'Minecraft boasts nearly one million concurrent users; is likely the most popular game on PC'

IdortMasterRace

The fact that anyone thinks Minecraft is more popular than League of Legends boggles my mind. Yes Minecraft is a popular game, but once you take a look at League of Legends' stats then it pales in comparison.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

Wasn't Riot saying they had 13 billion players or something stupid and unbelievable like that? Since Riot said it about their own game from the data that they gather and share with no one, it must be true.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I play both LoL and Minecraft.  I don't need to pretend one is more played than the other.  LoL has THE highest number of active players day after day after day. 

I remember seeing some console peasant friends playing minecraft on their consoles, all I could do is laugh and say "that's the size of your map? that's pathetic".

God yes, and add in a volcano realm while you are at it.

You really have to look into modpacks.  Technic and FTB (FeedTheBeast) are launchers (GUIs) that allow you to vastly expand the world and it's capabilities... the minecraft experience as a whole.  Lots of fun actually.  The Biomes O' Plenty mod adds over 50 new biomes/realms.

To answer the question about minecraft and what do you do in it:  See, you mine... then you craft.

The fact that anyone thinks Minecraft is more popular than League of Legends boggles my mind. Yes Minecraft is a popular game, but once you take a look at League of Legends' stats then it pales in comparison.

Which makes less sense than Minecraft being popular.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I play both LoL and Minecraft.  I don't need to pretend one is more played than the other.  LoL has THE highest number of active players day after day after day. 

You really have to look into modpacks.  Technic and FTB (FeedTheBeast) are launchers (GUIs) that allow you to vastly expand the world and it's capabilities... the minecraft experience as a whole.  Lots of fun actually.  The Biomes O' Plenty mod adds over 50 new biomes/realms.

To answer the question about minecraft and what do you do in it:  See, you mine... then you craft.

I always preferred trying to build massive biomes and buildings in said biomes. Like this

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

This is one of my buildings.  It was not finished but I don;t know where the completed pics are. 

"Starting to feel geeky, w/e"  =)

S63GZ1w.png

I'd say LoL is the "most popular". The esports scene seems to bring in a lot of people, even if they are not playing. More like it has the largest concurrent player base.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

*Cough*Warcraft*Cough* I believe is the most played PC game technically as of right now?

It might of a while ago but LoL is the most played games with 7.5 million on at once and ~27 million every day.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Do people actually think DotA 2 is the most popular PC game? I'm a massive DotA 2 fan, but even I know it's hardly the most popular PC game out there. DotA 2 is only the most popular game on Steam, but there are a lot of popular games outside of Steam that probably have over 1 million concurrent players

• League of Legends (7.5 million concurrent peak); supposedly
  • World of Warcraft (~7.5 million active users on a subscriber basis)
  • World of Tanks (1.1 concurrent in early 2014)
  • CrossFire (4 million concurrent, 2012)
  • DotA 2 (~1 million concurrent on popular times of the day/week)
  • Dungeon Defender Online (4 million concurrent, 2012)
  • Hearthstone (20 million users)

Although Minecraft probably has quite a large portion of players pirating the game, which could very well swing the tide in its favour. 

PC Gaming's biggest achievement? Minecraft.

First game to allow you to build a functional computer inside of a PC.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

If this is one of the best games PC has to offer, then the PCMR is doomed.

Popularity is not directly correlated with quality.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Oh, it isn't because it is boring, it is because I don't have imagination. Okay.  <_<

The LEGO toys sounds like it would be more fun to play with than Minecraft.

no it's boring BECAUSE you don't have imagination ^^ like role playing game if you don't enter the character you can't have fun

no it's boring BECAUSE you don't have imagination ^^ like role playing game if you don't enter the character you can't have fun

No, it is boring because it is boring.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Minecraft+Counter-Strike:Global Offensive=Life

i play minecraft maps on CS:GO

Heard of Block n' Load? It's a mixture of a Minecraft-esqe sandbox and an FPS game.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

*facepalm*

It isn't boring to me because I "lack imagination". It is just boring. E.i creativity has nothing to do with it.

Facepalming as an entire post...you must frequent Tumblr.

It isn't boring to me because I "lack imagination". It is just boring. E.i creativity has nothing to do with it.

Facepalming as an entire post...you must frequent Tumblr.

facepalm cause if it were boring nobody would play it just as lego

facepalm cause if it were boring nobody would play it just as lego

Okay, I don't think you read my first posts. I know it is popular, I don't understand why. It is absolutely boring.

And just because a lot of people like something doesn't mean it is actually good. Take Twilight, for example.

Okay, I don't think you read my first posts. I know it is popular, I don't understand why. It is absolutely boring.

And just because a lot of people like something doesn't mean it is actually good. Take Twilight, for example.

doesn't mean it's good but it can be not boring and bad at the same time. batman and robin for example ^^

Uhh... personal opinion? Just because you don't like something doesn't mean others have to dis-like it as well, are you really that blind to how the world works?

You and Kim Jong-un would likely get along though.

Uhh... personal opinion? Just because you don't like something doesn't mean others have to dis-like it as well, are you really that blind to how the world works?

Uh....learn to read? I never said you shouldn't like it.

Damn. Get thicker skin, son.

In the contrary, just because you like it, doesn't mean others have to like it. He doesn't like the game, get over it.