EA sends awesome gift package to cheated 10-year-old Lions fan

XTankSlayerX

6c9e2110-9a93-11e4-b323-73dd24056254_ea-

That’s a copy of Madden, a new PS4 and an autographed mini-helmet from Lions receiver Calvin Johnson.

After Sunday's not-quite-a-catch cost their team a spot in the NFC title game, Dallas Cowboys fans feel pretty cheated. But so does a young Detroit Lions fan, who was treated to a dose of poor sportsmanship the week prior during a fan event at the Cowboys/Lions game at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

The contest? Musical chairs. The prize? A copy of Madden 15 for the PS4. The victim? A 10-year-old boy named Roman, who clearly won the event only to watch a terrible hostess punish him for wearing the wrong jersey:

It was all well and good until the hostess noticed his allegiance to the Lions and ordered another final round, one that Roman lost.

While the hostess did say on stage that both Roman and his competitor would be named winners, it didn't stop the video from going viral.

"I'm sorry," she says, after hurling herself at Roman to ensure he didn't win the second round. "I can't have a Lion's fan win all by himself."

Sure, she was pandering to the crowd, but there's a fine line between team loyalty and being a complete jerk.

The incident managed to capture the attention of Madden maker EA Sports, which stepped in to make things right for Roman

Good guy EA, its always nice to see companies step in and help out. 

This kid got lucky haha, Lost a contest for a copy of a game; Gets new Console, Game and a autographed item from EA.

Wonder if he already had a PS4 or is a Xbox One fan... Hmmm

this is why we all love EA

Wait... we like them again?

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

You can get refunds on their games now, So yes. We should.

There's no risk in preordering from Origin now. 

Not too sure why people hate them now, DGA:O was a smooth launch from what i've heard. Battlefield Hardline seems very promising that it will work on day one.

Good on EA for doing this, it just wasn't cricket what that hostess was up to.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Ubisoft is the new EA, I'd guess ...

Ah i see. The King is dead, long live The King! I guess...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Confirms that EA have dug so deep that they're now past the core and finally digging up

Asus MAXIMUS VII Gene 2 x 8GB G.Skill 16GB 1600 Mhz Intel 4670k @ 4.3 Ghz Corsair H100i w/ stock fans EVGA GTX 770 SC Intel 750 Series SSD 240GB, Samsung 840 SSD 240GB WD Caviar Green 2TB Seasonic X-650 V3 2 x 140 mm Noctua A14 PPC, 120mm LED Corsair AF120

What the hell is wrong with the hostess?

Good for EA doing this, the poor boy must have been so sad. :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

GG Ea +1 xp

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

This kid got lucky haha, Lost a contest for a copy of a game; Gets new Console, Game and a autographed item from EA.

Not really, did you read the post before you posted it? He won the competition clearly, then got it taken from him cause of a douchbag in front of thousands of people. That's not lucky son, that's complex building material.

And I'm pleased to see the attitude of people in this thread, if were gonna dog a company for doing the wrong thing then we should also congratulate them for doing the right thing.

Well done EA *gives applause*

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I still wouldn't trust EA as far as I could get through ACU without finding a bug.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I still wouldn't trust EA as far as I could get through ACU without finding a bug.

you know some one is a sleep when they say this I played thow ACU without finding a bug.

Definitely giving props to EA for this.  I like big companies doing good things like this for the little guy.  I guess EA has really turned around.

PC: CPU - FX 8350 @4.5 Ghz | GPU - 3x R9 290 @1100 core/1300 memory | Motherboard - Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM - 16 GB Mushkin Redline 1866 Mhz | PSU - Corsair AX 860w | SSD - ADATA SX900 256 GB | HDD - Seagate 3TB 7200RPM | CPU Cooler - Noctua NH D-14 | Case - Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935

Peripherals: Monitor - ASUS VN248H-P IPS | Keyboard - Corsair K70 | Mouse - Corsair M65 | Headphones - ASUS ROG Orion Pro

6NBGqx6.png

I was expecting that they sent stuff to an actual lion.. Now i'm dissapointed

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

EA and good guy in the same sentence................................................................

Good gosh, the end of the world is coming.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Yes. Get with the program. Ubisoft was relegated.

Well soooreey for not being up to date with the publisher hate train... shit is moving too fast for me to keep up :P All i know is that we like CD Projekt Red... right? its all so confusing

6NBGqx6.png

I was expecting that they sent stuff to an actual lion.. Now i'm dissapointed

His favourite game

Lion_Coverart.png

EA and good guy in the same sentence................................................................

Good gosh, the end of the world is coming.

To the realization that just because a large sum of people hate a specific thing dose'nt mean it necessarily sucks, The world is learning to have their own opinions.

EA Has been doing well in the past few months. Its a fact for all i know.

Its more like we on stable ground ratyer than we like them. EA havnt done anything recently that we dont like. :D

Hi!  Please quote me in replies otherwise I may not see your response!

Clearly as a Detroit Lions fan he deserves to be disqualified... from everything he ever attempts.

Well done EA. That host was way out of line for doing that. 

EA is starting to do things right. 

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

This is the video of the boy being cheated:

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |