What's your Religion

nicon

Not a stupid question at all since it's pretty esoteric. It's a group for Christians or those who want to be Christian on the forum. :)

You've pretty much got it in one bro! ;)

But to put it more precisely, it's for those who are a Christian that don't mind sharing the fact that they're a Christian on the forum. Of course, if you wish, you can keep the fact that you're a Christian anonymous and we, as a group, will respect your decision. :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Atheism is not religion. Its i dont care and I might would if there is proof but maybe not because I dont care mood.

post-11076-0-18018900-1421799035.gif

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

-snip-

It isn't really, it's the lack of a religion, by definition. 

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

It isn't really, it's the lack of a religion, by definition. 

Under the category. Because it is a belief. I think that is what the OP meant.  

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I know, just saying technically xD.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

That's agnostic.

lol they must split everything these days

Just to note, to all those who don't know, Christianity is more about having a relationship with God, not really about religion. Whilst you do have variants of Christianity like Baptist (which I'd be considered), Protestant and several others, it isn't really about that, but more about a relationship with the one and only true Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

For a better explanation, and for those who are interested, please visit this link (http://www.joycemeyer.org/EverydayAnswers/BecomeAChristian.aspx).

It should help you better understand what I'm talking about.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

sorry dont know how this got so bigRichard_Dawkins_(2009).jpg

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Religion? Whats that?

IIdg4LB.gif

Eh, why is this needed?

Because statistics? 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

-snip-

I'm surprised it hasn't gotten bad yet.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

What's your religion?

Quote me if you want one added (not silly, but a real religion)

Please don't fight. We have a right to believe in what we believe and respect other's beliefs. Ok? Oh, and try not to force a conversion in the middle of the LTT forums.

Happy Voting!  :D

I think Pastafarianism needs to be added

post-156090-0-91578800-1421822352.jpg

they really teach us about how other not only view the world, but how social morals probably came into being. 

Nope. Not even close.

There is no historical evidence to support the idea that moral and ethical precepts originate with — or are dependent on — religion.

The conflation of morality with religion is a relatively recent development in human history, and it is limited to certain peoples in certain places who practice certain religions.

There already is a substantial body of scientific research which demonstrates that moral and pro-social behavior has a long evolutionary history and that such behavior is biologically rooted.  

Some primates, untutored children, and adults in all cultures appear to possess basic concepts of altruism, cooperation, fairness, sharing, and tend to treat others in a manner that could easily be described as “the golden rule.” Primates and humans are intensely social, so these findings should come as no surprise.

The earliest legal codes - which specifically described behaviors to be encouraged/discouraged in the form of do’s and don’ts, pre-date the rise of the oldest world religions. While the Ten Commandments (Jewish) and the maxims of the Rig Veda (Hindu) are respectably old, both dating from around 1,500 BC, the Sumerians had a legal code (which addressed moral and ethical issues) more than 1000 years earlier.  

The Sumerian code makes no reference to religion and is not based on religion. By the same token, the Babylonian King Hammurabi formulated his famous law code (based on moral and ethical behavior) hundreds of years before the Ten Commandments or Rig Veda were conceived or written. Hammurabi’s code was neither based on nor grounded in religion.

The basic tenets which are common to most morally-based religions — “don’t steal, don’t lie, be kind, help others, etc.” — have been around for a long, long time. These precepts pre-date the rise of the first city-states (~4,500 BC), and are commonly found in hunter-gatherer societies.

In all likelihood, these precepts have been present in such societies for at least 50,000 years.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

He just gave you the actual definition, it's the lack of a belief in a deity or any religious doctrine, and you're saying it's a belief again?

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Just to note, to all those who don't know, Christianity is more about having a relationship with God, not really about religion. Whilst you do have variants of Christianity like Baptist (which I'd be considered), Protestant and several others, it isn't really about that, but more about a relationship with the one and only true Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

For a better explanation, and for those who are interested, please visit this link (http://www.joycemeyer.org/EverydayAnswers/BecomeAChristian.aspx).

It should help you better understand what I'm talking about.

"Schizophrenia (/ˌskɪtsɵˈfrɛniə/ or /ˌskɪtsɵˈfriːniə/) is a mental disorder often characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to recognize what is real. Common symptoms include false beliefs, unclear or confused thinking, auditory hallucinations, reduced social engagement and emotional expression, and inactivity." 

