you logically compare and determine which is better at something when one or the other wasn't even built for the same purposes as the other? :huh:  It is like comparing apples and oranges. So the comparison is even more impractical if the whole PC vs Console isn't even about which is better as a gaming platform.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Oh yes, I'm sure "certain" people on this forum just want something to despise. It isn't really about the majority of the PCMR people being idiots that actually believes they are better than other people for their choices. -_-

How is there a superiority between them then when PCMR wasn't about comparing and determining which was better as a gaming platform but as a platform altogether? How can you logically compare and determine which is better at something when one or the other wasn't even built for the same purposes as the other? :huh:  It is like comparing apples and oranges. So the comparison is even more impractical if the whole PC vs Console isn't even about which is better as a gaming platform.

So you claim that majority of PCMR people being idiots who actually believe they are better than other people for their choices?

Prove it.

Prove to me that more than 150k people are who you claim them to be.

People who built PC to play games have PC that is built to play games(that also does other things that a PC does).

People who bought console(of this generation) have basically computers that are using mostly standard hardware, on x86, that are built to play games but can do other things...

Consoles don't do as much as PC in gaming AND outside gaming.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

So you claim that majority of PCMR people being idiots who actually believe they are better than other people for their choices?

Prove it.

Prove to me that more than 150k people are who you claim them to be.

Go to the subreddit and read it.

If you can't do that or notice their behavior, or some of the people here who honestly believe in it (one of them on this very forum told me "it isn't elitism if it is true."), then I can't help you.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I understand some people like it, that's not the discussion,  no one has even insinuated that people shouldn't like it. The fact of the matter is people find it offensive and view it as childish,  You can say it's not, but then you would be trying to argue against the "subjective" argument you just posted.

There are two angles you can approach this statement.

1. So long as you are happy to wear the consequences of your actions, then you may subscribe to that ideology.

2. It is poor a poor argument the relies on insults.  There is a big difference between saying something you believe to be true and needs to be said, and saying something because you know it will offend someone and that's your intention.

As I said above, it's only the problem of the person being insulted if they are putting themselves in a position to be offended,  if the person doing the insulting is intentionally setting out to be offensive then one could argue they have no sound basis for their opinion (other than to offend) and they are intentionally making it difficult for others.  This whole PCMR thing isn't just limited to reddit.  It's on nearly every forum and tech related site.  

All the technicalities aside what ever happened to human decency? You know, be considerate of others.  Until someone actually does something to warrant being insulted why would the default position be to offend them?

Thats exactly my point you find it childish I dont .

Different strokes and so on.

Letss pull up a random post from the front page:

Random post from the front page

DwWqCNa.png

Its mostly things like that and Gabe Newell/Steam circlejerk.

If you can't do that or notice their behavior, or some of the people here who honestly believe in it (one of them on this very forum told me "it isn't elitism if it is true."), then I can't help you.

I actually do read it.

And I find the exact opposite.

People are not worse than PCMR because PCMR plays on PC; certain people are referred to as peasants because they literally are worse, not because of their decision but because of the bullshit they spread on internet(you are defined as peasant if you believe consoles are objectively better than PC; otherwise you are not a peasant even if you don't own PC but owns consoles instead).

I didn't know some people on this forum consists of 150k people on a subreddit.

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Thats exactly my point you find it childish I dont .

Different strokes and so on.

Letss pull up a random post from the front page:

Random post from the front page

Its mostly things like that and Gabe Newell/Steam circlejerk.

Not too sure what your trying to add with this post.

I just did that,  I am lost for words,  The only answer I have is this: http://www.academia.edu/4800721/Said_it_and_Reddit_An_Examination_of_Online_Narratives_and_Self-Disclosure

Quite a telling look at the psychology of reddit users. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I actually do read it.

And I find the exact opposite.

People are not worse than PCMR because PCMR plays on PC; certain people are referred to as peasants because they literally are worse, not because of their decision but because of the bullshit they spread on internet(you are defined as peasant if you believe consoles are objectively better than PC; otherwise you are not a peasant even if you don't own PC but owns consoles instead).

No you don't read it or you would agree. Otherwise you are purposely ignoring their behavior and that it is the majority of them. And okay, it seems my question about comparing (as it is impractical) went unnoticed. Whatever.

So you are saying they only call people peasants and believe they are better if the "peasants" like the consoles more or prefer them more to PCs and spread that "bullshit" around. They won't be referred to as low class beings or treated terribly if they just admit who is and what is better than what they are or what they like.

I'm not seeing how this is proving your point. Still sounds like a whole of bunch of Nazis to me. -_-

I just did that,  I am lost for words,  The only answer I have is this: http://www.academia.edu/4800721/Said_it_and_Reddit_An_Examination_of_Online_Narratives_and_Self-Disclosure

Quite a telling look at the psychology of reddit users. 

Sometimes I read reddit and wonder how they function given the shear stupidity. Poor guys. :unsure:

I really don't care. I never bother with the subreddit, so I'll almost certainly never bother with their YouTube channel.

About sums it up ^^ 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

No you don't read it or you would agree. Otherwise you are purposely ignoring their behavior and that it is the majority of them. And okay, it seems my question about comparing (as it is impractical) went unnoticed. Whatever.

So you are saying they only call people peasants and believe they are better if the "peasants" like the consoles more or prefer them more to PCs and spread that "bullshit" around. They won't be referred to as low class beings or treated terribly if they just admit who is and what is better than what they are or what they like.

I'm not seeing how this is proving your point. Still sounds like a whole of bunch of Nazis to me. -_-

Nothing went unnoticed; you simply made a terrible question.

"How is there a superiority between them then when PCMR wasn't about comparing and determining which was better as a gaming platform but as a platform altogether?"

Your bait wasn't taken, sorry.

Trying to dodge burden of proof won't help your "argument."

You can't give any proof anyway.

Because here are some of more popular posts recently:

Do tell me how "most" people believe in what you think they believe in.e2pQdVE.png

You too Nup?

Awww :#

Im the only one that like the sub.

Yeah, sorry :P.... 

Well PCMR stuff is funny, I love it in the old Yatzhee video, and the causal jokes here. 

But it's the way people use it that it gets under my skin... :P They really start to think pc is the only viable gaming system and get up on their high horses. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

You too Nup?

Awww :#

Im the only one that like the sub.

Just out of curiosity, how much of the CMR subreddit is satirical? Because the stupidity I'm witnessing is killing me.

Edit: for example-post-155575-0-97914700-1423220343_thumb.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Random thought. Why do we say 4K? Why don't we just say 2160p?

marketing my guess

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4