XBox Avatars getting a graphical make over and new features

XTankSlayerX

2771738-avatar.jpg

^SOURCE^

"As we cross the threshold to a unified operating system and product experience across Microsoft, it is time to for Xbox avatars to also advance to the next level," reads a line from the first job requisition. "Come with us, as we take Xbox avatars on their biggest adventure yet with higher fidelity and a bigger stage in new Xbox experiences."

A successful candidate will help Microsoft "grow the avatar platform across all of our platforms, leveraging the power of the Xbox One, the far reach of Windows, and the intimacy of touch on mobile devices." This person will also work to ensure that Avatars not only look great, but are also "highly performant" across a range of devices, Microsoft says.

The "unified operating system" referenced above sounds a lot like Microsoft's Windows 10. If avatars are to play a role in the new OS, we might hear about them later this month when Xbox boss Phil Spencer speaks at a Windows 10 event that promises to have some gaming news.

About time,  they've always sort of looked kind of bad but it was to be expected. I wonder how the new ones will look like and how they'll be integrated into their platforms.

EDIT: Automatic color is failing me? Damnit...

And I just want to change my gamertag...

They look the same to me :P

It seems impossible until it's done.

I thought it was cute 6 years ago, now c'mon! Just let us use custom avatars!

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

2771738-avatar.jpg

^SOURCE^

About time,  they've always sort of looked kind of bad but it was to be expected. I wonder how the new ones will look like and how they'll be integrated into their platforms.

EDIT: Automatic color is failing me? Damnit...

If that's what they look like after the 'upgrade', they still don't look like they should be on a new console,  you'd expect edges like that if it was on the original xbox.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

@XTankSlayerX If you don't mind me asking how did you incorporate an image with a url? 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

@XTankSlayerX If you don't mind me asking how did you incorporate an image with a url? 

Right click the image, then click inspect element. It shows the HTML code used.

PMSL

Message Microsoft and make up some bullshit like your username is linked to your real and personal information or something. They'll let you change it for free if there is a IRL personal reason for it.

I knew some guy that had his full first and last name as his gamertag, and they let him change it for free because of privacy reasons.

Right click the image, then click inspect element. It shows the HTML code used.

Wait that works within the forum? 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Wait that works within the forum? 

yep

PMSL

I found the avatars to be a fun but useless feature (they arent really present now in the Xbone Dashboard) but their return could make XBL a more personal place again

144Hz goodness

Have fun paying 8$ 

Seems to me like every single console update is just to add more paid features. I admittedly play 3ds every once in a while, and after like 2 years they finally added themes (black one is the only good one imo) but you have to pay for most of them

Seems to me like every single console update is just to add more paid features. I admittedly play 3ds every once in a while, and after like 2 years they finally added themes (black one is the only good one imo) but you have to pay for most of them

Its why I pretty much told console companies to go shove their new consoles, having to pay extra to re-buy a game just so you can play it on a newer console is BS.

PMSL

Looks like slightly more detailed Miis if i'm honest.

Why do avatars even exist?

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

This is such a joke, with the power of the new xbox we can make new avatars! And we can also run games a 1080p! Ohhhhh wait.....

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Seriously, why do they exist? Oh look at me, I have a shitty fake human being that looks like a twat representing me.

Quite possibly, the single best description of an Xbox avatar that I have ever encountered.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I thought it was cute 6 years ago, now c'mon! Just let us use custom avatars!

That would result in too many dick/butt/dickbutt avatars.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

They looked like a rip off of Wii Avatars. Maybe now they can go for something that isn't as obvious of a rip off.

Or wait...is the image in the OP the "update"? I don't see a difference.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |