Adobe Suing Forever 21 for Pirating Photoshop

algoat

thats morally wrong,remember no one respects a hoe ..... 

I respect people who are confident about their bodies

Adobe charges the amount they do because they expect to make nearly all of their money on companies like Forever 21, who are more than able to buy it, and not people using it at home. They expect people at home to pirate it, so people can learn how to use it and keep their user base higher than that of any other competing software. Autodesk does exactly the same thing. 

EDIT: Sorry if that's a little difficult to read. I'm not the most able writer. 

Oh god yea autodesk. You can get it for free if you say you're a student. No verification required. It's only for 3 years but whatever, make a new burner email every 3 years

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

what if every other company did this. O.o.......................................................

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

I respect people who are confident about their bodies

Oh god yea autodesk. You can get it for free if you say you're a student. No verification required. It's only for 3 years but whatever, make a new burner email every 3 years

I didn't even bother making new accounts. I'd just download the newer version of Maya and get a new 3 year licence. :P

Saw this yesterday. Adobe's shit (and Sony Vegas) are fucking overpriced. I might have done things to get Vegas 12 (hint: TPB).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Forever 21 is shitty clothing anyway

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

They have billions of dollars and they can't buy the software?

Greed can be a bitch.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

as much as I dislike adobe they have a right to sie forever 21 for this they are in breach of a copyright

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

why hint and hide piracy...be open about it 

The only way I could have made that more obvious would be if I flat out told you I pirated it...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

They have the right to sue. They wouldn't do it unless they had the evidence and could profit or cut losses from doing so.

At least Adobe doesn't sue individual pirates for non commercial use.

If it was worth their time, I am sure that they would.

Adobe can fuck off, their products are overpriced anyway.

Name one equivalent to Photoshop... You can't. Their products are appropriately priced. Especially if you're a business.

Name one equivalent to Photoshop... You can't. Their products are appropriately priced. Especially if you're a business.

There's no equivalent. If you have a lot of time and not quite professional needs you could do things with Gimp which is what I use to edit skyrim mods, pics, etc.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Probably because a company that can clearly afford Adobe's product is stealing it.

They aren't stealing it, they are infringing copyright.

its fine to state that one has pirated stuff until and unless you post a direct link to the content

Nope:

6. Piracy, Copyright Material, Cracks and Product Keys

"Copyright Material" is any material protected by legally recognized copyright;

"Piracy" is the unauthorized copying of software or any material subject to copyright;

"Cracks" are programs that disable copy-protection technology;

A "Key" is a combination of numbers and/or letters required for software installation.

You may not request, distribute, link to or enable any activities which involve the procurement or distribution of pirated software, product cracks or keys or the supply, exchange or distribution of any copyright material including TV recordings. Doing so may result in the termination of your account without notice. In addition, any of the following violations are grounds for action being taken on your post and/or account:

Seeking help to create or find cracks.

Seeking missing files that are supplied with copyrighted installation CD(s)

Admitting to being involved in the distribution of copyrighted software/media, cracks and product keys.

Requesting or discussing the trade, sale, exchange or supply of any copyrighted material including (but not limited) to TV recordings, DVDs, movies, music, software etc.

Identifying torrents sources or websites where copyright material may be obtained.

Provide or request login details for restricted websites.

Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of our management.

-------

Current Rig

-------

They aren't stealing it, they are infringing copyright.

That's up for debate.

That's up for debate.

Actually not really, he's right. I get that some might morally equate copyright infringement with theft but there's very good legal reasons why they're classified differently. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

Actually not really, he's right. I get that some might morally equate copyright infringement with theft but there's very good legal reasons why they're classified differently.

I know by law it's considered copyright infringement, but it may as well be theft since they're using a product without paying for it. That's just how I see it anyways.

I know by law it's considered copyright infringement, but it may as well be theft since they're using a product without paying for it. That's just how I see it anyways.

I know and I'm not defending the practice (though there are particularly good cases like irrational region locking, censorship or abandonware) but I always disliked that analogy. To me it should be more akin to cheating on a test: you're getting your grade without effort and at someone else's expense, but that person isn't denied of his effort because of it.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I know and I'm not defending the practice (though there are particularly good cases like irrational region locking, censorship or abandonware) but I always disliked that analogy.

If it was a case of someone not being able to legitimately make the purchase, then I'd understand since everything is a grey area anyways and practically nothing like this has a definitive answer.

To me it should be more akin to cheating on a test: you're getting your grade without effort and at someone else's expense, but that person isn't denied of his effort because of it.

Makes sense.

What a petulant response. 

Adobe products are overpriced to those who don't actually need them. To those who simply think they want them. Especially the morons who go around pirating CS6 Master Collections under the pathetic rational of "but its too expensive and I need it for my shitty photography"

A fashion company pirating a piece of software that even under volume licensing for business costs pennies is pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. 

Adobe doesn't care that some jerkoff pirates their software and uses it. They care once that jerkoff starts using their products for commercial gain, and anyone who is worth their weight in talent (and the projects they can do) will simply buy their products anyways as its a kick in the bucket compared to what they make in income. 

Adobe gets pissed when large companies like this pirate their software. Companies who can clearly afford it. Forever 21 can't afford Photoshop and Illustrator? 

Not a reason to pirate the said software, especially being a corporation... 

To be fair, I don't find CC for 20$/month (there's also 10$/month Photoshop/Lightroom) that expensive and they make good software. IMHO, it could be cheaper, but usually people who pay it have a need for it and free software can be as good for people who do not want to pay; their products being targeted at prosumers and professionals.

Intel Core i7-5820k @ 4,6Ghz; Asus X99 Deluxe; GSkill Ripjaws 4 (4x4) 2400Mhz; MSi GTX 980 Reference @ 1.4Ghz; CM V700; Phanteks Enthoo Luxe; Windows 8.1 Pro

Suing a company that sells shit clothes for shit girls with shit taste. This raises the bar.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Suing a company that sells shit clothes for shit girls with shit taste. This raises the bar.

How to tell when a man doesn't know how to engage with women, nicely done. I'm sure you dress like a GQ model. Shits girls with shit taste? Damn, I didn't know clothing had become so black and white all of a sudden. 

Not a reason to pirate the said software, especially being a corporation... 

To be fair, I don't find CC for 20$/month (there's also 10$/month Photoshop/Lightroom) that expensive and they make good software. IMHO, it could be cheaper, but usually people who pay it have a need for it and free software can be as good for people who do not want to pay; their products being targeted at prosumers and professionals.

Their legacy software can be had for very cheap as well. CS2 is available on their own site for free for crying out loud, which is enough for a lot of people. 

They offer a subscription plan as cheap as $10/month for access to their tools.  How is that too expensive?  

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti