Mini-News: Windows 10 - Early look how it will look like + IE12 screenshot

GoodBytes

if i was Microsoft i would get in touch with the rain meter guys and put a team together to support allot of the cool rain-meter features, with a GUI and also let us set gifs or videos as wallpaper from start up

Would you really want to see the same GIF looping over and over again?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

if i was Microsoft i would get in touch with the rain meter guys and put a team together to support allot of the cool rain-meter features, with a GUI and also let us set gifs or videos as wallpaper from start up

Function over form. Let Microsoft get as close to perfect as possible before asking it for frivolous features.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Would you really want to see the same GIF looping over and over again?

id have a cinemagraph style gif

5658551241_8852d44b38_o.gif

id have a cinemagraph style gif

5658551241_8852d44b38_o.gif

I guess so. I like a neverending gif.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I guess so. I like a neverending gif.

i mean most people find staring out a window soothing, if you can emulate that with your desktop it will help with rage quits out of games with alt f4

i mean most people find staring out a window soothing, if you can emulate that with your desktop it will help with rage quits out of games with alt f4

Dreamscape in Vista didn't work. No one cared. So Microsoft removed it, despite Microsoft doing good work in making it consume virtually no system resources

Windows 10 better be amazeballs if they think I'm gonna buy it when it doesn't have Aero. I really dislike the Metro UI. The metro style isn't bad but the Windows implementation of it isn't even close to Aero.

C'mooon Microsooooft. We all know forcing your users to use the OS in the way you want VS the way they want is not the way to go! Options for both wouldn't kill you.

I'm super stoked for the new browser. For Windows 10, not so much. I like my Windows 8.1 with Startisback.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

AERO :( PLEASE.... please... *wimpers*

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

It looks pretty nice so far, but I really hope you can get rid of that search box or at least move it to where it was in Windows 7. I don't want that crap messing up the clean appearance of the task bar. 

It looks pretty nice so far, but I really hope you can get rid of that search box or at least move it to where it was in Windows 7. I don't want that crap messing up the clean appearance of the task bar. 

Yes you can remove it. You can make it a button too.

Just right-click on the task bar and the option is there.

i really hope they dont change much from the win10 beta

i <3 it

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I sure hope you'll be able to change that hideous task bar.

Look at how much space Cortana takes up. I really hope you can remove her because I don't want my computer to constantly listen though my microphone.

Hopefully they will keep "small icons" as well because I never got the point of having them that big.

People should vote if they want Aero. I voted, as sure why not.

Would be cool to have both.

But if people don't vote, then Microsoft won't know. So be sure to vote and bug Microsoft on it, and I am sure it will be added.

I am starting to think that there is someone from Iran with a huge botnet voting on stuff in the suggestion forum. It doesn't make any sense that things related to Persian and Iran gets so many votes while other stuff doesn't even get close to as many.

Anyway I recommend everyone votes on these two:

Bring Back Aero Glass

Modern transparency for Windows 10

It would be good to vote with 3 points on both.

i kinda like it though i imagine the novlty will wear off.....any have an idea of the price BTW, how much was 8 if you were buying fresh when it first came out?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I don't like those icons that looks like android buttons, how will the task bar look when is filled with programs that have standard colored icons and then the programs with black and white icons MS is showing there.

And I have notice some weird shadows all around every window open in Win 10, At first I thought my screen was faulty but then I notice it moves with the window, I don't know if is caused by the system they are using to replace Aero, but is damn annoying.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

What exactly is aero? Is it just the style of Windows 7?

And Vista. It was much better than Metro for a lot of us. Metro and no Start Menu was pretty much what killed Windows 8.

Aero is the visual style of Vista and 7. Lots of transparency, glass effects and some other effects.

Most people (including me) just want the transparency back.

Aero is the visual style of Vista and 7. Lots of transparency, glass effects and some other effects.

Most people (including me) just want the transparency back.

Ok. Yeah, I personally am not a huge fan of the whole Windows 7 look, but it would be cool to have some transparency. Mac OS X is beautiful with its transparency.

Why nobody gives me Aero :(

I don't think many people like it. I personally hate the aero glass aesthetic.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

I don't think many people like it. I personally hate the aero glass aesthetic.

Whaaa? That was basically the best part of Aero. It was light, airy. I managed to get glass effect on 8.1 and it looks good with Metro, but I need MOAR.

...and I hate that blocky GUI, there will always be people that don't like GUIs, but they aren't such a big work, it wouldn't hurt if they include it...

As long as there's an option to switch between Metro and Aero, i'm all go for it.

I like, looks new and old

because it's ugly

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window