'Minecraft boasts nearly one million concurrent users; is likely the most popular game on PC'

IdortMasterRace

I don't think anyone was arguing about anything other than number of concurrent players, seeing as it was the entire news topic.

Well, the article also made the claim that it was possibly the most popular game on PC. I'd say that's true.

They've also made the most amount of money any game has ever made

and league youtubers combined have way more views than all dedicated minecraft youtubers

Sources for these claims? I'm not saying you're wrong, just want to see the evidence.

Also, dedicated LoL vs. dedicated MC channels isn't an indication of overall popularity. I'd make a safe estimate that Minecraft as a whole has many, many more views than League of Legends as a whole on YouTube.

League has made 1 billion $ on micro transaction alone.

It is The most popular game on youtube

The money it has made, again, isn't a representation of its overall popularity. And, again, I'd estimate Minecraft has made much more than League has with merchandise sales alone.

Got a source for the latter claim also? Again, I'm not saying you're wrong.

Minecraft+Counter-Strike:Global Offensive=Life

i play minecraft maps on CS:GO

Yes! CS for competitive times and Minecraft for relaxing.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

The game is awesome. :D

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

MINECRAFT MASTER RACE JOIN IN OR GET REKT BY THE GANG OF BLOCK GAMERS

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

With 1mil users daily, maybe Microsoft will have the incentive to recode the game to something that doesn't suck. Java is god awful in the resource department.

this.

youre right tho

the way mc uses resources is just stupid.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I remember seeing some console peasant friends playing minecraft on their consoles, all I could do is laugh and say "that's the size of your map? that's pathetic".

this.

youre right tho

the way mc uses resources is just stupid.

God yes, and add in a volcano realm while you are at it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Well, the article also made the claim that it was possibly the most popular game on PC. I'd say that's true.

Sources for these claims? I'm not saying you're wrong, just want to see the evidence.

Also, dedicated LoL vs. dedicated MC channels isn't an indication of overall popularity. I'd make a safe estimate that Minecraft as a whole has many, many more views than League of Legends as a whole on YouTube.

The money it has made, again, isn't a representation of its overall popularity. And, again, I'd estimate Minecraft has made much more than League has with merchandise sales alone.

I'm sure that Lol has more youtube views simply because every single channel has 1,000's of gameplays that are on average 30 minutes long each. That's not exactly a fair way to view since most people have watched hundreds of these videos, therefore lol has more views. The only logical way that it even I see of comparison is counting the subscribers of each genre. And still, league triumphs.

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

What's this League thing you keep babbling about? 

(not trolling, by the way, not a clue what it looks like or evenwhat genre it is)

Never thought that game would get this far. Bought it in early alpha when the full version was about 5 bucks :D But still java. Horrible.

League has made 1 billion $ on micro transaction alone. It is The most popular game on twich also on youtube the main league channel alone already has 6.5 million sub. It is named the most popular game in the world for a reason you know.

I dunno how one would actually come up with the stats for that... but I'd actually have to disagree with you there. I'd give you Twitch, just because who would watch Minecraft streams... but then again Syndicate is the most followed twitch channel, who primarily streams Minecraft.

As for Youtube, at one point recently I looked and 10+ of the top 25 subscribed channels were guys with loads of Minecraft content. One of them alone is more than the main League channel.

I've gotta be honest, I didn't even know LOL existed until I saw people talking about it on here, my grandma knows what Minecraft is.

League of legends is more popular... It has more players, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, and concurrent. It is the most played game. It is called a sport in the U.S.  http://www.geek.com/games/us-goverment-confirms-league-of-legends-is-a-legitimate-sport-1562188/

It made $1b last year in just microtransactions.

Whether you like the game or not, it is a more popular game by all counts.

Besides that article only talks about concurrent players, and tries to claim that minecraft has the most. That has been proven wrong.

I don't understand why.

Why are people so obsessed with it? Why?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I don't understand why.

I dont get it ether minecraft is one of the worst looking games ive ever seen in my life  it uses open gl which is  poor  and unreliable even ppl who play the game say there game crash specially when useing tnt and  for the fun part does not seem  that fun too me i will never get this game ever 

http://www.pcgamer.com/league-of-legends-has-made-almost-1-billion-in-microtransactions/

http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/11/top-twitch-games-for-october-2014-extra-life-edition/

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

I dont get it ether minecraft is one of the worst looking games ive ever seen in my life  it uses open gl which is  poor  and unreliable even ppl who play the game say there game crash specially when useing tnt and  for the fun part does not seem  that fun too me i will never get this game ever 

Well I don't mind the graphics, that doesn't mean anything to me. I really just mean the gameplay. It just doesn't seem fun at all. You run around doing what, exactly? Building and destroying?  Sounds bland to me...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I find Minecraft on PC just crashing down on any other console games that will probably anyway port to the PC cuz it's possible.

I just love Minecraft, the soundtrack is also amazing. So why shouldn't other people love it?

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

League of legends is the most played PC game, for sure. Minecraft would only count if you consider all the specific versions (xbox, IOS, android) and even then still wouldn't overtake League. 

I don't understand why.

It's a simple and fun game, and it let's you be creative since you set you own goals. I've just started playing it again after a long time (with a ton of mods) and it's been fairly entertaining. The amount of content that mods and plugins add to the game is ridiculous.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

#1 Reason To Stay And Begin With PC GAMING!

... Dude.  

Minecraft is for Pc, xbox, PS3 , Vita, Android and iOS (and maybe w8 dont know that).

What are you talking about ? 

(I'm all for PC gaming, but know your facts)

*Cough*Warcraft*Cough* I believe is the most played PC game technically as of right now?

Why has everyone glossed over the fact that Minecraft is a fully fledged paid game?, league is a free to play Moba with the options for microtransactions. I'm fully aware of how popular LoL is and how it took off and yes, it is far far ahead of Minecraft and most of the other current games in popularity, concurrent viewers, etc. 

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

Well I don't mind the graphics, that doesn't mean anything to me. I really just mean the gameplay. It just doesn't seem fun at all. You run around doing what, exactly? Building and destroying?  Sounds bland to me...

that mean you don't really have an imagination. it's the same concept as lego make what you want anything is possible and I find that awsome. the only thing I follow closely in minecraft is the proof of concept of computer in the minecraft environment it's just really easy to understand computer with that and I absolutely love the fact that it is possible to create that in minecraft

that mean you don't really have an imagination. it's the same concept as lego make what you want anything is possible and I find that awsome. the only thing I follow closely in minecraft is the proof of concept of computer in the minecraft environment it's just really easy to understand computer with that and I absolutely love the fact that it is possible to create that in minecraft

Oh, it isn't because it is boring, it is because I don't have imagination. Okay.  <_< 

The LEGO toys sounds like it would be more fun to play with than Minecraft.