[Newegg] $99 7870(r9 270) $129 7950(r9 280)

Both the 7870 and 7950 are HIS's brand with one fan...so might not be that quiet, and might run hot....but their prices are too low! There is no beating the 7870 Ghz edition in its price range! If you opt for the larger $129 7950, you might want to consider a gtx 670....but good luck finding a new one ;p

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

Asides from me not trusting HIS, not from personal experience but from lack of word of mouth, the 7870 GHz is a pretty good deal, it easily beats a 750 Ti asides from in power consumption. If you have a single 7870 GHz now, putting it in crossfire would be ballin'.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I'm pretty sure the 7950 is pretty close if not a bit better than the 670 due to the many driver improvements it's had.

Feel free to correct me if someone finds a recent comparison that shows otherwise though.

Asides from me not trusting HIS, not from personal experience but from lack of word of mouth, the 7870 GHz is a pretty good deal, it easily beats a 750 Ti asides from in power consumption. If you have a single 7870 GHz now, putting it in crossfire would be ballin'.

HIS is good. The fan used for the linked 7870 is actually pretty darn quiet with a quick foam isolating mod and the heatsink cools well enough in some cases that the fan can turn off at idle.

Foam mod:

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'm pretty sure the 7950 is pretty close if not a bit better than the 670 due to the many driver improvements it's had.

Well when I looked at 1-2 year old benchmarks, I didn't really think of that xD

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

HIS is good. The fan used for the linked 7870 is actually pretty darn quiet with a quick foam isolating mod and the heatsink cools well enough in some cases that the fan can turn off at idle.

Foam mod:

Yea, I honestly just haven't really heard anything about HIS prior. Not that I find that to be bad, it's just a lack of trust versus brands I do know. Glad you could clarify, though!

If I were on the market under a real budget constraint, I still would have bought this, despite what I said xD

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

HIS is kinda like powercolor.  You dont hear a lot about them, but they're actually very decent cards.

This is also a fantastic deal for anyone on a budget.  A 7950 for $130? Holy shit.  

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

HIS is kinda like powercolor.  You dont hear a lot about them, but they're actually very decent cards.

This is also a fantastic deal for anyone on a budget.  A 7950 for $130? Holy shit.  

Yeah, the 7950 has 21 reviews, average 4-star egg rating, though I'm seeing some reviews of the fan dying within months.  I might pull the trigger on this, after looking at a 760 refurb on Microcenter for $160.

Though I wouldn't be able to drive both dual-link DVI and VGA, sadly.  Unless it comes with the proper adapters.

[witty signature]

Yeah, the 7950 has 21 reviews, average 4-star egg rating, though I'm seeing some reviews of the fan dying within months. 

Do note that people who have issues speak up while those who don't stay quiet so take the reviews with a grain of salt.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I have that exact 7870.  It is a great card but does get rather loud under load (probably because of my custom fan curve, though).

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5ghz (1.332v) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | Kingston HyperX 16GB @ 1600mhz | MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w PSU | 256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 | Zalman Z11 Plus

Getting. Defiantly. Possibly. Maby...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

for all those concerned about energy its only 3.44 cents a year @ 0.08 kw/h peak load 24/7 compared to gtx 970

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

NOOO mised the hd 7950.

u think it will come back?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

lol want to buy mine?

your new one? Or used?

your new one? Or used?

oh was being half serious. I have a asus dcuII 7950, its a massive triple slot cooler. could use a good cleaning, but has great temps even OC'd. runs far cry 4 max settings 60 fps almost constant with the overclock. so nice. that card was bought from this fourm lol, and i know 100% it was not mined on

than recently(last week) i picked up a 7970 off of ebay, it has some writing that i cant make out in sharpie on the plastic cover, but it runs dead silent at 70*C under full load, and when i bought it there was not a speck of dust, so im 99% that one was brand new. well was. used for about a week. 

letting my bro use my 7950 because no game I play uses both yet. if you really are interested you can PM me, id let one go simply because I bought both to crossfire, but nothing really needs it yet. 

oh was being half serious. I have a asus dcuII 7950, its a massive triple slot cooler. could use a good cleaning, but has great temps even OC'd. runs far cry 4 max settings 60 fps almost constant with the overclock. so nice. that card was bought from this fourm lol, and i know 100% it was not mined on

than recently(last week) i picked up a 7970 off of ebay, it has some writing that i cant make out in sharpie on the plastic cover, but it runs dead silent at 70*C under full load, and when i bought it there was not a speck of dust, so im 99% that one was brand new. well was. used for about a week. 

letting my bro use my 7950 because no game I play uses both yet. if you really are interested you can PM me, id let one go simply because I bought both to crossfire, but nothing really needs it yet. 

