The new Sony Walkman is...$1200!That's not a joke. (and it's also running Android Jelly Bean) O_o

Nineshadow

Sony-Walkman-NW-ZX2.jpg

All signs pointed to a new Sony Walkman (literally) at CES 2015, and the signs didn't lie. The new Walkman ZX2 is real, and it's designed exclusively with high-end audiophiles in mind — as Sony puts it themselves, this is "the fruit of continuous refinement in high audio quality technologies."

A lot of people like the design of the ZX1, Sony's previous flagship Walkman. I wasn't one of them. But I love the new ZX2. I love the texture of its matte black casing. I love the playback buttons carved into its curved side — in the little time I've had to hold the device, my fingers curled right onto the play, pause, and rewind. It's heavier than you'd initially expect, in a good way. It's solid. The distinctive gold-toned headphone jack juts wider than the frame and adjacent to the microSD slot (if you need more than the 128GB of built-in storage).

To be sure, the ZX2 isn't an all-in-one device. It's running years-old Android — 4.2 Jelly Bean, to be exact, which first debuted in November 2012. And while you can download and play apps from Google Play, this isn't meant to match wits with today's smartphones. Everything around the device is meant for an optimal audio experience. Specs-wise, the new Walkman supports DSD, WAV, AIFF, FLAC, Apple Lossless, and more. It supports Bluetooth for wireless streaming and NFC for one-touch connection to speakers and headphones.

All this high fidelity comes at a price. While the recent Walkman A17 comes in at around $300, the ZX2 will launch in the Spring for over $1,119.99. The Walkman ZX2 is singularly focused on being a premium high-end audio experience — a surprisingly crowded category this year. Daft Punk sounded pretty good through Sony's own headphones, but I'm not about to pretend I can vouch for the audio fidelity here — a CES show floor is probably top five worse way to concentrate on any single, coherent sound.

More pictures here : SOURCE

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What the hell is Sony smoking? It's super ugly , bulky , laggy , running on old hardware and software and it costs damn $1200???What the hell...it has 128GB of storage but considering this is meant for very high-end sound codecs, it's gonna fill up really quickly.

They are definitely hoping some Sony, or more specifically Walkman, fanboy will buy this. I have no idea why anyone would ever want to get this unless...well, I can't find any good reason.

No wonder they're losing so much money, lol.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Probably made by the playstation's Sony deparment.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It looks really nice

but ... no, I will not be buying one....ever

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Please for the love of god paste in plain text so I can read it on night theme.

Why the hell doesn't automatic color work?

What about it now?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Halp... I'm drooling...

(I'll be buying the updated B series for my birthday tho...)

Why the hell doesn't automatic color work?

The grey on grey is killing me. You must paste as plain text for it to work, I think.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

The grey on grey is killing me. You must paste as plain text for it to work, I think.

Fixed now?

Lol is what joke

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Dope.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I understand that there is a market for highend audio devices, but I dont think this is the way to reach those people.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I believe this is a great product. The interface seems WAY better than any other high end DAP. If the sound quality is good then i believe it's going to be a successful product .

Am I reading

"Hi-Res audio"?

They have a page about it on their website, they mean lossless audio and higher bitrate (sort of): http://www.sony.nl/electronics/hoge-resolutie-audio (its in dutch but if you look at the diagrams its understandable i think)

Marketting BS ahoy!

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I would buy it, if it wasn't so expensive. I vote for them making another android-based player like the iPod touch but nowhere near as expensive. 

And have it run KitKat, and have a simple dual core and 2GB of RAM.

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

They have a page about it on their website, they mean lossless audio and higher bitrate (sort of): http://www.sony.nl/electronics/hoge-resolutie-audio (its in dutch but if you look at the diagrams its understandable i think)

Marketting BS ahoy!

I can sum it up in 1 picture ;)

9IcxYKX.png

I believe this is a great product. The interface seems WAY better than any other high end DAP. If the sound quality is good then i believe it's going to be a successful product .

But the price. I'd buy it if it were $750 in a heartbeat, if I had $750. The price... just... the price... painful.

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

For that price tag? Hell no. Also, hi-res audio? What? :huh:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

99.99% of people won't notice the difference between this and a phone with decent audio. So tell me, how do they expect this to be a success? And you don't even need to buy the garden variety overpriced 700+$ phones they insist on selling today, nokia 5800s (just for example) sound great and can be bought for peanuts.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I can sum it up in 1 picture ;)

you killed me.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

But the price. I'd buy it if it were $750 in a heartbeat, if I had $750. The price... just... the price... painful.

I do agree with you but if you look at some other products like this one, you'll realise that sony doens't ask THAT much. 

I wouldn't buy a DAP that costs more than my headphones anyway, but at least sony made something that seems nice and practical instead of something "just" ultra high end.

I do agree with you but if you look at some other products like this one, you'll realise that sony doens't ask THAT much. 

I wouldn't buy a DAP that costs more than my headphones anyway, but at least sony made something that seems nice and practical instead of something "just" ultra high end.

Yeah, I guess you're right. 

But I'd rather have a car. xD