Mini-News: Windows 10 - Early look how it will look like + IE12 screenshot

GoodBytes

Cnbeta have revealed screenshot of the up coming build showing how Windows 10 is starting to look like, including IE12 (or whatever it will be called)

95017c9e8c0e492.jpg

c4445772e30e57a.jpg

We can see the new task bar, and icons style of how Windows 10 will have, and the colors of windows, and the general look they are going to.

We don't know the build number, so we don't know if this is old or recent. The release Builds are quite delayed builds with features added from recent user feedback.

So the above shots can be several months old, so things can be different.

We can also see Cortana integration in IE12. This indicates that the URL bar is also a search bar much like IE11.

The next build will be release on January 21st, when Microsoft will do its event to inform everyone about the OS new features.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/9/7520989/windows-10-screenshots-dark-theme-spartan-browser

Update 1

A new leaked screen shot:

w102.jpg

Now the task bar is blue. I guess this will be customizable. We can see it with normal program icons (which seams to have some rendering problems.. we can expect that fixed, of course)

But look at the desktop icons... hmmm what do you think?

Source: http://www.winbeta.org/sites/default/files/news/cnbetaimagewindows10.jpg

I thought it wasn't going to be called ie12? Isn't ie being replaced?

I just called it that, as we don't know the name

I'll still end up using chrome anyway. I like the whole metro thing, but I hate the whole fullscreen thing.

yes, but not immediately. i reckon 10.1 will have whatever spartan ends up being named

and i really would like them not filling the taskbar with cortana, hope you can get rid of it

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Spartan.

Nevermind.

thats just the codename, id be surprised if it ends up named that

Because it doesn't provide any usefulness to the system and consumes resources.

consumes resources? its just an alpha channel and some other DX10 things, that on everything but 10 y/o gpus works with no problems

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Definitely an interesting UI design, but we'll have to wait and see what it will turn out like.

Every topic I post in dies.

I'm more interested in the new UI on the Taskbar. :o I really like the way things are coming together. This gets me really excited for January 21st.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Also iirc a REQUIRED thing from W8 is SSE instruction set... some old systems won't work... for example my Athlon XP 2600+ :/

So then all systems where you can install the OS is going to support aero for sure...

You can still couple a Haswell cpu with a 7600gs ;)

Also i didnt know W8 required sse. Wow windows moving it's customers onto "new" instructions

Wel, HD 4600 wud rek it in pieces

(RIP in pieces 7600GS)

Rip = REKT IN PIECES

3 words. Illuminati confirmed.

Also, P series cpus

wow looks good :) i really like windows 10 so far 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Because it doesn't provide any usefulness to the system and consumes resources.

Very minimal resources... There is very minimal (if any) reduction in resources going from Aero to Basic...

Personally, I think Windows 10 is starting to look like shit, since Aero is gone.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Yes. Also I don't see what would be the problem if they do that... I mean... it's easier than making a mod for GTA SA ._.

Well time. The GUI theme will have less time to polish the GUI or do every single icon, to work on Aero. But if it's in high demand, maybe Microsoft can dedicated some people additionally to work on it.

Even if it's not in for January 21st build, I strongly suggest to continue to push it.

looks good, ill use chrome but "this is ie12" thing looks real nice very clean

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Yes. Also I don't see what would be the problem if they do that... I mean... it's easier than making a mod for GTA SA ._.

Its an OS, which means that adding Aero will be another thing that they need to make sure doesn't cause issues, which is understandable. I still would like to have Aero though.

Every topic I post in dies.

Well time. The GUI theme will have less time to polish the GUI or do every single icon, to work on Aero. But if it's in high demand, maybe Microsoft can dedicated some people additionally to work on it.

Even if it's not in for January 21st build, I strongly suggest to continue to push it.

Yes please. I only have transparency on 8.1, but i want the whole Aero shebang. Also, is 10 still confirmed to be a free upgrade or do you need to pay?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

if i was Microsoft i would get in touch with the rain meter guys and put a team together to support allot of the cool rain-meter features, with a GUI and also let us set gifs or videos as wallpaper from start up