Ill probably just get this one, it is like new for 128$

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XFX-AMD-Radeon-HD-7950-FX-795A-TDFC-VE-0-3-GB-GDDR5-PCI-Express-x16-GPU-Box-/271717733081?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item3f43a392d9#viTabs_0

id be wary of ebay. look for someone selling a individual card. bulk means mined on 99% of the time. just because they kept the orignal box, and its "like new" because hardware doesnt phyiscally wear out besides the fan.(appearance anyway)

considering someone had 11 identical high end amd graphics cards, Id be wary. I searched for weeks to find that 7970 I just bought, but that one was still in a sealed box. so. but your money and i guess i may have a conflict of interest, but ask @WoodenMarker if buying from bulk seller of amd cards is a good idea. 

Im not sure if im going to even sell mine, but either way wouldnt want you to be screwed over. Ill look at some ebay postings and look if you want. something to remember is that new ones come up all the time, so there may not be a decent one this very moment. 

id be wary of ebay. look for someone selling a individual card. bulk means mined on 99% of the time. just because they kept the orignal box, and its "like new" because hardware doesnt phyiscally wear out besides the fan.(appearance anyway)

considering someone had 11 identical high end amd graphics cards, Id be wary. I searched for weeks to find that 7970 I just bought, but that one was still in a sealed box. so. but your money and i guess i may have a conflict of interest, but ask @WoodenMarker if buying from bulk seller of amd cards is a good idea. 

Im not sure if im going to even sell mine, but either way wouldnt want you to be screwed over. Ill look at some ebay postings and look if you want. something to remember is that new ones come up all the time, so there may not be a decent one this very moment. 

Sure, sure.

But has 2334 feedback, 100% positive. Not really sure.

Sure, sure.

But has 2334 feedback, 100% positive. Not really sure.

Thats why I asked for a outside opinion. like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sapphire-Radeon-HD-7950-PCIE-3-0-Video-Card-W-BOOST-Dual-X-PCI-e-Riser-/261700873566?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item3cee966d5e

cheap, but bulk and comes with a pci riser. clearly mined on. 

I stay away with anything with a generic picture, and not the actual specific card, pci risers, and bulk. that being said, I highly recommend 7950s/7970s because best bang for the buck currently. and there are a couple cards going cheap on ebay right now.

IE: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amd-Hd-7950-Graphics-Card-/161540097553?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item259c8a4611

cheap, and only listing. would be willing to bet never mined on. 

Thats why I asked for a outside opinion. like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sapphire-Radeon-HD-7950-PCIE-3-0-Video-Card-W-BOOST-Dual-X-PCI-e-Riser-/261700873566?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item3cee966d5e

cheap, but bulk and comes with a pci riser. clearly mined on. 

I stay away with anything with a generic picture, and not the actual specific card, pci risers, and bulk. that being said, I highly recommend 7950s/7970s because best bang for the buck currently. and there are a couple cards going cheap on ebay right now.

IE: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amd-Hd-7950-Graphics-Card-/161540097553?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item259c8a4611

cheap, and only listing. would be willing to bet never mined on. 

I dont like bidding stuff. 

I dont like bidding stuff. 

its your choice. I mean, there is a possibility Im wrong. if they are a legitmate store I dunno, its still a massive pile of used amd cards. unless you go around buying used cards to resell, they are most likely used for mining, but thats just my 2 cents. maybe if someone had a bunch of gaming rigs they tore apart, but in that case Id doubt they would be all identical. I honestly dont know, I mean I bought both my cards used. with ebay its kinda just hope you pick the right buyer. 

your money, do you what you want. I work at mcdonalds so im super stingy lol. may want to wait on someone elses opinion though. Id personally wouldnt sell my cards for less than 150, but they are great and never mined on. but as they are not on the classifieds, Im not clearly really trying to sell them. 

Id say if you want that card from that buyer, wait for someone else opinion. I personally think that bulk selling amd cards is shady. but thats me. in all fairness I may very well be wrong. 

its your choice. I mean, there is a possibility Im wrong. if they are a legitmate store I dunno, its still a massive pile of used amd cards. unless you go around buying used cards to resell, they are most likely used for mining, but thats just my 2 cents. maybe if someone had a bunch of gaming rigs they tore apart, but in that case Id doubt they would be all identical. I honestly dont know, I mean I bought both my cards used. with ebay its kinda just hope you pick the right buyer.

your money, do you what you want. I work at mcdonalds so im super stingy lol. may want to wait on someone elses opinion though. Id personally wouldnt sell my cards for less than 150, but they are great and never mined on. but as they are not on the classifieds, Im not clearly really trying to sell them.

Id say if you want that card from that buyer, wait for someone else opinion. I personally think that bulk selling amd cards is shady. but thats me. in all fairness I may very well be wrong.

Hmm, any one's you would recommend that are buy it now that you think would be good?

Hmm, any one's you would recommend that are buy it now that you think would be good?

well the problem is buy it nows are generally overpriced, or bulk sellers. 

but no matter what you do, dual 7950s or 7970s is the way to go

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/3637568

my benchmark with 2 "7950s" running at 1150 mhz