Adobe Suing Forever 21 for Pirating Photoshop

algoat

Yeah and no Linux support those assholes

There is no point in spending millions and hiring a staff for a couple thousand people who will actually purchase it for linux. It would be a waste. Think! 

63 different instances 

thats not millions,  worth.

You don't understand how lawsuits work if you believe that. Adobe has multiple approaches. They can say those 63 instances were used for multiple people, each of whom would have needed legal purchases, meaning there's a lot more than 63 counts of a purchase missing.

But by far the bigger one is when companies illegally use something to make their money, they can be sued for damages and compensation. If adobe sued for even a measly 1% compensation from Forever 21's revenue, that's 30 million dollars. And will be a lot more than 1%. And rightfully so.

For a business Creative cloud suite is 50$ a month per person, that is nothing in a large business. Get over it pirate. Forever 21 will make billions using their software illegally and you think Adobe should get nothing? 

CC runs between 10-50 a year overall. Adobe might have further special plans for volume licenses for business but come on, thats PENNIES on the hourly salary of the designers and graphic artists you pay to use this stuff anyways. 

People just need any pathetic reason to be pirates. 

You don't understand how lawsuits work if you believe that. Adobe has multiple approaches. They can say those 63 instances were used for multiple people, each of whom would have needed legal purchases, meaning there's a lot more than 63 counts of a purchase missing.

But by far the bigger one is when companies illegally use something to make their money, they can be sued for damages and compensation. If adobe sued for even a measly 1% compensation from Forever 21's revenue, that's 30 million dollars. And will be a lot more than 1%. And rightfully so.

we were talking about the cost to forever 21 to simply buy  adobe products compared to the cost of there legal team, not the cost that adobe might sue them for

So a professional should pay a professional tax? Without advanced or super awesome and hard to do features this is all you're talking about. I get the premium price for a premium feature thing sure, but that's hardly what goes on here and it's more akin to what I call it: a professional tax.

Like I said the reality is that Adobe or Autodesk get to charge a lot because there's no real alternatives, it has nothing to do with the features or how complex the software is, it's plain supply and demand and the fact that they have virtually no competition.

A professional pays more than a individual because the professional is using the service for mass profit... 

Saw this yesterday. Adobe's shit (and Sony Vegas) are fucking overpriced. I might have done things to get Vegas 12 (hint: TPB).

Adobe products are some of the cheapest professional grade stuff on the market, I usually agree with what you say. But here you are wrong.. just wrong. 

yeah the software will cost an arm and leg but f21 can easily buy it and earn their money back in no time.

The software is actually cheap do you even visit their site. Beyond that a company with 3.6 billion dollars could easily pay a subscription. 

CC runs between 10-50 a year overall. Adobe might have further special plans for volume licenses for business but come on, thats PENNIES on the hourly salary of the designers and graphic artists you pay to use this stuff anyways. 

People just need any pathetic reason to be pirates. 

It's sad to see how pirate happy and anti-business this forum can be. It's just not like it used to be, I blame the wave of 11 year olds. :)

only 63 instances?  Seems low.

I'm all for commercial entities paying for their software. 

63 instances that contributed to 10 to 100 of millions in revenue. 

It's sad to see how pirate happy and anti-business this forum can be. It's just not like it used to be, I blame the wave of 11 year olds. :)

I mean, I bought CS6 with my own money. It was worth it even on a personal use level, I've made back the purchase price and then some. Its a nice set of tools to have for me and the investment more than made sense as CS6 will last a decade of use, its just that powerful for even professional use.

Adobe can fuck off, their products are overpriced anyway.

Are we talking about the same Adobe? 

This. Plus if you're an individual making regular income using Adobe products, they're not that expensive.

and when you're a student with no income it's the most overpriced software ever

Adobe products are some of the cheapest professional grade stuff on the market, I usually agree with what you say. But here you are wrong.. just wrong. 

This isn't that cheap... Especially when you have to buy it every year. You can get basic Vegas 13 for roughly $100 more and use it forever.

