What first car should I get?

terrytek

Here's an insurance quote for the Mazdaspeed Protege.

0603ea66f9.png

Well, if you get lucky like I did, the woman at the DMV could accidentally classify the 3000gt as a 2 door hatchback, instead of a 2 door coupe, results in a hell of a lot lower insurance.

Also this. I want this.

Except I want the AWD 5 speed version :D make those silly mustangs cry.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Weren't you like 14 a few months ago and now you are 16? Some voodo shit right there.

I can't drive, but I'm planning ahead so I already would know what to get.

Get a 6th gen Nissan Maxima then. 350Z powered luxury with rear seats and 4 doors.

Maxima's too big. And plus, I'm afraid it might not fit in the garage. I think a Mazdaspeed 6 is smaller, so it could fit. Plus, the 6 also has 4 doors, rear leather seats, competing against the Maxima.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Maybe because you drive a Hybrid Escape???

Why does it matter. Even with a non-hybrid Escape that has hydraulic PS, it's not like you're going to be driving it like a sports car around winding roads anyways. But electric power steering is electric. Think of it like driving a car with a Logitech G27. There's no mechanical linkage between the wheels and the column that steers them, you will never get as accurate reproduction of steering feel with electric power steering as you will with mechanical or even hydraulic power assist. 

"Rawr XD"

Well, if you get lucky like I did, the woman at the DMV could accidentally classify the 3000gt as a 2 door hatchback, instead of a 2 door coupe, results in a hell of a lot lower insurance.

Also this. I want this.

Except I want the AWD 5 speed version :D make those silly mustangs cry.

Nah, I' don't like the body of the 3000GT. Doesn't look good.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Meh, I love the look of it. And the ride, that nice low, hugging the road feeling. Also, (last one) I did not see this

I would get something like a Golf GTI.

Imprezas and Evos have crazy insurance and maintenance costs.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/4819343575.html

golf gti's are the most boring cars on earth. they are well made, quiet, practical, reliable, understeer, don't have loads of power, but they aren't slow either. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

The 2000GT though, that is an absolute beaut.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

that nice low, hugging the road feeling.

I drive one of these weekly and I could describe it in the same way

2010-toyota-prius.png

"Rawr XD"

I do love me some K24 but I think insurance would be crazy since it's a luxury car.

The 2000GT though, that is an absolute beaut.

He meant the Mitsubishi 3000GT, but damn, that is one hell of a sexy car.

Electric power steering. It's like high input lag and response times on a monitor. Takes away the agility and fun-feeling of when you actually drive your car. I have an Escape Hybrid with electric power steering and it already feels boring around the city. Put it in a low-slung car to drive around a winding road and I wouldn't be surprised if it felt like shit. Even the new Alfa 4C has no power steering at all.

Totally Manufacturer dependent. Porsche finally is getting it right, BMW nailed it, and TBH, The steering in my BRZ is excellent. Agility has nothing to do with electric steering. Feedback is the dominant complaint, and with electric steering getting better and better, it's becoming less of a concern. I hated it in everything I drove, minus the above. "commuter car" electric steering is no different that hydraulic steering: it's numb in either case.

People will shoot me the minute they see me in one.

I managed to find an MSP for 5K and it's pretty decent. Left in factory condition. http://stockton.craigslist.org/cto/4819234789.html

Nah, people will love you for it. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I do love me some K24 but I think insurance would be crazy since it's a luxury car.

So are Mazda 6 and Nissan Maxima

"Rawr XD"

Totally Manufacturer dependent. Porsche finally is getting it right, BMW nailed it, and TBH, The steering in my BRZ is excellent. Agility has nothing to do with electric steering. Feedback is the dominant complaint, and with electric steering getting better and better, it's becoming less of a concern. I hated it in everything I drove, minus the above. "commuter car" electric steering is no different that hydraulic steering: it's numb in either case.

YEah it is. Even if I have hydraulic power steering, at least not all the feedback is gone. I can still feel the wheels moving. Electric steering loses all of the feedback. At least hydrualic power steering saves some of the feedback.

He meant the Mitsubishi 3000GT.

I know this, what do you take me for? some sort of noob?

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

So are Mazda 6 and Nissan Maxima

Mazda 6 is not a luxury car. The base model doesn't even have leather or a sunroof, unlike the Maxima, which comes standard with leather.

I drive one of these weekly and I could describe it in the same way

-snip

No. I've ridden and driven one of those, and it is so completely unlike a sports car that it's not even funny. My dad's dodge ram pickup has more in common with a sports car.

Admittedly they have great gas mileage, still the most boring car ever created though, also lethal to deaf children.

:P

Mazda 6 is not a luxury car. The base model doesn't even have leather or a sunroof, unlike the Maxima, which comes standard with leather.

Nope, mine had cloth seats. I hate leather. Burns your ass in the summer and freezes it off in the winter.

2004_nissan_maxima_se-pic-89573948659718

"Rawr XD"

golf gti's are the most boring cars on earth. they are well made, quiet, practical, reliable, understeer, don't have loads of power, but they aren't slow either. 

LOL 

What are you basing this off of?

System: Thinkpad T460

Nope, mine had cloth seats. I hate leather. Burns your ass in the summer and freezes it off in the winter.

You probably have the Maxima and the Altima mixed up.

Not really normal. Something with a bit of a kick, and will soon plan to upgrade it once into college.

Then 5 or 7 for sure, also take both for a test drive

Edit: did you take a look at other cars, like the golf gti or other "sport edition" cars?

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

No. I've ridden and driven one of those, and it is so completely unlike a sports car that it's not even funny. My dad's dodge ram pickup has more in common with a sports car.

Never said it was like a sports car. You wanted something low and that hugs the road, and the Prius fits in that description, because being low and road-hugging is how it achieves all those aerodynamics, only it's for fuel economy in this case rather then downforce. 

The 3rd gen has a surprising amount of power though, didn't expect it to take off that well the first time I drove it.

"Rawr XD"

You probably have the Maxima and the Altima mixed up.

That's a Maxima. I had a 2005 Maxima SE before I was rear ended and it was written off. It had cloth seats. 

Maxima-8.jpg

"Rawr XD"

Then 5 or 7 for sure, also take both for a test drive

Edit: did you take a look at other cars, like the golf gti or other "sport edition" cars?

7 i was gonna take out because insurance is ridiculously high, but 5 might be a choice.

I have, because  Ican't seem to get a insurance quote for the Mazdaspeed 6. I might get a MS Miata instead.

7 i was gonna take out because insurance is ridiculously high, but 5 might be a choice.

I have, because Ican't seem to get a insurance quote for the Mazdaspeed 6. I might get a MS Miata instead.

Miata ftw

Longboarders/ skaters message me!