What first car should I get?

terrytek

An ITR in the condition you are looking for with low to decent mileage cannot be had for the $10k budget you mentioned. Even then, there is a good chance that it will be broken into or stolen as the motors and interiors in those cars are highly sought after.

You can get yourself into a nice Mustang GT from 2000-04 for less than $6k.

Like I said before, save some money for something nicer. When I say nicer, you can probably get yourself into a much newer STI that is not molested for a decent price. 

Since this is a tech forum well make up a scenario that relates to computers.  Would you buy a graphics card that is within your budget now but very old, outdated, and has a greater chance or failure, or would you rather wait just a little longer and buy the newer one that it far better.

An ITR in the condition you are looking for with low to decent mileage cannot be had for the $10k budget you mentioned. Even then, there is a good chance that it will be broken into or stolen as the motors and interiors in those cars are highly sought after.

You can get yourself into a nice Mustang GT from 2000-04 for less than $6k.

Like I said before, save some money for something nicer. When I say nicer, you can probably get yourself into a much newer STI that is not molested for a decent price. 

Since this is a tech forum well make up a scenario that relates to computers.  Would you buy a graphics card that is within your budget now but very old, outdated, and has a greater chance or failure, or would you rather wait just a little longer and buy the newer one that it far better.

I think 2007 STIs are the sweet spot. Still looks good while keeping mechanical stability. Though can't really find one for 10K or less.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Exactly. You should get something more sensible for now until a nicer option is available to you. You'll will be far happier in the long run.

Exactly. You should get something more sensible for now until a nicer option is available to you. You'll will be far happier in the long run.

Then a Mazdaspeed MX 5 if  I can find one.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D