Mini-News: Windows 10 - Early look how it will look like + IE12 screenshot

GoodBytes

Now the task bar is blue. I guess this will be customizable. We can see it with normal program icons (which seams to have some rendering problems.. we can expect that fixed, of course)

But look at the desktop icons... hmmm what do you think?

Looking at the date on the system clock, assuming it is correct, it looks like how old the build is.

It looks slightly better with the blue task bar but God damn it's still hideous. Those flat and monochrome sticks out like a sore thumb against the rest of the icons. I don't want the rest of the programs to become monochrome either because it will just end up being harder to tell them apart.

I also got the same complaint that I had before. That "Search Windows and the web" button is huge. Hopefully you will be able to change it or even better, be able to remove it completely. The idea that Cortana will always be listening on me though the computer's mic really scares me as well, especially after all the crap about the NSA and Microsoft given them a ton of personal info. Government agencies who want to harvest personal information must love this. All of a sudden they got a microphone in everyone's home.

I am not so sure I like the square icons with the next on the right either, but at least that's just an aesthetics difference and does not reduce usability or privacy. Except if you want to put two columns of icons on your desk, in that case having the text on the right is really really stupid.

Because it doesn't provide any usefulness to the system and consumes resources.

Hello, it's not like it consumes a ton of resources.

We shouldn't eliminate things like Aero the sake of microscopic resource gain.

Oh my gawd.. Its so ugly.. Im still using Windows 7, and will not go to Windows 8 or newer untill they fix the layout of ''Tablet friendly''.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

Why nobody gives me Aero :(

I WANT AERO BACK!

Hello, it's not like it consumes a ton of resources.

We shouldn't eliminate things like Aero the sake of microscopic resource gain.

192MB of vRAM according to my P5K's bios readings. That's how little it actually uses.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

How can you say you dont know how old the SSs are? The dates right there, July 2014.

Anyway I'm loving the aesthetic of the taskbar, very chic. I hope this is what MS go for in the final build.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

How can you say you dont know how old the SSs are? The dates right there, July 2014.

Anyway I'm loving the aesthetic of the taskbar, very chic. I hope this is what MS go for in the final build.

probably because is easy to change dates in settings, i'm not saying those number ain't wrong but the don't provide any trust either, and even then this is a unconfirmed leak, these should be taken with cup sized grains of salt, personally as long as there is a transparent setting aero style and not use those icons i'm fine with any changes as long as they provide being useful 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

probably because is easy to change dates in settings, i'm not saying those number ain't wrong but the don't provide any trust either, and even then this is a unconfirmed leak, these should be taken with cup sized grains of salt, personally as long as there is a transparent setting aero style and not use those icons i'm fine with any changes as long as they provide being useful

Yeah you can change the icon of a program so that's not a big deal (other than showing how clueless Microsoft is)... Unless Microsoft removes that option as well. Someone will make a decent looking icon pack if Microsoft don't want to.

I am just worried about that hideous taskbar. I really hope Microsoft changes the design A LOT before release, and gives us more customization options than we have right now in Windows 8.

I'll end up modding the OS to look like win7 anyway :P

then why not just use win7?

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

then why not just use win7?

Because it runs like a bitch on some people's machines. Plus, i hate to say it, but it's a bit clunky. 8.1 is smoother than 7.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Looks like im staring at a moible phone, lovely.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

You know I was doing some thinking, and I don't think this will be the theme of Windows 10.

I am not saying it is a fake one, but perhaps a build (or branch of a build) of Windows where they were/are experimenting.

The reason why I am saying this, is why the build we have have different new icons look, and in the latest build we have newer of the new style icons.

Microsoft even showed the new folder icon with files inside.

windows-10-tech-preview-build-9879-2.png

(the idea is to make the files preview more visible on the folder compared to before.)

And:

build_9901_new_icons-580x250.jpg

Why would they spend time on these new icons if they won't use it? Then again, the same can be said about the other style.

I guess we have to wait and see in 10 days.

Am i the only one disliking the "look what i made in paint - material design" ???

Transparent 3d looking AERO is beautiful!

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

You know I was doing some thinking, and I don't think this will be the theme of Windows 10.

I am not saying it is a fake one, but perhaps a build (or branch of a build) of Windows where they were/are experimenting.

The reason why I am saying this, is why the build we have have different new icons look, and in the latest build we have newer of the new style icons.

Microsoft even showed the new folder icon with files inside.

http://images.gizmag.com/inline/windows-10-tech-preview-build-9879-2.png

(the idea is to make the files preview more visible on the folder compared to before.)

And:

http://4dm7pi3anfms2bn7sk7u16h1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/build_9901_new_icons-580x250.jpg

Why would they spend time on these new icons if they won't use it? Then again, the same can be said about the other style.

I guess we have to wait and see in 10 days.

Of course it's all personal tastes and such but damn do those icons look awful. Holy crap those folders are terrible.

Oh yes, we know that. It will be a totally new engine. IE11 focus was on low power consumption, and fast, responsive on a slow CPUs. As slow computers are faster Spartan project web browser will use 2 engines IE11 and the new engine. If a website request IE11, on the fly it will switch to IE11 engine. If the web site mentions nothing, nor you click on Compatibility mode, than it uses new engine. The new engine focuses on performance, but doesn't ignore IE11 advantage. So while exiting I don't expect to reach Chrome speed which this web browser doesn't care about your system resources, or battery life (the desktop version). It's always a balance. So we have to see what kind of optimization they can do to offer us a web browser better than Chrome and Firefox in terms of features and abilities, experience on both touch devices and desktop computers, and also performance.

We should get more details later on the new web browser, including what the marking team came out as name.

Knowing Microsoft marketing team, it will probably be: Internet Explorer One for Windows 10 Live Ultimate 2015 edition with MSN and Bing, for Humans. So if it ends up as Spartan, like Windows 7 and 8 code names were, probably the engineers decided. That is my guess.

I just mean to say that it is code named Spartan. It's a halo reference and not IE at all according to the info that is out there. I just thought that you should mention this in your original post.