Cannabis Legalisation

fruit loops are my kink

its interesting you say that because apparently there is a new drug test in California i believe that actually tells the difference between driving while stoned and having small doses of THC (The main compound in cannabis that causes a 'high') in your system so if that was adopted worldwide then it couldnt really impact drivers

I'll believe it when i see it

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Cannabis is not a stimulant.

It can be harmful to your health, yes. Some people, with propensity for mental illness can be triggered by cannabis use. Cannabis, on it's own, does not CAUSE paranoia, mental illness, ... Cannabis, as well as all other smoked medias, IS harmful for the lungs and other airways. Cannabis does have good side effects for the treatment of various psychological and physical conditions like PTSD, Parkinson's, ...

i have to disagree with you there as studies have been found that cannabis can IMPROVE overall lung health and reduce and reverse carcinogenic effects of tobacco smoking. link can be found here if anyone is interested :) http://healthland.time.com/2012/01/10/study-smoking-marijuana-not-linked-with-lung-damage/

Source for that 70% statement?

It was 60% 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/10/06/AR2009100603847.html

ore than 60 percent of the cartels' revenue -- $8.6 billion out of $13.8 billion in 2006 -- came from U.S. marijuana sales, according to the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy.

Old numbers however.

The issue is that theres going to be stoners that claim it does magic, 

and theres going to be people that hate it solely because it was illegal before. some people cant handle any change. 

even if it does hurt you, if it does less harm then alcohol, then why not. If it can bring millions into the gov to help with the deficient, and help schools, then why the hell not?

Why is it illegal in the first place?

I read cannabis as canabalism.....

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Its illegal because america isnt the land of the free and you are just as free as the politicians deem you to be.

Its all an ilusion.

Its decriminalized in my country meaning you cant get arrested , you will however go to drug conseling if you get caught.

Its illegal because america isnt the land of the free and you are just as free as the politicians deem you to be.

Its all an ilusion.

Its decriminalized in my country meaning you cant get arrested , you will however go to drug conseling if you get caught.

wish it was like that here

but seriously, do you people believe that it should be made legal worldwide. because personally i think it could be a great benefit for many patients suffering from alzheimers, crohn's disease, PTSD, Glaucoma anomg other things. also it would bring a wealth of money into the economy as well as jobs for people in that industry as well as keeping money out of criminal hands and also keeping weed out of the hands of children. so many positives for it and yet people are afraid of something they dont fully understand. I mean the rumour about it being a "Gateway Drug" is a load of shit. just because people hear psychoactive effect they go crazy thinking they'll do acid or something. but thats like saying people who drink are more prone to doing magic mushrooms because both of them are poisons. which could classify alcohol as a "Gateway Drug". what do you guys think? am i making sense or am i just rambling?

Becouse Obama is osama bin laden

Easy on the crack there bro.

I actually agree with you on legalizing all narcotics. As an adult if you make the conscious decision to subject yourself to that, it should be your choice, however you are still held completely responsible for your actions even when under the influence of that narcotic.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Easy on the crack there bro.

I actually agree with you on legalizing all narcotics. As an adult if you make the conscious decision to subject yourself to that, it should be your choice, however you are still held completely responsible for your actions even when under the influence of that narcotic.

well I wouldn't be so sure on legalizing ALL narcotics as some have no real benefit. I mean If a person goes into a Pharmacy and buys some over the counter heroin then they ruin their life when they take it due to its major addictiveness and it could cause the death of said individual. Some narcotics such as magic mushrooms might have some kind of medicinal benefit as a recent study shows it may help tobacco users kick their addiction yet I personally would not like to try them. so perhaps some narcotics may be useful with prescription only perhaps so I kind of agree with you but i personally would not like all narcotics to be legalised

well I wouldn't be so sure on legalizing ALL narcotics as some have no real benefit. I mean If a person goes into a Pharmacy and buys some over the counter heroin then they ruin their life when they take it due to its major addictiveness and it could cause the death of said individual. Some narcotics such as magic mushrooms might have some kind of medicinal benefit as a recent study shows it may help tobacco users kick their addiction yet I personally would not like to try them. so perhaps some narcotics may be useful with prescription only perhaps so I kind of agree with you but i personally would not like all narcotics to be legalised

You could make all of those claims of alcohol as well.

Some times its not about making the right choice for the people, but about allowing the people to make the right choice.

I am very much a supporter of personal freedom, including your freedom to make poor choices, as long as you are making the choices.

In the same way that I am against motorcycle helmet laws, but always wear a helmet when I'm on my motorcycles.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

i dont really think it should be legal, but then again, i dont think cigarrets should be legal either.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Edit: Its not anymore harmful than many legal street drugs. (Tobacco and alcohol)

How about the state stops being greedy and makes tobacco illegal?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

unfortunately it would not make as much money off taxes as people think, because its a gateway drug and there are plenty of morons who would be more likely to take the next step and end up in hospital, which i would end up paying for as a tax payer. also i people on benefits already have enough things to spend there money on without having this as well. all that tax they make off alcohol and fags that people on benefits buy is going straight back to the government. also you'll end up like the guy off scary movie and i can't stand him :/  

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Legalize it, Regulate it and tax it.

God, I love Scandinavians. Why can't we have more of this thinking stateside?

You have to trust people with the decisions they make for their own lives. You need to educate people correctly about drugs, (not overhyping how addictive any given drug is which is quite common) then you need to let them decide for themselves whether or not they want to use drugs. More importantly you need to educate people about how dangerous guns are but that's far too taboo for the US. Heaven forbid you tell people how dangerous owning a gun is statistically speaking.

unfortunately it would not make as much money off taxes as people think, because its a gateway drug and there are plenty of morons who would be more likely to take the next step and end up in hospital, which i would end up paying for as a tax payer.

You'll end up paying more for their prison time. Gateway drug theory has been disproven several times. It's bullshit.

Weed is illegal in the US because for a long time it was mostly the drug of persons of color, and it's just one more cog in a giant machine designed to take away the rights of anyone who isn't white by putting them in jail. There's a reason marijuana is a schedule 1 drug while cocaine is schedule 2 and it's not because weed is more dangerous.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /