chill your coolant below room temp with Koolance new Compact Chiller EXC-450

ahhming

Like someone already said, this is massively overpriced for what it is. Look at Hailea chillers which do the same thing, if not better, at lower price. The one possible advantage here is if this can run for extended periods of time which aquarium chillers don't like to. There is an easy workaround for that matter too, but not to everyone's feasibility.

They need to chill out with this kind of stuff, it's just not cool anymore...

I just don't see why they should even bother with that degree of cooling. It's just radiating bad ideas into the market, something I don't think anyone is a fan of. Well, I can certainly see that this won't be a hot topic anytime soon. Soon, other manufactures will get negative ideas and then the whole market will freeze up. Oh well, water you gonna do.

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

Love the concept & I'm sure there are better ways to get it chilled but not frozen =D

Didn't Linus have a similar thing (He or someone made it from a fridge of something like that)

Lord Pantaloons, on 30 Nov 2014 - 7:32 PM, said: If Lawrence leaves his house and travels at a constant 40 MPH. How long will it take Bill from next door to shove a banana up his mom's rectum?

FX-6300Gigabyte R9 270X 4 GB OCWD Blue 1 TBCorsair Carbide 300RArctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev. 2Silverstone Strider Essential 500WAsus M5A97 R2.0Dell P2314HYamaha HTR-5740Mordaunt-Short Avant 309iSuperlux HD-668 BCooler Master CM Storm Quickfire UltimateGigabyte M6900Oneplus One 64 GB

And for whom would This be practical?

over clockers

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

over clockers

Probably people with no chill

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

Probably people with no chill

Chill out with your cpu out.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

um guys its only capable of chilling 450 watts. so that quad SLI setup all overclocked and a extreme CPU might not work out too well...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

The temperature at which condensation happens depends on the humidity of the surrounding air, as some people have already mentioned. To elaborate, a given volume of air at a given temperature is only able to hold some maximum amount of water vapor. If you try to increase the density of the water vapor beyond this maximum, liquid water will start to condense onto any available surfaces in order to reduce the density of water vapor in the air back to that maximum level. This is what is meant by "relative humidity": it's a measure of the current density of water vapor in the air compared to the maximum possible, at that temperature. 

Now, if you change the temperature of the air, you change the maximum amount of water vapor that the air can hold. Warmer air can hold more moisture than colder air. This means that if you have air with 100% humidity (i.e. the maximum possible amount of moisture is in the air), then try to cool things down, you will start to get condensation, because the cooled air can no longer sustain as much moisture. 

Let's say that you instead start with air with 50% humidity. As you cool the air down, the relative humidity will start to increase, because the amount of moisture stays the same, but the maximum amount of moisture the air can hold decreases. Eventually you will reach a temperature where the air is fully saturated, i.e., the relative humidity has reached 100%. If you cool beyond this point, you will start to observe condensation.

What this means is that the drier the air is, the more you can cool it down before you start to get condensation. The ultimate limit would be at 0% humidity: if there is NO moisture in the air to begin with, then it doesn't matter what the temperature is, because there's no moisture to condense. 

This leads to my final point, and that is that I'd love to see someone with the resources to try it (hint hint LTT crew...) do a test with one of these water chillers. It would be really interesting to put the entire computer into a small space with a cheap dehumidifier in order to prevent condensation, even if components reach 1 degree above freezing.

They need to chill out with this kind of stuff, it's just not cool anymore...

I just don't see why they should even bother with that degree of cooling. It's just radiating bad ideas into the market, something I don't think anyone is a fan of. Well, I can certainly see that this won't be a hot topic anytime soon. Soon, other manufactures will get negative ideas and then the whole market will freeze up. Oh well, water you gonna do.

This is my favourite thing in the world.