6caf3ec7e2.png

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

To the people complaining about Adobe (and others, such as Autodesk) charging too much for their software: Have you considered that these incredibly powerful tools are not meant for private use? They are targeted at professionals; Professionals making money using these tools—They are not made for you, and your everyday hobbies and exploits; there are free or cheaper dumbed down softwares available for those use cases.  ^_^

So it's time to get a grip on reality, and stop complaining about things that are completely fine where they are.

Also, with the advent of Creative Cloud, Adobe's tools aren't even expensive anymore. For just a couple of bucks a month you can get access to their entire library of tools.

and so what for people studying for being professional. Those people are learning with adobe photoshop and they should use gimp at home .... (like every software ever as normally a home license and a professional license they could totally do that)

This isn't that cheap... Especially when you have to buy it every year. You can get basic Vegas 13 for roughly $100 more and use it forever.

-

You seem to miss the point, Adobe doesn't make consumer (though they have the option to purchase them) products. Premiere is a product meant to be used on large products by a business. PP is one of the most affordable, powerful options on the market. 

6caf3ec7e2.png

Less than a dollar a day.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

and when you're a student with no income it's the most overpriced software ever

Then don't use photoshop, use Gimp, Paint.net, Paint tool Sai. You can achieve the same results. Just go rob a car dealership if you can't afford a car. 

and so what for people studying for being professional. Those people are learning with adobe photoshop and they should use gimp at home .... (like every software ever as normally a home license and a professional license they could totally do that)

Adobe already strike deals with most of the serious educational institutions that reach out to them, and give their students licenses for free, or at huge discounts. So that's a non-issue all together, in the case of Adobe at least—What I was addressing wasn't people studying to become professionals, but people who do not need software of that level; as I'm already well aware of the standpoint that Adobe takes towards educational use of their products.

Cheers,

Linus

Then don't use photoshop, use Gimp, Paint.net, Paint tool Sai. You can achieve the same results. Just go rob a car dealership if you can't afford a car. 

I know ^^ I just said that for a student it's overpriced (some of my friend need to use it for school and can't afford it)

A professional pays more than a individual because the professional is using the service for mass profit...

Not the way it works at all legally, but I get your point.

-------

Current Rig

-------

The software is actually cheap do you even visit their site. Beyond that a company with 3.6 billion dollars could easily pay a subscription. 

Do I even visit their site. Do you even know when they started? Subscription based is just recent, probably after finding out not many can afford to buy their products. Adobe Photoshop CS6 cost and arm and leg. Creative Suite cost well over $1,000 dollars. Not the $10 to $50 a month, you're talking about. Since F21 is pirating, it can't be the subscription based as they'll have to sign up for it.

http://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/cs6._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_creativesuite6.html

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Do I even visit their site. Do you even know when they started? Subscription based is just recent, probably after finding out not many can afford to buy their products. Adobe Photoshop CS6 cost and arm and leg. Creative Suite cost well over $1,000 dollars. Not the $10 to $50 a month, you're talking about. Since F21 is pirating, it can't be the subscription based as they'll have to sign up for it.

http://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/cs6._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_creativesuite6.html

I clicked the link and it said 50$ a month. Also were talking cc products not cs6. Big difference on the pricing methodology. 

I know ^^ I just said that for a student it's overpriced (some of my friend need to use it for school and can't afford it)

If his school doesn't offer options for it, then he picked the wrong school. 

There is no point in spending millions and hiring a staff for a couple thousand people who will actually purchase it for linux. It would be a waste. Think! 

You know Adobe, does not to need new code they can just port the code to linux there is no need for hiring extra people. Who would use it on linux? i gues that 14000 people that had signed a petition against adobe. 

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

great they are suing forever 21 since they turn nice women into w***** by selling all kinds of explict clothing 

edit:those who think adobe stuff is overprice nope its not..... the amount of time and effort put in by devlopers to make software's like ps etc is too damn high learn to respect devs by not pirating so that corporations make money and devs dont starve 

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home