What first car should I get?

terrytek

Because that Camry has 280K MILES ON AN 8 YEAR OLD CAR....

OK HOW THE FUCK DO THEY MANAGE THAT. MY 12 YEAR OLD PROTEGE HAS ONLY 230K WHAT THE FUCK.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Because that Camry has 280K MILES ON AN 8 YEAR OLD CAR....

That's nothing for a Camry Hybrid. Toyota's HSD is bulletproof compared to Honda's IMA, and the owner just put a fresh traction battery in that Camry as well.

"Rawr XD"

A bit overkill tbh

Well, at least I don't have to put mods to my liking.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

OK HOW THE FUCK DO THEY MANAGE THAT. MY 12 YEAR OLD PROTEGE HAS ONLY 230K WHAT THE FUCK.

MY STEPBROTHER+SISTER DO 40K A YEAR ON THEIR 3 YEAR OLD FUSION AND IT'S ALREADY BEYOND REPAIR AND NEEDS REPLACING WTF

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Highway km? My friend has a 2008 Highlander with over 300,000km on it, because the previous owner's daily drive to work took 1-1.5 hours one way.

"Rawr XD"

I know it's a looooooooong drive for you but I was checking out local Craigslist listings for me and god knows how but here's a clean S Class http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/4822573793.html

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

FRS is more fun to drive (stiffer suspension, less intrusive TCS), BRZ is a better daily driver and comes with more features.

Eh, you get more features in the base BRZ, everything else is pretty much the same. The suspension differences are literally slightly stiffer springs in the rear and softer up front for the FRS. That's it. TCS is the same system.

I bought the BRZ because I liked the looks more than the FRS (bumpers specifically), interior is nicer IMO- not a fan of all the red beyond the stitching, material is nicer IMO, headlights aren't an upgrade (HID vs halogens), fogs standard, etc.

He doesn't want a Benz bro (neither do I tbh)

If my budget didn't cap out at 4k I would buy that thing in a heartbeat and feel so much less middle-lower class than I am now xD

Damn. Insurance for the FR-S is through the roof, even more than an MSP.

Progressive:\

e517fe4264.png

Esurance :

f3898e3eba.png

If my budget didn't cap out at 4k I would buy that thing in a heartbeat and feel so much less middle-lower class than I am now xD

I don't feel like driving all the way to Portland to see a car I won't buy. :P

I don't feel like driving all the way to Portland to see a car I won't buy. :P

Are M3 and MS3 engines the same? Cause if they are I don't see why you couldn't just strap a turbo to an I4 Escape

"Rawr XD"

Are M3 and MS3 engines the same? Cause if they are I don't see why you couldn't just strap a turbo to an I4 Escape

I'm pretty sure the MS3 is like the M3, just turboed and intercooled.

Get a used nisan sentra.

Found one with 60,000 miles, in great shape for $10000.

Too much. Must be 8K or less.

Something cheap that you won't mind beating up. I really don't think anyone should have a brand new car for their first car. You have no idea how many brand new cars that belong to 16 year olds I get in my body shop. All of them are from them hitting something. They rear end others, hit poles, spin out in the rain and total their cars ( got about 4 of those from 16 year old drivers a couple weeks ago from a recent rain storm).

Buy a used Tacoma and drive it for 2 years. Buy a new car after you get some more driving experience. Now I'm not saying you are a bad driver, but the lack of experience and my experience fixing kid's cars just gives me concern.

I also speak from experience. My first car was a 10 year old Mitsubishi Montero. I hit a pole with it (very minor bumper damage, didn't bother fixing it). I got myself a few years of driving experience, then I bought my current car, my Dodge Charger. And from my own driving and repair experiences, I would strongly disagree with getting an aggressive car as your first car. As cool as they are, one needs to get experience behind the wheel with a more manageable car first, then step up to a more aggressive car.

Renault Espace.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

Oh, a used ford crown vic.

I don't like american cars one bit. Too big, too weak, and thirsty.

I don't like american cars one bit. Too big, too weak, and thirsty.

Then just get some mega cheap used car, fix it up and drive it til you kill it.

Then just get some mega cheap used car, fix it up and drive it til you kill it.

Like those bubble cars like the geo metro hatch? no thanks, it's ugly as fuck.

Like those bubble cars like the geo metro hatch? no thanks, it's ugly as fuck.

Who cares, get something cheap and fuel efficient,

My uncle got some old car that is getting 40mpg and he paid $1500.