What first car should I get?

terrytek

Well, that thing raises a few questions after a brief glance.

1. is the lovely BOV venting to atmosphere? Cause from the looks of it, its shouldn't. (I don't know that car too well, but it's def. a Mass Air setup. Ergo: VTA no good)

2. Why is the engine bay a diff color than the car? Repaint?   Accident? Sup?

3. Why would imbalanced wheels cause a car to shake at high RPM rather than high speed? Either Poster doesn't know WTF they are talking about or made a mistake.

Do your homework when buying a used car. Always. :)

this.

If you get a used car and don't have it inspected by a mechanic, you're about as idiotic as it can get.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

was that your first time driving?

Also, having a bike as a first vehicle is much more difficult and dangerous. You don't fully understand the road, how things work, traffic, nor is your situational awareness nearly as good.

yes it was my first time experience with commuting but i had like 2 months of riding experience on the bike before hand.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Well, that thing raises a few questions after a brief glance.

1. is the lovely BOV venting to atmosphere? Cause from the looks of it, its shouldn't. (I don't know that car too well, but it's def. a Mass Air setup. Ergo: VTA no good)

2. Why is the engine bay a diff color than the car? Repaint?   Accident? Sup?

3. Why would imbalanced wheels cause a car to shake at high RPM rather than high speed? Either Poster doesn't know WTF they are talking about or made a mistake.

Do your homework when buying a used car. Always. :)

1. It's a Mass Air setup. But I see no sign of the BOV.

2. It's 2 tone factory paint.

3. I think it might be a mistake.

How about a Ford Fiesta ST? It's not that expensive, it is fuel economic and it looks quite stylish :)

I'm honestly not into these newer cars. They're to computerized. I need to dig into my mechanical roots.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

The stealth isn't as good, or as good looking.

It's literally the same car w/diff body panels. Also a bit of a  PITA to work on, engine wise. Personally, I like the Mitsu looks better than the Stealth also. Heavy ass cars too.

Here's an insurance quote for the Mazdaspeed Protege.

0603ea66f9.png

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

But I don't know the engine. PRobably they fucked with it.

Is it FWD, RWD, or 4WD?

Does the CRV even come with a B18 :lol:

Looks stock aside from the CD player. You could always check it out yourself.

4WD

Comes with a B20, but something happened idk what, so she got a B18 put in there

honestly, i'm getting sick of V6s. They feel pretty weak compared to I4s these days and I think I4s have more potential.

Don't know about the 3000GT's V6 but the 350Z has lots more low end torque then I4s, and plus dat VQ sound

"Rawr XD"

EVO VI or 350Z for le sideaways fun.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

1. It's a Mass Air setup. But I see no sign of the BOV.

2. It's 2 tone factory paint.

3. I think it might be a mistake.

I'm honestly not into these newer cars. They're to computerized. I need to dig into my mechanical roots.

Good to know re: Paint. I thought that was quite odd.

Best part about new cars: Flash and go: EZ upgrades.

What do you even mean by that?

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

3 mk1 or 5

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Good to know re: Paint. I thought that was quite odd.

Best part about new cars: Flash and go: EZ upgrades.

I'm not that huge into new cars either. Sure Flash and go is easy but we already do that with other things like computers and phones. Some people like to actually tinker around and do more hands-on upgrades with their cars. Even my Escape Hybrid is more modernized then I'd prefer a car to be 

"Rawr XD"

What do you even mean by that?

Too many electronics in cars nowadays, like electric power steering and electric assisted brakes. No fun at all.

Holy crap, Mazdaspeed 6s are harder to find than I thought. Especially the 4WD Grand Touring model, with leather, navigation, and a sunroof. Only found like 4, but all in Southern CA. And if I manage to find one, it's way over my budget by as much as another 8 grand, close to what we paid for our Corolla.

I would get something like a Golf GTI.

Imprezas and Evos have crazy insurance and maintenance costs.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/4819343575.html

I might consider one, but the one you linked is too far, in Southern CA. Mind if you can possibly send a Mazdaspeed 6 to my house? :P

All Mazdaspeed 6s are/were AWD. It's a goofy setup, and very very front biased most of the time. Just FYI. Same 2.3l as in the Speed 3 and every boosted 4cyl currently (Same engine family)

I dig that too man. The mechanical components are the best and the most reliable. The cars you suggested on the list are good and it would be great if you deal with a low insured one. 

The Mazdaspeed 3 MK1 is nice.

Too many electronics in cars nowadays, like electric power steering and electric assisted brakes. No fun at all.

that really doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

How does buying a car with ABS, etc change anything? How is not getting those feature going to connect you to your "mechanical roots"? They dont exactly complicate things that much more.

Gaming Build:

Peripherals:

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

What is the most important thing for you in your car? Are you just a normal driver oa do you want a bit more action? Do you plan on upgrading/moding it?

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

All Mazdaspeed 6s are/were AWD. It's a goofy setup, and very very front biased most of the time. Just FYI. Same 2.3l as in the Speed 3 and every boosted 4cyl currently (Same engine family)

Yeah, but it's longer, so more legroom for passengers.

How does buying a car with ABS, etc change anything? How is not getting those feature going to connect you to your "mechanical roots"? They dont exactly complicate things that much more.

They just make the car feel weak and i can't feel anything out of the car. For example, my dad's Protege has mechanical power steering and mechanical cruise control, but it doesn't take away from the joy of driving it.

What is the most important thing for you in your car? Are you just a normal driver oa do you want a bit more action? Do you plan on upgrading/moding it?

Not really normal. Something with a bit of a kick, and will soon plan to upgrade it once into college.

Electric power steering. It's like high input lag and response times on a monitor. Takes away the agility and fun-feeling of when you actually drive your car. I have an Escape Hybrid with electric power steering and it already feels boring around the city. Put it in a low-slung car to drive around a winding road and I wouldn't be surprised if it felt like shit. Even the new Alfa 4C has no power steering at all.

"Rawr XD"

Yeah, but it's longer, so more legroom for passengers.

Get a 6th gen Nissan Maxima then. 350Z powered luxury with rear seats and 4 doors.

"Rawr XD"

Weren't you like 14 a few months ago and now you are 16? Some voodo shit right there.

Also those insurance quotes you are posting have dick all for coverage.

Electric power steering. It's like high input lag and response times on a monitor. Takes away the agility and fun-feeling of when you actually drive your car. I have an Escape Hybrid with electric power steering and it already feels boring around the city. Put it in a low-slung car to drive around a winding road and I wouldn't be surprised if it felt like shit. Even the new Alfa 4C has no power steering at all.

Maybe because you drive a Hybrid Escape???

System: Thinkpad T460