chill your coolant below room temp with Koolance new Compact Chiller EXC-450

ahhming

114a.jpg
114c.jpg
114d.jpg

The Compact Chiller EXC-450, is a device that combines a pump, a 1 liter reservoir, and a radiator (chiller) into a single portable unit. it work similar to a refrigerator(Refrigerant: R-134a) , chilling your coolant below room temperature.

The chiller's capacity is 450W, or 1,535 BTU/hr and temperature can be set from 1C to 50C.
Its draws power from an external 24VDC power source and draws about 250W of power. Available now, the Compact Chiller EXC-450 is priced at US $1,499.

Specs

Cooling capacity: 450W (1535BTU/hr) @ 25°C liquid/ambient
Temperature options: liquid set-point (1 to 50°C), external thermocouple set-point (1 to 149°C), liquid and ambient delta-T (-50 to 50°C), external thermocouple and ambient delta-T (-50 to 50°C).
Select only values you want displayed on the front 2-line OLED display (fixed or rotating)
Adjust pump speed with 10 level increments
Show pump impeller speed in RPM
Show coolant flow rate in LPM/GPM
Show condenser fan speed in RPM
Adjust audio alarm based on temperature
Relay trigger can be configured as NO or NC and adjusted based on temperature
Refrigerant: R-134a
Power input: 24VDC, 250W or higher
Maximum power consumption @ ambient (approximate): 230W @ 25°C
Designed for an operational temperature range of 0-40°C (ambient and liquid)
Reservoir capacity: 1 liter
G 1/4 BSPP threads on back for fittings

source:

http://koolance.com/ultra-compact-450W-recirculating-chiller-exc-450

And for whom would This be practical?

CPU: Intel i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig H5 Motherboard: ASrock Z97 Extreme4  RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu Black Series 8GB GPU: Powercolor R9 390 PCS+

Case Fans: 3X Phobya NB-Eloop 120mm in front + 1X Noiseblocker BlackSilentPRO 140mm, rear HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB  PSU: Corsair CX600M  Case: Corsair Air 540 ODD: LG Supermulti (Yeah whatever)  Monitors: LG25UM55-P, LG 22EN43

you'd better just trow a bucket of water in your PC and save the hassle of buying and installing that thing

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

You can get aquarium water chillers for 1/3rd the price and you can get Phase change units that can do -50C for 900 or so. 

And for whom would This be practical?

People who buy MSI gaming laptops.

You can get aquarium water chillers for 1/3rd the price and you can get Phase change units that can do -50C for 900 or so. 

I think the point is to not freeze the loop.  

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Love the concept & I'm sure there are better ways to get it chilled but not frozen =D

Seriously,  why would anyone buy this?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I'm sure it's a nice toy, but if you aren't gaming in the sahara the humidity is going to love this cooler. Seriously, the moment your components go below ambient temperature you run the risk of the moisture in the air beading on your components.

Pretty sure water and electricity is a bad combination.

Sorry I only meant that the way it sounded. Okay there is one use for this thing. an overclocker who can't be trusted to play with liquid nitrogen/helium. It's a relatively hassle free solution, and if you're running it in a server situation with a dehumidifier cranked up to 11 it might be practical.

Interesting. i Know a guy who used a industrial grade cooler, that could remove 10.000W heat. Of course it runs below 10% effeciency and the entire pc is about 10 degrees.

I wanted to do the same thing, but not like that ghetto mod he got. This looks appealing.

$1500? Might as well buy a freezer and put your pc in it.

Seriously,  why would anyone buy this?

How else are we going to get dual E5-4669 v3 up to 5 Ghz?!

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

The idea is good, but that price tag... Nope.. Make it $300-400 and I might buy one.

Living in a high humid place (north QLD, Australia), I've been looking into Peltier cooling for a while, though condensation is the biggest problem.. This product could be pretty interesting, but $1499 is a bit too much.

Ryan at Tom's Hardware has built a similar unit and has been running it for 2 years now. (@5 deg c) just above freezing point, this solves condensation. Building it compact and making it work is another thing..

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/282844-29-peltier-water-cooling#t2033960

The idea is good, but that price tag... Nope.. Make it $300-400 and I might buy one.

Living in a high humid place (north QLD, Australia), I've been looking into Peltier cooling for a while, though condensation is the biggest problem.. This product could be pretty interesting, but $1499 is a bit too much.

Ryan at Tom's Hardware has built a similar unit and has been running it for 2 years now. (@5 deg c) just above freezing point, this solves condensation. Building it compact and making it work is another thing..

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/282844-29-peltier-water-cooling#t2033960

simplest solution I can think of is run it like a keginator. only difference is you're pumping antifreeze through it instead of beer.

Of course then there's the condensation. If you can maintain it at ambient there isn't a problem, it's only if it starts slipping below.

Doesn't condensation only happen at sub zero temps? not sure how it works exactly. does condensation  happen when there is a big enough temp difference or only at certain temps?

Doesn't condensation only happen at sub zero temps? not sure how it works exactly. does condensation  happen when there is a big enough temp difference or only at certain temps?

Has more to do with humidity. the above poster lives in north queensland. the only place I know that provides you with a stubby holder for your schooner of beer. Get a cold one out of your fridge on a warm humid day and see if water droplets form on it. That beer is only at 4 degrees or so.

Oh and I'm giggling. your pcpartpicker wishlist looks like my build with more money thrown at it for bragging rights. yep, I'm the same sort of person who might buy this.

Has more to do with humidity. the above poster lives in north queensland. the only place I know that provides you with a stubby holder for your schooner of beer. Get a cold one out of your fridge on a warm humid day and see if water droplets form on it. That beer is only at 4 degrees or so.

Oh and I'm giggling. your pcpartpicker wishlist looks like my build with more money thrown at it for bragging rights. yep, I'm the same sort of person who might buy this.

well pcpartpicker is limited. the next planned build i have for 2017 will probably have 2 cards at most but i do have an overkill custom loop planned for it with a total 3 400mm radiators in one case and a few 240mm rads in a separate case (don't ask why :P) and i thought i could throw something like this in the second case but yeah if difference in temp alone is enough to cause condensation (i keep my room somewhat humid since i hate dry air, makes me choke) i might skip it.

i like the idea. I love to monitor my temps. 

I wouldn't get one but it's kinda cool. I wonder how loud it is...

The moment you realize that the strike 7 keyboard doesn't use mechanical key switches...

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I think the point is to not freeze the loop.  

It won't freeze if the pressure of the liquid is low enough :D

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

The moment you realize that the strike 7 keyboard doesn't use mechanical key switches...

i actually have the strike 7 and i was perfectly aware it doesn't have mechanical switches. i know they can feel good to type on but they are far too loud. when i game with my friend who has a mechanical one i feel mlike shoving it down his throat. it's too dam loud.

awaits itx case with built in phase change. so i can pump a single 240mm rads worth of water through it and keep my CPU @ 0

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85