A new GTX card

iAveex

Hey guys. I was wondering if you think that nVidia is going to release a GTX 950 and 960. I think it would be a smart move nVidia, to make an affordable, but good card from a trustworthy brand. But what do you guys think ?

They will, eventually. The 960 is rumored to release January 22

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

GTX 960 has been rumored a lot (even with pictures)

We'll see if they release a 950 too..

@iAveex

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Shouldn't this be moved to GPUs?..

What's your budget? Might want to save up for a 970.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

Shouldn't this be moved to GPUs?.. What's your budget? Might want to save up for a 970.

What do you mean ?

950? eh... hello? the GTX 750 is already maxwell

I know that the 750Ti is maxwell, but i was thinking that the 950 would be better than 780 but worse than the 970, if that makes sense :)

I know that the 750Ti is maxwell, but i was thinking that the 950 would be better than 780 but worse than the 970, if that makes sense :)

950 better then 780?!?! That'd be one hell of a powerful 50 series card. 

Uh, not likely. The 960 is rumored to be slower than the 780. My guess would be that a 950 and 950 Ti would sit below/above the 760.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Ha Ha Ha

My 780 Is Laughing at you

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

Don't worry - the 960 and 950 are coming.  Right now they kind of don't make a ton of sense - The 770 and 760 are still very competitive cards.  The 9 series will provide a bump in power savings, but honestly if you're going budget, just wait the 960 is just around the corner and it should cause a shift in pricing across the board for mid-budget GPUs

@TechBenchTV

Ex-NCIX Tech Tips Producer.  Linus hates my scripts. 

I don't see a point in 950(ti) I don't really see a point in the 750ti.... the price to performance seems to be horrible compared to AMD. Its not till you get up to like the 60series that a nvidia graphicscard seems to worth it. Thats my point of view anyways. 

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

The 4gb 970 is affordable IMO; what is affordable for you if the 970 isn't? 

That's not how gpu numbering scheme works, a gt 720 is not better than a  gtx 680 -_-

the regular 960 is rumored to perform slightly (like a hair) above a 760, while the 960 Ti's around the 780 mark.

950 will probably not happen imo.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

the regular 960 is rumored to perform slightly (like a hair) above a 760, while the 960 Ti's around the 780 mark.

950 will probably not happen imo.

you're better off with a console than a x50 GPU

I'd expect the 780 to be about level with next generations x60, and this generation's 970. It is about level with the 970 so that much isn't speculation. But there's no way a GPU is going to go from x80 to x50 in a generation.

you're better off with a console than a x50 GPU

They're about level at the moment. The Ti version, at any rate.

What do you mean ?

He means that u should put this topic into GPU subsection and not in general discussion.

Budget = how much money u want to spend on new gpu

970 = GTX 970, high end gpu that can max out every game 1080p at 60 fps. This card is a better choice than 960 will be.

Hope this is clear enough to you..

960 will be relased soon and 950 or 950ti will come in summer if Nvidia does it the same way they did with 750ti and 750.

Nvidia hasnt oficially said anything about discontinuing GTX X50 series so expect it at some point this year.

As far as PC goes i wouldnt mind if there wasnt 950. I think that should be only for notebooks and lowest tier card for PC should be 950ti.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

950? eh... hello? the GTX 750 is already maxwell

Yeah but it is GM1xx not GM2xx. It is also the first gen stuff and not the second gen stuff. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

the 960 should be out later this month. 

expect the performance to be around the same level as the GTX 770, but for the same price or less as a GTX 760. 

Core i7-2600k @ 4.65Ghz - Asus Maximus IV Gene Z - 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LP Cerilian Blue - Samsung EVO 840 250GB - Seagate Barracuda 7200 1TB - 2x EVGA Geforce GTX 760 SC - Corsair AX850, custom sleaved and length - Silverstone Sugo heavily modified - Full loop with EK blocks and 360 rad, frozenq res. 

I don't see a point in 950(ti) I don't really see a point in the 750ti.... the price to performance seems to be horrible compared to AMD. Its not till you get up to like the 60series that a nvidia graphicscard seems to worth it. Thats my point of view anyways. 

The point of the GTX 750ti is that it can run entirely off of a PCIE slot without the need for a new PSU. This single piece of hardware can turn horrid office PC's into light gaming PC's. I use the word light very strongly here. I find the power consumption of the card, along with the very low TDP of the card to be perfect for very small mini-itx builds (smaller than the standard mini-itx case designs). The little heat made up by the card will not make it a hard card to keep cool, and allows you to fit it in extremely small form factors without subjecting yourself to any throttling. Zotac released one of their Zbox things with a desktop 760 in it, which throttled severely, becoming entirely unusable in demanding games. Had they have gone with a GTX 750, it would have been a far more enjoyable experience.

Compared to the cost of other low-wattage solutions, the price to performance on the GTX 750 ti is ok. I managed to snag 3 at $105 a piece, and they perform beyond twice as good as those terrible GT6xx or GT7xx cards, while using slightly more power. Price:Performance is not the only thing people think about, as performance per watt also comes to mind for some users, which the gtx 750ti covers the bases of quite well.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

They are releasing a GTX 950 though; they're just calling it a GTX 960.

How does that work... :o

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The 960 looks about on par with last year's midrange cards, maybe a little worse since the R9 280 has 3GB VRAM. A 2GB card in 2015 is so full of fail.

Well, we haven't seen the benchmarks yet, but yeah.. They should have made it 3 GB at least..