You've pretty much got it in one bro! ;)

But to put it more precisely, it's for those who are a Christian that don't mind sharing the fact that they're a Christian on the forum. Of course, if you wish, you can keep the fact that you're a Christian anonymous and we, as a group, will respect your decision. :)

There was a idea channel video talking about doctor who and how the time lord could more or less be a religion lol. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Christian, if I must be mentioned by a name. I don't believe in organized religion though, just in Jesus Christ + his words/philosophy.

edit

wow, of course certain people had to come in here and start something. Why do you people have to do this for every religion thread? Does it hurt you that much to know people believe in a God? That's just sad... :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I'm Hindu and an Atheist, I don't believe in Gods!

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Also, I don't think atheism and agnotism should be grouped together. They're different forms of beliefs or lack of it.

"agnotism" Nice one, pal.

They are not beliefs, if you call yourself Agnostic for whatever damned reason and insist that it has nothing to do with Atheism, first of all it means that you don't even know what you're talking about, you don't even know what Agnosticism means, it derives from Ancient Greek ἀ- (a-), meaning "without", and γνῶσις (gnōsis), meaning "knowledge". So it is the lack of knowledge, Atheism is the lack, the non-existence of belief in a deity, it is not the absolute certainty or belief of the non-existence of a deity, which means that every Atheist is also Agnostic, we simply cannot know for sure, there's no way to tackle and unfalsifiable hypothesis or claim, which is where the concept of a deity fits in. I'm Agnostic about a deity the same way i'm agnostic of the existence of an invisible, pink flying unicorn; the same way i'm agnostic about the existence of a teapot orbiting Saturn in this very moment.

Everyone is Agnostic about something, Agnosticism isn't some sort of fence sitting between religion and non-belief, there is no such thing, you either believe or you don't, that does not mean that you can't have some sort of doubt, but Agnosticism is NOT a middle ground between religion and non-belief.

I live my life assuming that there is no deity because there isn't a single shred of evidence for it, and there have been various studies which have given us an idea of how religious beliefs arose.

But i'm not that stupid and arrogant to claim that i'm 100% sure because there is no way of proving/disproving and unverifiable, unfalsifiable hypothesis such as the existence of a deity. I therefore can't really say that there is no deity but that there is no evidence for it whatsoever, and the possibility of it being true is so infinitely small that i can confidently dismiss it.

I'm Hindu and an Atheist, I don't believe in Gods!

So, would you say that you're an Atheist who embraces all the culture and traditions in Hinduism? Like an Atheist Jew for example, who simply embraces the traditions and way of living of Judaism.

wow, of course certain people had to come in here and start something. Why do you people have to do this for every religion thread? Does it hurt you that much to know people believe in a God? That's just sad... :(

So, will you actually tackle the arguments and points being made here, or you'll just resort to ad-hominem and blanket statements?

So, will you actually tackle the arguments and points being made here, or you'll just resort to ad-hominem and blanket statements?

Why should I? I don't have to defend it, especially to someone like you. If you need to argue over something you cannot prove doesn't exist, find an anti-religion forum and circle jerk with those people. Otherwise, step back and stop caring so damn much about what other people believe. It's just sad.

I also find your signature hilarious. If a religious person said anything remotely close to that, you would call them all sorts of names and call them crazy.  But you know, religious people are the only ones capable of evil or evil thoughts.

God Bless you OlekKing, and may you have a good life. Because everyone deserves that.  :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Also, OP fix the title of the thread because Atheism is NOT a damn religion, it's the complete antithesis of it. Also Agnostic is not a separate category and you're also further spreading the misuse and misunderstanding of that term.

You should add "Or lack thereof" to the title. Far too many people still think that it can be grouped under that category and you're just further helping spread that misconception...

Why should I? I don't have to defend it, especially to someone like you. If you need to argue over something you cannot prove doesn't exist, find an anti-religion forum and circle jerk with those people. Otherwise, step back and stop carrying so damn much about what other people believe. It's just sad. -_-

Still missing the point and still continuing with the ad-hominem. Of course you don't have to do anything, but it just further shows your weakness and cowardice. If you don't want to discuss the subject then don't post anything on a thread like this, especially something as stupid as your other post. Nice grammar BTW.

EDIT: What you think/don't think of my signature is irrelevant to the discussion at hand, and I'm not seeing how a religious person would say that faith is bad thing, and if they started talking about truth i'd just laugh at them. Perhaps you should learn a bit more about those quotes before spewing that garbage you just said.

"religious people are the only ones capable of evil or evil thoughts" Putting words in my mouth and straw manning again...Don't engage in discussions if this is all you're going to bring. I'm being quite civil here.