FX CPU?

I wanna buy a new AMD cpu, i have fx6300, but i want to upgrade in the near future. And i can't be bothered to switch out my motherboard, to get an i5. 

So what should i get, something top of the line ?

8320, 8370.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

FX and top of the line is an oxymoron

Also changing the CPU or changing both the CPU and motherboard both require the same amount of effort so "Not being bothered to do the motherboard as well" is silly

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

What's your mobo. And what's your budget and location.

And what u use it for?

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

fx 8320e

fx 9590 if its cold there

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

Their is a very minimal performance change... Id'e just switch to an Intel instead... A lot more performance.

The end made very little sense...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I wanna buy a new AMD cpu, i have fx6300, but i want to upgrade in the near future. And i can't be bothered to switch out my motherboard, to get an i5. 

First question what motherboard do you have if you want to get a 8 core get atleast a decent 990 or 990fx chipset board or higend 970 atleast.

what's your mb?

First question what motherboard do you have if you want to get a 8 core get atleast a decent 990 or 990fx chipset board or higend 970 atleast.

ASUS M5A97 R2.0, Socket-AM3+

ASUS M5A97 R2.0, Socket-AM3+

It should work in that case but the upgrade isn't that big and inmho it's useless to upgrade to an already outdated piece of hardware my recommendation would be overclock your fx-6300 or switch to Intel.

For gaming FX 8350 best since it is having 8 cores ,(less price) , Intel is having stronger threads so intel is good for other things well good for gaming also but more price..

For gaming FX 8350 best since it is having 8 cores ,(less price) , Intel is having stronger threads so intel is good for other things well good for gaming also but more price..

Thanks for droning out the common doctrines. They are however, not really true.

"Upgrading" from an 6300 to a 83## is silly. Either buy an intel or stick with the 6300.

Thanks for droning out the common doctrines. They are however, not really true.

"Upgrading" from an 6300 to a 83## is silly. Either buy an intel or stick with the 6300.

Thats spending 120 bucks to get 5-10% performance in games.

The only upgrade viable would be an i5.

100% wrong

FX is pants for gaming as soon as you hit more CPU demanding games or if you have a stronger graphics card like the R9 290 or GTX 970

Infact AMD has nothing over intel right now except for cheap render farms (In which the 4690k still beats it)

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

why do people keep coming in here with intel fanboy crap when the op clearly stated they did not want to cross over? it doesn't matter what you think is better because they want amd.

8350 is the best bet, it has 2 more cores than 6300 which will benefit in games like battlefield 4 and dragonage inquisition ,any mantle game and when dx12 comes out you will benefit from every game over the 6300.

the 8 core is much better for gaming over the 6 dont listen to these retards, the 8 core helps with live streaming your games, rendering/editing your gaming videos,and doing multiple things while you are gaming such as browsing /watching videos music etc.

this entire forum has to be filled with intel employees its really crazy for all the amd hate here, you have to remember...this is the same place that will try to say a core2duo and core2quad beats a fx 8350 lolz.

cpu:i7-4770k    gpu: msi reference r9 290x  liquid cooled with h55 and hg10 a1     motherboard:z97x gaming 5   ram:gskill sniper 8 gb

I've lost all respect for newbies now...

sorry for the mean. But it's not true. Not the best viable option ever. A Core 2 Quad can still smash an 8350.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I've lost all respect for newbies now...

sorry for the mean. But it's not true. Not the best viable option ever. A Core 2 Quad can still smash an 8350.

hahahahahahaha

lol....breathe....hahahahahahaha

cpu:i7-4770k    gpu: msi reference r9 290x  liquid cooled with h55 and hg10 a1     motherboard:z97x gaming 5   ram:gskill sniper 8 gb

it's because Linus Sponsors Intel.

Please don't forget to check HyperGlass and PhantomX.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

why do people keep coming in here with intel fanboy crap when the op clearly stated they did not want to cross over? it doesn't matter what you think is better because they want amd.

8350 is the best bet, it has 2 more cores than 6300 which will benefit in games like battlefield 4 and dragonage inquisition ,any mantle game and when dx12 comes out you will benefit from every game over the 6300.

the 8 core is much better for gaming over the 6 dont listen to these retards, the 8 core helps with live streaming your games, rendering/editing your gaming videos,and doing multiple things while you are gaming such as browsing /watching videos music etc.

For games its like 10% , check any benchmark ever.

Is 10% worth 120 bucks?

Upgrading from a FX 6 core to an FX 8 core holds very little benefit in gaming. If you're rendering it can help a bit.

On your board you can overclock the FX6300 fairly well to achieve more performance with your current hardware.

FX and top of the line is an oxymoron

Also changing the CPU or changing both the CPU and motherboard both require the same amount of effort so "Not being bothered to do the motherboard as well" is silly

hey look an intel fanboy!

The op clearly stated he didnt want to change out everything.

And how on earth is it  comparable?

changing the cpu is a 5 minute process, changing the mobo is alot longer and more effort.

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

it's because Linus Sponsors Intel.

Intel sponsor Linus... and I don't see what that'd have to do with anything with people on the forum.

hey look an intel fanboy!

Hey look someone that didn't read the links in my signature which are hard proof that FX is pants!

The op clearly stated he didnt want to change out everything.

And how on earth is it  comparable?

changing the cpu is a 5 minute process, changing the mobo is alot longer and more effort.

To change the CPU with minimal risk you need to take most things out of the case anyway