Adobe Suing Forever 21 for Pirating Photoshop

algoat

Maybe because they think Adobe charges too much, but that doesn't make it right though.

nah, there's a way for me to get discounts 

Maybe adobe could make their stuff NOT ridiculously expensive. Not saying that I pirate it though, I just use free (and sometimes better) alternatives like GIMP

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

why did you change the post?

Because I only needed the part that I was replying to, that's why.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Adobe has a generated key in every saved file, so if they look at a pdf or illustrator file etc, they know what the original serial number was that generated the file along with other details...

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

Maybe because they think Adobe charges too much, but that doesn't make it right though.

Adobe charges the amount they do because they expect to make nearly all of their money on companies like Forever 21, who are more than able to buy it, and not people using it at home. They expect people at home to pirate it, so people can learn how to use it and keep their user base higher than that of any other competing software. Autodesk does exactly the same thing. 

EDIT: Sorry if that's a little difficult to read. I'm not the most able writer. 

great they are suing forever 21 since they turn nice women into w***** by selling all kinds of explict clothing 

edit:those who think adobe stuff is overprice nope its not..... the amount of time and effort put in by devlopers to make software's like ps etc is too damn high learn to respect devs by not pirating so that corporations make money and devs dont starve 

Nothing wrong about showing off what you got. ;)

thats morally wrong,remember no one respects a hoe ..... 

What's morally wrong, a girl enjoying their body or enjoying sex? I don't see the problem with any of those things.

Adobe charges the amount they do because they expect to make nearly all of their money on companies like Forever 21, who are more than able to buy it, and not people using it at home. They expect people at home to pirate it, so people can learn how to use it and keep their user base higher than that of any other competing software. Autodesk does exactly the same thing.

Right, gotcha!

EDIT: Sorry if that's a little difficult to read. I'm not the most able writer.

No worries mate! You did good. Perfectly readable.....unless you've got your eyes closed. LOL :D

enjoying sex or enjoying their body isnt wrong when done correctly but hoeing around is f21 inspires females to dress in a slutty way 

ps: i dont give a shit since its their choice,but it leaves good guys like me single who wont do morally downgraded women 

You're just perpetuating a stigma that needs to go away. If you're single it's not because of the way women dress.

One question, how did they find out ????

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Are you high?

possibly

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

yes it is because of the way women dress,girls in my high school dont dress maturely and i dont do skank's thus i haven't asked a girl i find nice yet 

Actually, reading this post and your last post, the problem is entirely with you, not anyone else.

The garment and apparel industry is the epitome of corporate greed and labor exploitation. They make huge margins on the BOM costs and multi-level marketing schemes and have absolutely no excuse doing this petty software pirating. <_<

For those wondering; yes, Forever 21 is a clothing shop/place. A very shitty, overpriced place to buy pre-ripped crap and nasty smelling perfume.

thats morally wrong,remember no one respects a hoe ..... 

I wouldn't say how she is dressed makes her a "hoe".

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

F21 go pay back the damages..... Adobe deserves to have it paid back.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

For those wondering; yes, Forever 21 is a clothing shop/place. A very shitty, overpriced place to buy pre-ripped crap and nasty smelling perfume.

WOW! Albatross. Remind me to never get on your bad side. :o LOL

WOW! Albatross. Remind me to never get on your bad side. :o LOL

Don't worry, I'm not mad or able to easily be angered. I am just describing their merchandise honestly^_^ 

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Don't worry, I'm not mad or able to easily be angered. I am just describing their merchandise honestly. ^_^

Haha, it's alright! :)

If you're going to pirate Adobe software to have a play with it, and see if you can do anything interesting with it, and see if you have any talent as a digital artist... fine, I guess.

But if you're going to be using the software seriously, in a professional capacity, and making money from the use of the software, then I feel your obligation to not pirate it goes up. Also, successful companies might be an easier target for piracy lost revenue recovery, since they undoubtedly have enough money to pay for the software. ...but on the other hand, they'll have a team of lawyers to slow down Adobe's claims as much as possible.

As for the cost of the software... $50 (?) per month, for 2 years, with 63 "seats".... works out to be about $75000. The OP says Forever21 has revenues of $3.9 billion... not sure what I can expect their profit to be.

Yeah Adobe, if you want to sue "legit" business that pirate your crap you'd find that maybe 70% of all mexican businesses pirated that shit AND windows and everything else altogether. Good luck litigating that here though.

-------

Current Rig

-------

lol!!

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Overpriced or not this is retarded,id get it if a small company tries to produce some small games or edit a few photo products for their website to get on their feet and pirates the software,but a multibillion company,and its from america,definately retarded.

If you think Photoshop is overpriced (At a mere $10 a month for both Lightroom and Photoshop) then please, make an equally comparable photo editing program and give it away for free. Please, go ahead. Btw, it much be equally powerful as Photoshop, the UI can't suck and it must be intuitive (otherwise artists will stick with PS). You can't point to GIMP because it falls flat in both of those areas. Also, don't forget yearly updates plus make sure it runs smoothly.

yeah the software will cost an arm and leg but f21 can easily buy it and earn their money back in no time.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list